Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Norwich?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Oh please, I was merely saying I would rather he did not go. I was wondering if anyone else could back up what I consider to be "good info" about a deal having been struck. Your reading way too much into what each word says and twisting it.

what was it? "Don't care if you believe me or not"? just putting that theory to the test to see if that was true as well

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh please, I was merely saying I would rather he did not go. I was wondering if anyone else could back up what I consider to be "good info" about a deal having been struck. Your reading way too much into what each word says and twisting it.

Jack, the person you heard this from, have they given reliable info in the past about future deals etc?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Both deals with Norwich in the past have been done in the summer despite their interest in the January window. Why should the club sell a player in January this time?

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Precisely. If we can receive a fee in excess of what we paid then v good business for the club. Even if that money is not reinvested in Jan I think that's fine. With Hoskins, Barnes and Dobbie featuring regularly I don't see the team being weakened

Yep - agreed. He's not been a flop, but he hasn't been a raving success either. He'll always score goals and he'll always miss chances. After having him for a season and a half, if another team wants to pay us our initial outlay plus more, I'd snap their arm off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Both deals with Norwich in the past have been done in the summer despite their interest in the January window. Why would we sell in January this time?

Depends how you choose to look at it. You could equally have written:

"Both previous times Norwich have come in for one of our players, we've resisted the first time, then they've ultimately left in the next window"

January, in CMS' case IS 'the next window'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Depends how you choose to look at it. You could equally have written:

"Both previous times Norwich have come in for one of our players, we've resisted the first time, then they've ultimately left in the next window"

January, in CMS' case IS 'the next window'.

True enough.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I was up at the Falmer Gym this morning and I am sure that one of players was wearing a Norwich top whilst training. Gus was also pulling on a brand new QPR top. Sparrow was returning his Crawley and Scunthorpe shirts and Zamorra was fighting to keep his new Brighton shirt before heading back to London looking a bit miffed. Its lucky we have had this shirt amnesty and the players can pick a club! Anyway I said Hi to Mark Hughes who was watching the training from the bushes as he starts thinking about his next club. Drogba was pretending to be a member of the Uni Rugby team whilst looking hopefully at those that had been picked to play football instead.

Mr Blobby
Bring you the latest duff information

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How much did we turn down in the summer? I can't see it with the lack of striking options we have at the moment.

I heard Norwich offered £4m on deadline day. The deal collapsed because we didn't get who we was after, for whatever reason. Things maybe different in January and Cms has certainly been a different player this year to what he was last season....I hope he stays but then I suppose this would only happen if a better replacement was lined up....how bad is Zamora's injury???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A £3m offer and he'll be gone I reckon.
Eh? We turned down at least that in the summer, and since then he's done well for us (9 in 14 I think), so that would be incredible.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I understand the club are looking to sell him in January, don't know if its Norwich or not.

Will Hoskins is the replacement, and it makes sense really, as Gus is never going to adapt the style to suit CMS, and Hoskins fits in Gus' style fair better than CMS does.

Let just hope CMS keeps banging the goals in, so we get top dollar for him.

I think the only players we will sign in January are center halfs, and I know our main target is a center half, although who, I haven't a clue.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
3 mill plus benno and Zamora in on loan , merry bloody christmas.

Great, Zamora is apparently crocked for the season according to the Mail today. Bah bloody humbug more like :lol:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
We have been waiting for a big striker to back up CMS so would be very disappointed if in fact we lose him.
Although CMS is top man for the Championship i dont think he would make a big show in the Premiership.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I understand the club are looking to sell him in January, don't know if its Norwich or not.

Will Hoskins is the replacement, and it makes sense really
Given that we're short of goals, and that prior to this season Gus said he wanted us to strengthen up front, that makes no sense to me at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here