Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How would people feel if Barcelona had won the Champions League, and it was them we were playing? Would everyone be having a hissy fit about moving seats then?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
How would people feel if Barcelona had won the Champions League, and it was them we were playing? Would everyone be having a hissy fit about moving seats then?

Possibly not, but then there would be prospect of seeing something genuinely exciting and interesting. Neither of those two adjectives could be applied to Chelsea, who are tedious beyond belief. Still I hope everyone goes has a good day and thoroughly enjoys it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Possibly not, but then there would be prospect of seeing something genuinely exciting and interesting. .

I would argue that World class Cech, world class Ashley Cole, World Class Juan Mata, World class Eden Hazard, world class (in terms of season in-season out record) Frank Lampard, and the Euro top scorer Torres is quite exciting....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would argue that World class Cech, world class Ashley Cole, World Class Juan Mata, World class Eden Hazard, world class (in terms of season in-season out record) Frank Lampard, and the Euro top scorer Torres is quite exciting....

But we see those players every week on MoTD, it's a yawnfest for me I'm afraid. If it were a cup-game and those players were involved then yes I would be interested, but it's a friendly. The main point of interest for both teams is making sure no-one picks up any injuries. I simply cannot get excited about an exhibition game.

Obviously we disagree on this point, but that's why you are going to the game and I am home waiting for a sofa to be delivered. Enjoy the game.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Possibly not, but then there would be prospect of seeing something genuinely exciting and interesting. Neither of those two adjectives could be applied to Chelsea, who are tedious beyond belief. Still I hope everyone goes has a good day and thoroughly enjoys it.

I think to call the European Champions 'tedious beyond belief' when you support a mid table Championship club, is a bit ridiculous really. Yeah, they won the Champions League with some backs to the wall performances, but they would f***ing tear us apart in a competetive game, look what Liverpool did to us at Anfield.

All this Chelsea bashing just makes us look bitter, in my opinion.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think to call the European Champions 'tedious beyond belief' when you support a mid table Championship club, is a bit ridiculous really. Yeah, they won the Champions League with some backs to the wall performances, but they would f***ing tear us apart in a competetive game, look what Liverpool did to us at Anfield.

All this Chelsea bashing just makes us look bitter, in my opinion.

But they are tedious. Despite the 'heroic' defending against barca and bayern it really was the woeful finishing of their opponents that enabled them to win the trophy. Who (other than a supporter of the team itself) wants to watch that sort of football get rewarded with success? Not me for one.

I do not see how not going 'wow' at the mere mention of the word Chelsea makes us look bitter at all.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do actually have a ticket for the Chelsea game, and not for the Reading one.

Am genuinely giving thought to doing a swap, as this match isn't about us, it's turned into some hideous Chelsea love-in.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Who else would you rather see in a pre season rather than the current European champions.

Plenty of clubs tbh.

That said, I'm going but I'm going to see The Albion, The Amex and our new signings, so it would make no odds if the opposition was Chelsea or the Accrington Stanley 4th XI.

Chelsea can ram their trophy flaunting up their arses so far as I'm concerned.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Plenty of clubs tbh.

That said, I'm going but I'm going to see The Albion, The Amex and our new signings, so it would make no odds if the opposition was Chelsea or the Accrington Stanley 4th XI.

Chelsea can ram their trophy flaunting up their arses so far as I'm concerned.

This is my view pretty much exactly. I'm going to see The Albion, and have a day out (hopefully) in some sort of sunshine with the boy.. That's it. Chelsea can do one with their trophy, I'll be having another pie while that's being paraded around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here