Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
Only 5 tickets left now so it will sell out shortly. Having moaned myself I've given in and will be going. I missed the Amex to much!

Anyone know if they are showing the game on Chelsea tv or not?

Just three tickets left now...!!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I had hoped that once we got the new stadium we would have some european clubs visit for pre-season, as they just fill alittle more special as you don't really get a chance to see them clubs play. So with 3 Premiership teams visiting (1 in Reading that we only played afew months ago) i can understand why people feel its abit dull.

I would much rather have a second divison Spanish, Italian or German team visit ahead of another English side.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What's the deal with tickets. Bought mine ages ago but still have not received anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I'll definitely ........................Please note no touting allowed on NSC (all posts edited / removed) Please also note all ticket requests MUST be done via the ticket sections.

BHseagull this is not aimed at you just responding to Sarah :thumbsup: (hitony)

1 MILLION DOLLARS mwahahaha

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I had hoped that once we got the new stadium we would have some european clubs visit for pre-season, as they just fill alittle more special as you don't really get a chance to see them clubs play. So with 3 Premiership teams visiting (1 in Reading that we only played afew months ago) i can understand why people feel its abit dull.

I would much rather have a second divison Spanish, Italian or German team visit ahead of another English side.

We are entertaining the reigning champions of Europe. Out of interest, which clubs from the second tier of Spain, Italy or Germany do you think would sell out 18k of tickets? Glad you're not responsible for the pre season itinerary!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
We are entertaining the reigning champions of Europe. Out of interest, which clubs from the second tier of Spain, Italy or Germany do you think would sell out 18k of tickets? Glad you're not responsible for the pre season itinerary!

The point i was making is that if i really want to see Chelsea i could nip on a train to London and watch them, they don't excite me. Id rather go and see Hertha Berlin at the Amex, just feels alittle more unique.
Im at the Olympic Park on Saturday, so i can leave the Chelsea lovin to everyone else, as lets face it half of that 18k will be made up of Chelsea fans...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I do actually have a ticket for the Chelsea game, and not for the Reading one.

Am genuinely giving thought to doing a swap, as this match isn't about us, it's turned into some hideous Chelsea love-in.

No it hasn't.

The CURRENT European Champions are going to parade their trophy at their first game in England. I'm not going but I think it's fantastic for The Albion to be able to attract such prestigious opposition (point of order here-I really, really loathe Chelsea) and many people will enjoy seeing Europe's most sought after trophy. As supporters, many use a trophy won in 1910 as our record of success-that is much more tinpot than inviting Chelsea to The Amex for a friendly and selling out all available seats.

Why can't you miserabilists just enjoy the day and enjoy the fact that we have a stadium that top clubs will happily visit for friendlies (until we are playing them regularly at some point in time)?

It's already been said by others but it is a great opportunity for Chelsea's fringe players to see Brighton's set up at The Amex. Given a choice to go out on loan to us or many other clubs in our division I think our stadium will influence their decision. That and a fantastic coaching set up.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
No it hasn't.

The CURRENT European Champions are going to parade their trophy at their first game in England. I'm not going but I think it's fantastic for The Albion to be able to attract such prestigious opposition (point of order here-I really, really loathe Chelsea) and many people will enjoy seeing Europe's most sought after trophy. As supporters, many use a trophy won in 1910 as our record of success-that is much more tinpot than inviting Chelsea to The Amex for a friendly and selling out all available seats.

Why can't you miserabilists just enjoy the day and enjoy the fact that we have a stadium that top clubs will happily visit for friendlies (until we are playing them regularly at some point in time)?

It's already been said by others but it is a great opportunity for Chelsea's fringe players to see Brighton's set up at The Amex. Given a choice to go out on loan to us or many other clubs in our division I think our stadium will influence their decision. That and a fantastic coaching set up.

Just about the trophy point. They paraded it in front of their fans when they won it at the time. They then had an open top bus tour for their fans and if they really want to they can do it at their first home game of the new season. Quite why they have to do it at a friendly away from home I don't understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here