Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs sniffing around Dicker now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We 'lost' Forster because we wanted to lose Forster. Prior to Tony Bloom being the chairman, players were sold because we desperately needed the money. Any offer was snapped up.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I fear that we will lose Murray. But I'm not going to cristise the club, Poyet or Bloom for not having him signed up. There is obviosuly a reaon why they are doing what they are doing, and if they fail, then fine, have a go, but theres no need for snidey digs at this point, especially when you can't back it up, but you continue to argue your point.

I think Gus is playing a very risky game with Murray, and I'll be the first to say something if he fails. Maybe he's got better than Dicker in mind for next season, so why rush to offer him anything.

Maybe Murray is asking for silly money, and the club are rightly saying no. But someone like sam comes along, has a pop, probably becuase in his world on championship manger everyones signed up on long term contracts, and probably doesn't understand why the real club are not doing the same.[/QUOT

i dont play championship manager, anyone that thinks barnes is a poor player knows fuk all about football in my view

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well, I disagree with samtheseagull's negativity, but wasn't the nicky forster situation last season brought on by the club's refusal to sort out contracts (except el abd's)?
And if we don't restrain ourselves to the poyet/bloom era, I recall Dean Hammond claiming the clubs reluctance to sort out his contract as soon as he triggered a clause in his contract was part of the reason he decided to leave (though increasingly players leaving like to paint the club as the bad guy, and clubs like to paint the leaving player as the bad guy, so who knows)
THats completey wrong. Have you not once thought thart the reason Poyet never extended Forster deal was because he didn't want him here. Hammond didn't deceide to leave. He was f***ing about over contract talks, and Dick Knight sold him. Appartently Wilkins and Hammond wanted him to stay, but Knight just sold him

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I fear that we will lose Murray. But I'm not going to cristise the club, Poyet or Bloom for not having him signed up. There is obviosuly a reaon why they are doing what they are doing, and if they fail, then fine, have a go, but theres no need for snidey digs at this point, especially when you can't back it up, but you continue to argue your point.
I wasn't aware I was arguing anything? I agree, right now, its the right thing to do. Next season though (assuming we go up) I'll be on the other side of the fence.

I think Gus is playing a very risky game with Murray, and I'll be the first to say something if he fails. Maybe he's got better than Dicker in mind for next season, so why rush to offer him anything. Maybe Murray is asking for silly money, and the club are rightly saying no. But someone like sam comes along, has a pop, probably becuase in his world on championship manger everyones signed up on long term contracts, and probably doesn't understand why the real club are not doing the same.
I'm not sure he was necessarily having a pop, I think everyone got a bit carried away name-calling. We don't know what Gus' plans are, but I'd guess it'd be easier and cheaper to renew a contract that look for a new player, buy him, and then get him to adapt to our system. Even so, delaying right now is fantastic mind games - its not like a Spanish club is going to come in for Dicker, so realistically we have until May for him/Murray/Navarro/Bridcutt, etc etc, to play out of their skins and prove they're worthy of a new deal.

Sep 1, 2010
MrBurns.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
id rather have bridcutt to be honest

Time will tell. They've both done well this season / pre season mainly in Nav's case. Not meaning this in a nasty way but have you seen Nav play much? I can't work out if people just forget injured players and their class or what...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
you are talking shit now. "unlike yourself" i have never slaged a player off, and never will.
Well done. Good for you. But critising a player and slagging them off is obviosuly something you have a problem telling apart, a bit like the words would and could.

If I was to say I think samtheseagull is a prick, that would be slagging someone off.

If I said I dont think samtheseagulls view is a good one, thats critising you.

Because someone says something that isn't positive about someone, doesn't mean they are slagging them off. A bit like the would and could cock, you need to choose your words a bit more carefully boy.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Well done. Good for you. But critising a player and slagging them off is obviosuly something you have a problem telling apart, a bit like the words would and could.

If I was to say I think samtheseagull is a prick, that would be slagging someone off.

If I said I dont think samtheseagulls view is a good one, thats critising you.

Because someone says something that isn't positive about someone, doesn't mean they are slagging them off. A bit like the would and could cock, you need to choose your words a bit more carefully boy.

boring mate, bet your girlfriend loves spending time with you

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The refusal to sort out contracts led to Forster coming out publically trying to force the issues. This caused a rift between him and poyet/the club, and led to Forster being dropped and then shipped out to Charlton. We may have been planning on trying to keep him on for another year for his experience, or we may have let his contract expire and wish him well, I don't know. I've heard rumours of concerns over his knees, concerns that seem to be proven right given his early season at brentford.

But I'm fairly confident that the club would have preferred Forster to be a good team player, knuckle down like the other 12 out of contract players, give their all for the team until the end of the season. We certainly had some matches where his goal scoring ability was missed when we were still trying to get away from the relegation dog fight.

Maybe the club was looking to offload him, but the contract dispute led to us offloading him sooner than was ideal for our situation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Acker you seem to think that the reason Forster left was to do with his playing career. Several others on here will agree with me that it wasn't anything to do with how he played or his physical condition, that the club wanted to get rid of him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I wasn't aware I was arguing anything? I agree, right now, its the right thing to do. Next season though (assuming we go up) I'll be on the other side of the fence.

I'm not sure he was necessarily having a pop, I think everyone got a bit carried away name-calling. We don't know what Gus' plans are, but I'd guess it'd be easier and cheaper to renew a contract that look for a new player, buy him, and then get him to adapt to our system. Even so, delaying right now is fantastic mind games - its not like a Spanish club is going to come in for Dicker, so realistically we have until May for him/Murray/Navarro/Bridcutt, etc etc, to play out of their skins and prove they're worthy of a new deal.

Oh he was mate. Have a look at his other posts, all the same. One of those little bully boys who throws in his one line of crap here and there until someone decided to have a bit of fun with him, and you hook yourself a bigun.

Probably with Dicker, Poyet may think he as better options when everyones fit. He may see Dicker as a bit part player next season, and isn't bothered if he stays or goes. Who knows, but until we offer him something, and he turns it down to go elsewhere, I aint bothered.

Everything thinks if another club comes in for him, we've lost him. But if and I doubt that happens, we can still offer him something then.

The only one I worry about is Murray, because Murray strikes me as the kind of bloke that will just do whatever he wants to do, and it wouldn't surprise me if he signs for someone else next season, without anyone else being wise to it. He obviosuly a class act that can play higher, and of the thre he's the only one I worry about, because the other two mentioned are probably not going to get anything better than we will offer them, if we offer them anything, and if they don't get offered anything by us, whats the fuss about now!!

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
boring mate, bet your girlfriend loves spending time with you
And they you have it. If you pick him up on something and post more than a dozen words, you bore him. Sums him up really, the only thing I can say against me in this thread, is why I'm bothering with the little prick!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
And they you have it. If you pick him up on something and post more than a dozen words, you bore him. Sums him up really, the only thing I can say against me in this thread, is why I'm bothering with the little prick!

please all i ask if i ever meet you, please call me a prick to my face

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The refusal to sort out contracts led to Forster coming out publically trying to force the issues. This caused a rift between him and poyet/the club, and led to Forster being dropped and then shipped out to Charlton. We may have been planning on trying to keep him on for another year for his experience, or we may have let his contract expire and wish him well, I don't know. I've heard rumours of concerns over his knees, concerns that seem to be proven right given his early season at brentford.

But I'm fairly confident that the club would have preferred Forster to be a good team player, knuckle down like the other 12 out of contract players, give their all for the team until the end of the season. We certainly had some matches where his goal scoring ability was missed when we were still trying to get away from the relegation dog fight.

Maybe the club was looking to offload him, but the contract dispute led to us offloading him sooner than was ideal for our situation.
As discussed a million times before, the reason the club got rid of Forster, was he was a 'orrible little fucker, and he'd tried to f*** over a list of managers here before Poyet arrived. The second he tried it on with Poyet, who lets not forget was a fresh out of water new manager, Poyet completely turned it back on Forster and f***ed him completely over, whilst gaining the rescept of the squad who had seen Forster get away with it time and time again.

THe fact Forster went public tell you all you need to know. He was a snidey little shit, who tried to act the victim, but he done it once too many times, and got what he deserved. A big god like Poyet boot up the arse. I dont think the Forster situation is compareable to anything else really

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Dicker will sign for whoever is best for his career and his family,surly no argument there . IMO Dicker can pass the ball better than most at the club ,he works hard for the team ,however i am sure Poyet would want more goals from him ,maybe his pace lets him down ,although that i think will become more of an issue if we were promoted.If you research Championship squads ,the quality runs through ,the entire squad........and they cant all play ,maybe that's where i see Dicker if we were promoted . I feel the call will be Dickers !

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be very very sad to see the back of Dicker. It's a skill to whack a ball 60 yards accurately to feet, but it's another, perhaps more immense one, to delicately poke a ball 8 yards or so through the out-stretched legs of two opponents and leave them both grounded. To tempt, to tease, to gently outwit.
To me, Dicker is a natural footballer, and i honestly love to watch what he slyly gets up to. I have faith in his retention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here