Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs sniffing around Dicker now

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am I correct in thinking Hull were struggling financially at the start of this season? I wonder if they are big payers? I'm sure they have some huge legacy contracts though, that bloke with the curly hair and shot knees for one. Or did he move on or get put down?

Dinner Lady Bullard?

On loan to Ipswich for the rest of the season, in a deal 'saving Hull £300k'.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Most likely but you would think it's not in the clubs interest to leave it to the last minute now we actually have a few players likely to be attracting attention elsewhere. Maybe the uncertainty of which Division we will be in is an issue but surely this can be part of the contract they offer??

Why should the club rush into new contracts when nobody can buy the players for a few months anyway ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who is doing the contract negotiations when Tony is in Australia and Ken Brown doing presentations at the Amex?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Who is doing the contract negotiations when Tony is in Australia and Ken Brown doing presentations at the Amex?

Dick Knight but I reckon he has left his phone switched off while he is in Spain.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
once again we would lose a class player as we dont offer new deals quick enough.

I'm sure the management at Brighton could do with your insights. Why not phone them up and tell them what they are doing wrong. I'm sure they'll invite you in to put them straight and then maybe give you a free 1901 seat as a big thank you for saving the club from their obvious ineptitude.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I'm sure the management at Brighton could do with your insights. Why not phone them up and tell them what they are doing wrong. I'm sure they'll invite you in to put them straight and then maybe give you a free 1901 seat as a big thank you for saving the club from their obvious ineptitude.

great post, really funny, hurt my ribs in fact. all im saying is it is quite stupid to leave players like dicker, bridcutt and murray with there deals running out. Other clubs can have a word in there ear and could cost us players. hope they sign but can see it backfiring.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I used to think when clubs/players came out with "I havent heard anything yet" or "we are concentrating on getting this season finished" etc etc I thought BOLLOX.

Now we are having our best season in years and you know what? I reckon that they are right. Contract talks are/were a distraction so its absolutely right to leave it until the end of the season.

If Gus wanted to offer Dicker a 50 year contract then he could - witness last year how El Abd got a contract and Forster didnt. Gus obviously feels Dicker or others have to prove themselves. Lets not forget that Salde dropped Dicker at the beginning of last season for *ahem* refuelling problems.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I'm sure Gus and co know what they are doing, stop panicking and let them do their job. They have done alright so far wouldn't you say?

not saying they havnt. i love everything gus does but this is one point which does worry me. i would hate to lose a player like dicker, even worse for free

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If only he'd shoot now and again he'd be great.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
great post, really funny, hurt my ribs in fact. all im saying is it is quite stupid to leave players like dicker, bridcutt and murray with there deals running out. Other clubs can have a word in there ear and could cost us players. hope they sign but can see it backfiring.

Yep. So I assume that you have inside knowledge not known to any of the rest of us which makes you so sure nothing is happening. Or are you assuming (surely not, you seem so well informed) that because you know nothing, that nothing is happening? How old are you?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
You've got a short memory. They did that with a player only last month with 3 1/2 years to go on his contract.

What's your point?

this is getting boring now, im saying that a agent can change a players mind about staying. hes got a few months left on his deal and must want hes future sorted asap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here