Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They have already flaunted it. They had an open top bus parade. They have home games coming up, why can't they do it there?

The idea of watching that twat Terry striding around the Amex with the trophy holds no appeal whatsoever. Pleased they won it, but I honestly couldn't care less about seeing it.

Everyone should just ignore them & stay in the bars until they've finished. Makes us look Mickey Mouse. We're not some crappy non league club, FFS.

It IS there first fixture in England since the win. Not exactly happy about it either but you can see why.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm really looking forward to them parading the trophy. So I can greet the moment with utter indifference. Might even be a good time to turn my back on the pitch and have a good natter with the person behind me.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Couldn't give a toss about the Chelsea game tbh.

1. Rarely bother with pre-season friendlies anyway
2. It's too expensive
3. I can't sit where I usually sit
4. I don't particularly like Chelsea

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They have already flaunted it. They had an open top bus parade. They have home games coming up, why can't they do it there?

The idea of watching that twat Terry striding around the Amex with the trophy holds no appeal whatsoever. Pleased they won it, but I honestly couldn't care less about seeing it.

Everyone should just ignore them & stay in the bars until they've finished. Makes us look Mickey Mouse. We're not some crappy non league club, FFS.

Apart from the pleased they won it bit of that post, absolutely spot on. My decision to not go to this game has just become even more justified.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Maybe they could also parade Roman Ambramovich around the Amex.

He could be like Harry Enfield "Loads of Money", "Bought this cup and these players cos I am well loaded" "Loads of money"

That should make it OK.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Getting really annoyed with this now. Firstly the whole thing just looks like a marketing exercise for Chelsea... surely the club know that most Albion fans aren't going to want to pay £30 for a friendly, as we've all just purchased or renewed our season tickets? And now this trophy presentation - are we handing over the club shop to them as well? Why are we helping them recruit fans in Sussex?

And secondly - whoever thought playing Chelsea on a Saturday in the middle of August in Brighton, and then giving them a whopping 4,000 + allocation, was a good idea is somebody either extremely stupid or new to the area.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's stuff like this that will end up with 30 page 'Brighton are tinpot plastics' thread on the BBS.

On this one I agree wth them.

Embarrassing.

Surely just the exact opposite is actually the case. In my view, if this place been crawling with people creaming themselves over the thought of playing Chelsea and tickets had sold out in hours, that would make us look more like a bunch of tinpot plastics?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Has anyone considered that, in exchange for our hospitality, we are being given the opportunity to view, and showcase ourselves to, young Chelsea talent, with a view to a possible loan or two?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Really, really glad I'm not going to this.

I couldn't stand Chelsea anyway, even before their Russian money arrived (Who else was at the Goldstone when they last came to town?)

£30 for a friendly, moved from our seats, with 4000 Chelsea and knobhead Terry parading the CL around.

No thanks, I'll save my money for FDM

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Couldn't give a toss about the Chelsea game tbh.

1. Rarely bother with pre-season friendlies anyway
2. It's too expensive
3. I can't sit where I usually sit
4. I don't particularly like Chelsea

This with knobs on.......

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Has anyone considered that, in exchange for our hospitality, we are being given the opportunity to view, and showcase ourselves to, young Chelsea talent, with a view to a possible loan or two?

Well put and I'm looking forward to seeing my first premiership side at Brighton as I missed all the big games last year because they were midweek or late on Saturdays and travelling from down west is a pain on the trains
So I will applaud them as an English team winning the hardest cup competition in Europe .

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Getting really annoyed with this now. Firstly the whole thing just looks like a marketing exercise for Chelsea... surely the club know that most Albion fans aren't going to want to pay £30 for a friendly, as we've all just purchased or renewed our season tickets? And now this trophy presentation - are we handing over the club shop to them as well? Why are we helping them recruit fans in Sussex?

And secondly - whoever thought playing Chelsea on a Saturday in the middle of August in Brighton, and then giving them a whopping 4,000 + allocation, was a good idea is somebody either extremely stupid or new to the area.

Since Brighton look like they're struggling to sell their allocation to the 'hard-core' fans, giving Chelsea 4,000 seats seems to have been a smart move...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Since Brighton look like they're struggling to sell their allocation to the 'hard-core' fans, giving Chelsea 4,000 seats seems to have been a smart move...

Nothing 'hard core' about going to see an over-priced friendly against Chelsea I'm afraid. The 'hard core' will rightly stay away.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Nothing 'hard core' about going to see an over-priced friendly against Chelsea I'm afraid. The 'hard core' will rightly stay away.

Sorry, I think you miss my point. I'm not suggesting those fans that go to this game are the hard-core fans.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

my point was... who will benefit from this game? it seemed to be more for chelsea's benefit than our's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here