Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs sniffing around Dicker now

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Acker you seem to think that the reason Forster left was to do with his playing career. Several others on here will agree with me that it wasn't anything to do with how he played or his physical condition, that the club wanted to get rid of him.

I'm under the impression that despite any difficulties he created he was in the club's plans for the rest of last season (since they didn't offload him during the window, and continued to use him in the team until the contract dispute), and that the contract dispute expedited his departure.

Feb 14, 2010
The player is paid to the end of the season. So after that the Albion will either offer him a new deal or they wont. He will either accept that deal or he wont. Fair enough all round and good luck to Dicker if he stays or goes at the end of the season. One good thing about this is that he will try hard to justify a contact with us or to be in the shop window. This has clearly worked a treat with Murray who is trying and is quality at the moment. Just a shame a certain Mr Forster (who amusingly is now a caretaker manager) didn't quite get that nobody owes a player a living and the duty that both player and club owes to each other starts and ends with what is written on the contract and obvious implied terms that the employee will try his best- that is how it should be and that is what "being professional" means

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I personally think all three will sign. The big difference is now unlike in the past, we don't need to worry about losing anyone, as the players probably need us more than we need them, unlike in the last few season where we needed anything we could get.

So we can take our time, as if any of them do move on, we've probably already got two or three replacements in the pipeline, that will be as good or better than those we lose (maybe Murray excluded)

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Sniff away bitches. I'm all for this sniffing and cloak and dagger subterfuge. There is a reason why the only people sniffing round our players in bygone years were homeless piss-soaked tramps. It's because they were shit.
Now we have a quality squad sometimes it seems that people think its a surprise that other clubs are interested. What refreshing change!

And anway - I hardly think Poyet is going to ring tony Bloom one February afternoon saying 'oh blimmeee - we forget the contracts - now we will lose everyone for nothing and it really will be complicaeeed!!!
I am resting easy that we have a man running the team who knows what he is doing and how to handle himself - see Forster, Calderon etc. And we have a chairman quite happy to say: Suck my fat one Delia - I bet more than that on how many times my phone rings in an hour. take your squitty little million, bog off back to Six-finger city and tell your board to lick my dog's arse....' no-one will go for peanuts, they have not forgotten contracts and they will ensure they pay the right money to the right people who want to be here.

Top Post!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As discussed a million times before, the reason the club got rid of Forster, was he was a 'orrible little fucker, and he'd tried to f*** over a list of managers here before Poyet arrived. The second he tried it on with Poyet, who lets not forget was a fresh out of water new manager, Poyet completely turned it back on Forster and f***ed him completely over, whilst gaining the rescept of the squad who had seen Forster get away with it time and time again.

THe fact Forster went public tell you all you need to know. He was a snidey little shit, who tried to act the victim, but he done it once too many times, and got what he deserved. A big god like Poyet boot up the arse. I dont think the Forster situation is compareable to anything else really

Apart from the fact the above is an unintelligible jumble of English it is factually incorrect as well. I presume then that the managers Forster tried to 'f*** over' were Wilkins, Adams and Slade.
Wilkins chased him for ages and made him captain after Hammond left. Adams confirmed him as captain in 2008. Slade was forever praising him as a model pro.
The Poyet bit has been debated to death on here but players are able to start talking with others 3 months before the end of their contract period.

'orrible little fucker' .................. silly.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Dicker, Bridcutt, Bennett would all get into a top 6 championship side.

Just look at Croft at Norwich who is the worst player of these 4.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Apart from the fact the above is an unintelligible jumble of English it is factually incorrect as well. I presume then that the managers Forster tried to 'f*** over' were Wilkins, Adams and Slade.
Wilkins chased him for ages and made him captain after Hammond left. Adams confirmed him as captain in 2008. Slade was forever praising him as a model pro.
The Poyet bit has been debated to death on here but players are able to start talking with others 3 months before the end of their contract period.

'orrible little fucker' .................. silly.
Yes, Nicky Forster was a wonderful human being.... bad bad Mr Poyet for not bending over for him.

And whilst you like to talk as if you know what you are talking about, which in the case of Forster you clearly don't, I think its worth pointing out players can talk to other clubs now if they so wish. It's 6 months not 3.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`m not discussing Poyet`s opinion on Forster but the other three preceding managers who all thought a great deal of him.
Poyet has remained consistent on contract talks since then so I have no problem with that. 6 months or 3 months, on when you can talk to other clubs makes not one iota of a difference to the argument or to the fact that you are talking out of your arse son.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Dicker is still very young and just because he could be more of a squad player next year compared to this, doesn't mean he won't be a great championship player in a couple of years. We should sign him up if possible of course, but just make sure he's not going to demand huge wages because he's been a first teamer in league1. We will assess the going rate for him in the summer and pay him it if we wish. If we don't feel he's worth that rather than pay him that money we'll pay someone who's a free agent that money who we think is good enough to deserve the wage. In Gus we trust!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
My favourite player at the club, really wouldn't want to see him go anywhere else...would have every confidence that he will be playing for us at the Amex though...quality bloke

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well, I disagree with samtheseagull's negativity, but wasn't the nicky forster situation last season brought on by the club's refusal to sort out contracts (except el abd's)?
And if we don't restrain ourselves to the poyet/bloom era, I recall Dean Hammond claiming the clubs reluctance to sort out his contract as soon as he triggered a clause in his contract was part of the reason he decided to leave (though increasingly players leaving like to paint the club as the bad guy, and clubs like to paint the leaving player as the bad guy, so who knows)

Indeed and we also bombed out George O Callahan as well from his loan spell.

That aside as far as Forster was concerned it was a time when we didnt even know what division we would be in (league one or two) and didnt he also want two years and we would only give one? Plus history shows that there was *possibly* a bit of a power struggle going on...

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think Dicker will re-sign, he fits in perfectly to the style of football and wouldn't be given the ball as much in a side that don't play such a passing game.

I'm a massive fan of Dicker but I do think he is far less effective in a 4-4-2 and is much more suited to playing in a three man central midfield. He's certainly improved the defensive side of his game this season but when he's made to search out the ball you lose some of that genius on the ball that he can give. If he was as effective in a 4-4-2 he would be playing at a very high level imo but obviously I'm happy to keep him here and let him carry on destroying league one with Bridcutt just behind him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I`m not discussing Poyet`s opinion on Forster but the other three preceding managers who all thought a great deal of him.
Poyet has remained consistent on contract talks since then so I have no problem with that. 6 months or 3 months, on when you can talk to other clubs makes not one iota of a difference to the argument or to the fact that you are talking out of your arse son.
Im sure Mr Poyet will be very glad you're happy that he now has remained consistent on contract talks..... Mr Forster. I'd say the the 3 or 6 month has a lot to do with the discussion, as it proves you're the one that is talking out of their arse.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Im sure Mr Poyet will be very glad you're happy that he now has remained consistent on contract talks..... Mr Forster. I'd say the the 3 or 6 month has a lot to do with the discussion, as it proves you're the one that is talking out of their arse.

I`ll give you all day tomorrow to put up all the info about Wilkins, Adams and Slade having problems with Forster and subsequently earning his title of 'orrible little shit''
All I ask is that you make an effort and put a few quotes up that are in the public domain from these men or otherwise it might look like you are just making it up as you go along.

Or do you have a source to protect :lol:

Anyway nighty night.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I`ll give you all day tomorrow to put up all the info about Wilkins, Adams and Slade having problems with Forster and subsequently earning his title of 'orrible little shit''
All I ask is that you make an effort and put a few quotes up that are in the public domain from these men or otherwise it might look like you are just making it up as you go along.

Or do you have a source to protect :lol:

Anyway nighty night.
Oh thanks for that. That's good of you!! Who the f*** are you?

I'm going spend all day posting quotes for you. Go do a search yourself you lazy twat, you'll find plenty of them.

And I make it up as I go along. This coming from someone that whos speaks from such a high platform as you, but doesn't even know a complete basic football fact, that a player can start sorting out a new contact six months before there old one ends,and not three months like you so incorrectly told us earlier. f***ing Jog On!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here