Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Norwich?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Before a midweek game last season i was talking to a couple from Watford, where CMS comes from. We were not playing Watford, and i asked why they were at the game.
CMS is a friend of theirs and had given them a couple of tickets for the match. I asked what CMS thought of Brighton, the area etc. They said he loved it here.
So i don't think he is wanting to leave.
I believe his younger brother is also on the books.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I note that Greer has an appearance related clause in his contract which will trigger a new deal. Are we looking for someone better to replace him ???
Probably. He's not getting any younger, and if we are serious about premiership football, El Abd and Greer are no where near good enough. All I know is the main target is a central defender. Who that defender is I haven't the foggiest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably. He's not getting any younger, and if we are serious about premiership football, El Abd and Greer are no where near good enough. All I know is the main target is a central defender. Who that defender is I haven't the foggiest.

I personally feel El Abd could do a job in the top flight. I'm not comparing him to the centre half pairings at a top 8 club, but I'm sure I've seen a lot worse, the obvious example being that black bloke who has played for Ipswich, Sunderland, and Newcastle all in the top div, and used to f*** up every three or four games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having spoken to an ardent Norwich fan, he has heard nothing of these rumours at that end. The rumours are more about "Chamakh from Arsenal, or some little known African playing in France"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Glad that a central defender is on the wanted list. Only 3 at the club now.

Really like CMS, but if the fee is decent, and well reinvested, it's not too tragic if he moves to Norwich.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Before a midweek game last season i was talking to a couple from Watford, where CMS comes from. We were not playing Watford, and i asked why they were at the game.
CMS is a friend of theirs and had given them a couple of tickets for the match. I asked what CMS thought of Brighton, the area etc. They said he loved it here.
So i don't think he is wanting to leave.
I believe his younger brother is also on the books.

Agree, he's not wanting out

He turned up at the NWSS meeting a couple of weeks ago and if you wanted to see a bloke absolutely loving his time down here you should have been there. He was also very humble and saying how happy he was with his lot. This was a bloke that came out of the obscurity of non/lower league and probably exceeded all his own expectations. I guess if the club think they can make a decent profit on him they'll flog him but I certainly didn't get any impression he was wanting or expecting away to a Prem club. He could have gone to West Ham if he wanted that but he was talking about meeting with Fat Sam and what an arrogant to$$er he was, gave him 10 minutes then expected him sign whereas he got 2 hours with Gus and really felt we had done our work on researching him and he felt immediately "at home"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think Barnes is worth a wank.......queue mass hysteria!!!!!!.......Seriously though, Barnes will end up having a very good career at and around this level, but never above..Someone might pay a million for Barnes, although I don't think he is worth that, like someone else said, more around the £300/400k mark.

Seriously though, I think you mean cue. However clearly you are just attention seeking again re Barnes's value.

Why would I mean Cue?,,as in snooker cue?....No I mean't queue, as in a line of something. As in abuse....If your going to try and pull someone up on their use of the English language, make sure you get it right yourself lol.
Haha!

Not only have you used the wrong cue/queue (like a 5 year old might), but you have the cheek to attempt to pull someone up for correcting you, predictably using the wrong your/you're in doing so.

What a THICKET.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Haha!

Not only have you used the wrong cue/queue (like a 5 year old might), but you have the cheek to attempt to pull someone up for correcting you, predictably using the wrong your/you're in doing so.

What a THICKET.

Kevtherev in talking rubbish and showing a complete lack of intelligence shocker.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was wrong in my use of English..As always i always put my hands up when im wrong. Unlike most.

Your hands must be getting tired.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was wrong in my use of English..As always i always put my hands up when im wrong. Unlike most.
But you didn't did you? You argued with [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION] after he put you right with the spelling of "cue".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here