Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Norwich?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How much do you think he's worth then?

I don't think Barnes is worth a wank.......queue mass hysteria!!!!!!.......Seriously though, Barnes will end up having a very good career at and around this level, but never above..Someone might pay a million for Barnes, although I don't think he is worth that, like someone else said, more around the £300/400k mark.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just to return to the original topic, Mrs Earle spoke to CMS for about 10 minutes at Charlie's Testimonial lunch. He told her that Norwich have been pursuing him since his Peterboro days and he takes no notice now. I think we should do the same.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think Barnes is worth a wank.......queue mass hysteria!!!!!!.......Seriously though, Barnes will end up having a very good career at and around this level, but never above..Someone might pay a million for Barnes, although I don't think he is worth that, like someone else said, more around the £300/400k mark.

Interesting isent it..what u think a player is worth and what someone might pay for him...often they vary quite a bit

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Seriously though, I think you mean cue. However clearly you are just attention seeking again re Barnes's value.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Just to return to the original topic, Mrs Earle spoke to CMS for about 10 minutes at Charlie's Testimonial lunch. He told her that Norwich have been pursuing him since his Peterboro days and he takes no notice now. I think we should do the same.

I can sleep peacefully tonight. Thankyou :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Seriously though, I think you mean cue. However clearly you are just attention seeking again re Barnes's value.

Why would I mean Cue?,,as in snooker cue?....No I mean't queue, as in a line of something. As in abuse....If your going to try and pull someone up on their use of the English language, make sure you get it right yourself lol.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

You're entitlted to your opinion and couldn't see any club paying more than we paid for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it was plain for everyone to see, just how much we missed Cms, when he was injured for them few games. He is the best striker at the club by a million miles, would be a massive mistake to sell him in January, as whoever may be coming in would need time to adjust to a new team, unless of course the person coming in was a very very high class player. Would be a massive call to sell our top scorer in January, if we are challenging for the play offs...Either very clever or amazingly stupid.
Get ready people...

I agree with Kev!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can't see Cms leaving in January, if he is to leave will probably be the end of the season. With Barnes think he is worth 1-mill easily as he will finish in double figures again this season and remember he was our top scorer last season as well

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wouldn't overly care if CMS went to Norwich in January to be honest. All that wasted energy buzzing around all over the pitch to little effect. Reckon you'd get far more return for your money on somebody like Chris Wood or Ashley Barnes or anybody of a slightly higher class who has natural goal-sniffer's sense of positioning. For all his unarguable running around abilities, CMS clearly lacks that particular instinct.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
On the Barnes thing. If I supported a club who paid a million pound for Ashley Barnes as a striker, then he came in and missed the chances he does. I would not be very impressed to say the least. Least we not forget, that we as a team create a lot of chances for him to miss in the first place, he may not get no where near as many in another team. Not worth nowhere near a million pounds in my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There was mention somewhere, that blonde footballers have a higher profile because they are more recognisable on the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would I mean Cue?,,as in snooker cue?....No I mean't queue, as in a line of something. As in abuse....If your going to try and pull someone up on their use of the English language, make sure you get it right yourself lol.

Cue is the correct word as in a play, an actor takes their cue from the phrase spoken just before their line. Your phrase referring to Barnes is the cue for posters to abuse you.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wouldn't overly care if CMS went to Norwich in January to be honest. All that wasted energy buzzing around all over the pitch to little effect. Reckon you'd get far more return for your money on somebody like Chris Wood or Ashley Barnes or anybody of a slightly higher class who has natural goal-sniffer's sense of positioning. For all his unarguable running around abilities, CMS clearly lacks that particular instinct.

Little effect???..You are taking the piss right???..9 league goals this season and he missed 3 games, he never gives opposition defences a seconds peace. He must be a nightmare to play against.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here