Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappello resigns (merged)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If harry gets it i cannot see gus even being in short list for the spurs job. This is a club who have champions league ambitions and do not need to take a chance on an unproven manager

More likely to be someone like klinsmann

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Poyet isnt likly for consideration at Spurs at this point. They will need a fairly big name to keep and attract decent players and need an experienced manager for Europe and maintain their current status in the EPL. it will be a safe appointment, Ancelloti, Hiddink grade, or outside chance for Moyes, not a gamble on a promising manager from the Championship.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
But the rumour mill is saying that Real Madrid want him out. And he's been on record as saying he wants to come back to England. Not really a long shot

So cut out Redknapp entirely and give Jose the England job. :thumbsup:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
As I said on another thread earlier today, Redknapp is a players manager, he will get the players sweating blood for this country. Get him signed up ASAP!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Let's hope he spills the beans big time about the FA, drop them right in it, get the lot of them to resign too, that would be a dream i know, but we can but hope.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Pearce will replace Capello and the England yawnathon will continue lumbering along.

Correct. Pearce has been around the players get him to take them to the Euros. Then let all the Old Guard have there swansong as well then bring in the youth and appoint a top top boss IE Mouriniho, Hiddink, and for the WE NEED BRITISH BRIGADE Redknapp or O Neill

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
No, they didn't. He became England manager with the FA having ultimate authority to withdraw the captaincy from a player if they deemed fit. He didn't press for that to change as a condition of becoming manager. It's his own stupid fault. He agreed to the rules of how things were done and now he's complaining when others are playing by those rules.

Disagree..How can it be 'his own stupid fault' ?

He resigned over the principal that he should be left choose who should be his captain...he's done nothing wrong for it to be his fault

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
But the rumour mill is saying that Real Madrid want him out. And he's been on record as saying he wants to come back to England. Not really a long shot

No, it is a massive long shot. Real Madrid are top of La Liga and have to be one of the favourites for the Champions League. Spurs are third and have the FA Cup to fight for. No chance in hell would Mourinho take a step down like that!

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Im not a Capello fan but if he picks Terry to be his skipper then he should and needs to have total control of the team.

I think most people would agree that Terry should no longer be England captain (dont they?) so if Capello still wants him in the role it shows how out of touch he is with the morality feelings of the country that he is representing. For the sake of doing the right thing the FA had to step in and remove Terry form the equation. At the end of the day Capello works for The FA and any decent employer would step in to correct a poor decision if they saw one being made. In my book that is all The FA have done here.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
The whole situation is a joke, on many levels. But it's happened. I like Fabio, but this was too much for him.

Not that I am a massive Redknapp fan, but he is the type of manager players love, and dare I say, has the character the galvanize all types of player, from quiet, young and retiring to those more arrogant, egotistical players.

Quietly optimistic.

The one problem is that he can't buy anyone he likes the look of.

Oct 25, 2003
I'd quite like Roy Hodgson be given a go if Harry doesn't want the job. Much as I dont like him I actually think Harry could do well for England. Doesn't need to be great technically but needs to be a good man motivator which is one of the things I think he is good at.

i like hodgson but his track record is a bit 'hit and miss' ESPECIALLY when he's been in charge of so-called 'big' clubs....most of his success has been at places where he's had quite low expectations........HOWEVER he does have one thing on his CV that no-one else linked to the job has.....experience outside of england and international experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here