Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Doesnt look good that the club had 14,000 tickets for home fans, with 21,000ish STHs - yet it has had to go to general sale as so many arent going for 1 reason or another.

Id go if it was a foreign club - as there isnt a chance they would visit the Amex again for a while (unless we get into Europe basically). We could get to the 3rd round of the Carling or FA Cup and draw them at home - and as im in the North it would be CHEAPER to see it as a competitive game !! That and ive been required to work on the day of the game.....coincidentally crowd control for the match at Brighton - gets me time off for Reading though.

MJNEastStand

Jul 17, 2012
Top entertainment all round, not only will Chelsea parade the European cup before the game, but with the same PR advice to draw a line under all the ' issues ' John Terry will be performing a version of ' No woman, No Cry ' at half time backed by a steel band while Ashley Cole hands out Rastafarian hats to the crowd.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
They're having a similar friendly/trophy parade here in Seattle tonight, except tickets go from £55 to £100... so it could be worse!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. an added bonus is that a lot of our new fans can take their seats in the upper west and wear their Chelsea shirts without fear of being evicted.

:fishing:

Seriously though, a pre-season priced at that level made my mind up very very quickly added to the fact I've haven't even been given the opportunity to take my season ticket seat.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good point i would have preferred citeh or a continental side. The fact we now have the amex and got both liverpool and newcastle not to mention sunderland at the amex means that we will be playing chelsea in a competitive game in the near future.

Being in the fa cup third round helps for a start.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I do actually have a ticket for the Chelsea game, and not for the Reading one.

Am genuinely giving thought to doing a swap, as this match isn't about us, it's turned into some hideous Chelsea love-in.

Why do you have a chelsea tix then?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
But REALLY. I mean REALLY. If we lined up a friendly with EXETER you would be MORE interested than CHELSEA.

Honestly, I won't judge you if you admit you made a silly statement. Go on.

Judge me all you like. I mean what I say. Sorry if you don't agree.

and they would all bring 4000 away fans with them to create a bit of an atmosphere at a pre season game would they......
They might do.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Although it may be 'turning into a chelsea love in' or whatever what means we can't just be ourselves there is nothing to say we have to be nice to them. Boo chant and have the usual banter.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Doesnt look good that the club had 14,000 tickets for home fans, with 21,000ish STHs - yet it has had to go to general sale as so many arent going for 1 reason or another.

Id go if it was a foreign club - as there isnt a chance they would visit the Amex again for a while (unless we get into Europe basically). We could get to the 3rd round of the Carling or FA Cup and draw them at home - and as im in the North it would be CHEAPER to see it as a competitive game !! That and ive been required to work on the day of the game.....coincidentally crowd control for the match at Brighton - gets me time off for Reading though.

2 WHOLE Pounds

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
This shows how far our club has come and fans that we no longer getting excited about a friendly and actually avoiding going, im not going to the chelsea game as too expensive as got season ticket and decided to goto Kuipers testimonal instead.
I think our fans show here that we prefer to watch Barnsley in the league than a pointless friendly vs Chelsea, yeah be a good test and defo a good game to have organised but im proud that tickets havent gone so quick just to see the chelsea players.
We could well be playing them in the league in a year or 2's time which will be a lot more fun.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Im not going on some kind of oddball principle ive made up in my head and im sticking to it , but in the cold light of day it really is a massive coup by the club to secure such a fixture against the champions of europe , i know this much, if we were up against the team that were runners up to Chelsea you would'nt hear a single moan so its a bit mental having a pop at the club and the pricing .

Hopefully Micky Kippers will get a good turn out for his well deserved testimonial and all will be good with the world again .

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Well I shall go and I will applaud the ECL winners when they parade the cup. I will however be there to support my team. Those that are moaning are a bit daft if you ask me. Because they have the choice as to whether or not they go. The main reason for me going, is to watch our new lads. So even though I agree that it is expensive, I justify the price by telling myself that at least some of it, is going towards the expansion.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Really don't understand what people are moaning about. It's the European Champions for fucks sake ! Get yourselves a ticket and stop moaning !

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Only 5 tickets left now so it will sell out shortly. Having moaned myself I've given in and will be going. I missed the Amex to much!

Anyone know if they are showing the game on Chelsea tv or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here