Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just about the trophy point. They paraded it in front of their fans when they won it at the time. They then had an open top bus tour for their fans and if they really want to they can do it at their first home game of the new season. Quite why they have to do it at a friendly away from home I don't understand.

It's all part of the 'friendly' experience I'd imagine. Why wouldn't they show off? Again I emphasise that I really do not like Chelsea but they deserve respect for winning the top club competition in the world. If I were them I'd be showing off the trophy at every opportunity. Brighton fans should be enjoying the moment. Some of them should remember our visit to Southampton for the friendly and took our League 2 trophy to 'flaunt'. That trophy was also paraded in front of us home fans It's the European Cup FFS. It will be the only time well see it at The Amex.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The point i was making is that if i really want to see Chelsea i could nip on a train to London and watch them, they don't excite me. Id rather go and see Hertha Berlin at the Amex, just feels alittle more unique.
Im at the Olympic Park on Saturday, so i can leave the Chelsea lovin to everyone else, as lets face it half of that 18k will be made up of Chelsea fans...

Yes, you and about 50 other Brighton fans, plus the 50 they bring. Wowza!

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
No it hasn't.

The CURRENT European Champions are going to parade their trophy at their first game in England. I'm not going but I think it's fantastic for The Albion to be able to attract such prestigious opposition (point of order here-I really, really loathe Chelsea) and many people will enjoy seeing Europe's most sought after trophy. As supporters, many use a trophy won in 1910 as our record of success-that is much more tinpot than inviting Chelsea to The Amex for a friendly and selling out all available seats.

Why can't you miserabilists just enjoy the day and enjoy the fact that we have a stadium that top clubs will happily visit for friendlies (until we are playing them regularly at some point in time)?

It's already been said by others but it is a great opportunity for Chelsea's fringe players to see Brighton's set up at The Amex. Given a choice to go out on loan to us or many other clubs in our division I think our stadium will influence their decision. That and a fantastic coaching set up.

Quite agree Bwian. I think it's fantastic that the European Champions are playing their first match in the UK at The Amex after winning the trophy . We should be honoured, it's a great accolade to how far we have progressed and achieved as a club. Couldn't imagine them coming to Withdean !!!
It should be a great occasion and I'm looking forward to seeing them play and to seeing The European Cup. Good on them for coming to us. I also agree that it could be a great opportunity to impress potential " loan players"
The game may well induce a Loan signing from someone really good who rarely gets a start at Chelsea. I really cant understand why supporters moan about it.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Quite agree Bwian. I think it's fantastic that the European Champions are playing their first match in the UK at The Amex after winning the trophy . We should be honoured, it's a great accolade to how far we have progressed and achieved as a club. Couldn't imagine them coming to Withdean !!!
It should be a great occasion and I'm looking forward to seeing them play and to seeing The European Cup. Good on them for coming to us. I also agree that it could be a great opportunity to impress potential " loan players"
The game may well induce a Loan signing from someone really good who rarely gets a start at Chelsea. I really cant understand why supporters moan about it.

Very good point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here