Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Norwich?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Would be surprised if he went tbh,but wouldn't be heartbroken either.
Mr.Burns mentioned Hoskins being the replacement.Trouble is,how many games would he play and it wasn't long ago Poyet said Sparrow and Hoskins should look elsewhere to further their careers, didn't he?
Seem to recall Poyet also saying he was going to build the team round CMS,???

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can't believe that we would try to see out the season with Hoskins being the only recognised striker. If CMS leaves it's because we have a replacement lined up.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If it was true then I'd be very pissed off, CMS is starting to fit into our style and score.

Hmmm - not sure about that. CMS's game isnt suited to the way we play period. He isnt a hold up type of striker, plain and simple.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
He best not be sold without us getting a bloody good replacement in otherwise we can kiss our season goodbye.

Im still angry at noone being sold.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the only players we will sign in January are center halfs, and I know our main target is a center half, although who, I haven't a clue.

I note that Greer has an appearance related clause in his contract which will trigger a new deal. Are we looking for someone better to replace him ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm - not sure about that. CMS's game isnt suited to the way we play period. He isnt a hold up type of striker, plain and simple.
What more does he have to do.
He may well hit his goal total for all of last season v Bolton in NOVEMBER.
He's getting into countless positions to score.
His assist tally must be pretty strong.
We were pony without him, which is scary (and wrong)

LOL - Err i think would be.
But you're not wrong there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He best not be sold without us getting a bloody good replacement in otherwise we can kiss our season goodbye.

Im still angry at noone being sold.
Were you angry at the time or just since he's become the player Gus could never produce?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Some posters on here think CMS isn't good enough for the NPC yet Norwich think he's good enough for the EPL.
Someone's wrong then ???

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What more does he have to do.
He may well hit his goal total for all of last season v Bolton in NOVEMBER.
He's getting into countless positions to score.
His assist tally must be pretty strong.
We were pony without him, which is scary (and wrong)

But you're not wrong there.

I appreciate how loyal you are to CMS, and I must add I quite like him as a player. But surely you can see he lacks ability in certain areas of his game?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Both. You see SB I've always been a believer of CMS and have always said he'd come good on his 2nd season with us, the first was a settling in period.

Any defender in this division must have nightmares before our games. He's a pain in the arsenal. Pulls their defence all over the place and out of postion which allows us more freedom to advance. Without him then we'd struggle to penetrate their rear guard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Both. You see SB I've always been a believer of CMS and have always said he'd come good on his 2nd season with us, the first was a settling in period.

Any defender in this division must have nightmares before our games. He's a pain in the arsenal. Pulls their defence all over the place and out of postion which allows us more freedom to advance. Without him then we'd struggle to penetrate their rear guard.
Sorry BB I was referring to your anger at Noone's sale.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I appreciate how loyal you are to CMS, and I must add I quite like him as a player. But surely you can see he lacks ability in certain areas of his game?
Yeah definitely with that price tag comes a level of expectation.

I don't believe Gus did anything to help CMS last year.
He still falling into that 'must cram in more defensive midfielders' trap, even if their not, which is no use to CMS.

But CMS is obviously better as we are getting better.
The fact that for a few more weeks, at least, he's been our only creditable striker for 18 months, speaks volumes.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Unlike the old days, where everyone knew an insider, all transfer deals are kept private & confidential by the club now and so this rumour is just that - a rumour.

Agree with that.

How many people came on here and said Hammond Dobbie, Lopez or Orlandi were coming?

The club are much more professional these days.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

'Struggle to penetrate their rear guard'.
Surely not in Brighton according to many opposition fans!:lol:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Sorry BB I was referring to your anger at Noone's sale.

That's ok, still livid about his sale but glad he's got the freedom to play his natural game but just a shame wasn't allowed under Gus.

never mind, about time I moved on as dwelling on ifs and buts isn't going to resolve anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here