Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs sniffing around Dicker now

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Best midfielder at the club excluding Bennett. He's younger than I thought too. We must hold onto him next season.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Yep. So I assume that you have inside knowledge not known to any of the rest of us which makes you so sure nothing is happening. Or are you assuming (surely not, you seem so well informed) that because you know nothing, that nothing is happening? How old are you?

i didnt say i know anything about his deal, he might of just signed one today, all im saying is that i feel its better to get these contracts sorted sooner rather than later. is that ok with you? or do i have to agree with what your saying?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
El Abd next ?

Before the end of the season, we will also have these rumours about others, but it's hardly surprising given what we are doing to this division with no obvious 'star' player (think of how our success was supposedly down to KLL until he got injured)

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Why do people think that multi-billionaire (millionaire who knows) who has proved to be a shrewd investor, business-man and negotiator would get it that wrong. Perhaps some should think more that becuase its so glaringly obvious to us, the great unwashed, it probably has compelete focus and attention from the relevant people in the club.

I just wonder what the reaction would be if we thought we were going up, slapped 80% of the first team squad on 7k per week 5 year contracts and then had an epic fail.

Oh - Thats right - thats what happened in the f***ing 80@s and look at the legacy that left.

Jeez - if people rang some of the people up here at work and started saying: 'look, I kow I've never done your job before but I'm rather concnerned you've missed a couple of really important things out.....'

Imagine NSC people in hospital - wandering into surtgery and peering over the brain surgeons head and just tutting.....oh no no no - I've got my ladybird book of brain surgery here and i am very worried you've got that all wrong.

Its turning into NSC's version of .......'Now I do not believe you wanted to do that'.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
this is getting boring now, im saying that a agent can change a players mind about staying. hes got a few months left on his deal and must want hes future sorted asap.
You getting boring pal. So as someone asked after you're first well thought out post, who have we lost?

See post #2 and #5. Ever strike you that Poyet may not rate him enought to play in the championship. Ever strike you that they've agreed a deal. You love to jump to the defence of the players if someone says the slightest thing against them, but you don'[t seem to have much time for the management and board of the club.

So once again, who have we lost numb nuts?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Bags of talent on the ball and has looked very good at times this season, but quite simply the slowest professional midfield player I have ever seen and therefore probably not up to competing in the upper reaches of the championship. Decent league 1 player and could probably get by in lower championship, but if TB really wants success, I doubt Dicker is part of the long term plans.

oh dear.
dicker showed up very well at villa last year, and was superb at watford recently, he will SHINE in the championship next year (with us!)... why do you think championship clubs are sniffing around him

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
i didnt say i know anything about his deal, he might of just signed one today, all im saying is that i feel its better to get these contracts sorted sooner rather than later. is that ok with you? or do i have to agree with what your saying?

Yes you did. You said "once again we would lose a class player as we dont offer new deals quick enough". We don't offer new deals quickly enough. You couldn't have been more clear. And you could only know this if you know the details of every deal done. So, come on then - how come you know all this. Or perhaps you might have just made a foolish and glib (and iritating) comment and you haven't got the balls to admit that it was a bit silly. Didn't say you have to agree with me - but might be good if you agreed with yourself?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Yes you did. You said "once again we would lose a class player as we dont offer new deals quick enough". We don't offer new deals quickly enough. You couldn't have been more clear. And you could only know this if you know the details of every deal done. So, come on then - how come you know all this. Or perhaps you might have just made a foolish and glib (and iritating) comment and you haven't got the balls to admit that it was a bit silly. Didn't say you have to agree with me - but might be good if you agreed with yourself?

i mean dicker,bridcutt and murray. am i the only one worried that 3 very good players at our club are nearly out of contract?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i mean dicker,bridcutt and murray. am i the only one worried that 3 very good players at our club are nearly out of contract?

We 're all aware of that. There are about ELEVEN players out of contract as it goes.

We are also aware that we have a fantastic manager, and a wealthy chairman. If Gus and Tony want them here next year, they'll be here. If not, it will be because they had unrealistic demands that we were right not to pay, or because Gus has replaced them with someone even better.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
We 're all aware of that. There are about ELEVEN players out of contract as it goes.

We are also aware that we have a fantastic manager, and a wealthy chairman. If Gus and Tony want them here next year, they'll be here. If not, it will be because they had unrealistic demands that we were right not to pay, or because Gus has replaced them with someone even better.

i agree, but if they were to offer them new deals after there contract runs out there is more risk of them moving to a biger club. thats all im saying.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Bloom can turn down a £million-plus offer from Norwich for Bennett then he can sure as hell deflect any offers for Dicker.

Personally, I think given we're top and the stadium's almost built then any player leaving other than for a Top 14 Prem side / QPR is bonkers.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
for f*** sake **** face, ok i should of wrote "could" instead of "would". meaning we could lose murray, dicker and bridcutt?
Oh, so in your rush to have a dig at someone, you forgot what you was saying and based a whole argument on it. So I take it there is no one that we've lost then. Just another we COULD lose. Sort of changes the argument you've just been having over 4 pages with someone. Are you admitting then you are wrong?

Eagerly awaits another well thought line out samthedickhead post calling me his latest word he's learnt of the big boys.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think you need to understand what someone is saying to agree or disagree with them, and I think that's where you struggle me old china!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Oh, so in your rush to have a dig at someone, you forgot what you was saying and based a whole argument on it. So I take it there is no one that we've lost then. Just another we COULD lose. Sort of changes the argument you've just been having over 4 pages with someone. Are you admitting then you are wrong?

Eagerly awaits another well thought line out samthedickhead post calling me his latest word he's learnt of the big boys.

i didnt argue over 4 pages, im not going to write something i cant back up am i. i wrote one word wrong. so are you going to admit that you were wrong about barnes? samthedickhead is class you must do some stand up one day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here