Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappello resigns (merged)

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Errrr ..... if my boss tells me to do something then I tend to do it. The FA ( his boss ) told him to strip Terry of the captains armband ( correctly so ) so he can't have any argument with it. If he does ( and clearly he did ) then he should resign. Thankfully he did and now we can get a decent manager ....... hopefully.

Football Management is not the same as your job. If Tony Bloom said to gus I want you to stop playing Lewis Dunk because there is a Police investigation and Gus said No. Then if Tony blocked dunk from playing Gus would have every right to walk away.

Capellos position as manager was ripped apart by a meddling board.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Football Management is not the same as your job. If Tony Bloom said to gus I want you to stop playing Lewis Dunk because there is a Police investigation and Gus said No. Then if Tony blocked dunk from playing Gus would have every right to walk away.

Capellos position as manager was ripped apart by a meddling board.

No, it all depends on what roles and responsibilities are agreed when a manager is appointed. If it is written into the contract that Gus has ultimate say in the team's selection and in the role of appointing and dismissing a captain, then Bloom would be transgressing to order Dunk to be dropped.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Cappello

Good news for England, but bad news for Brighton I fear !
Favourite for the England job will be Rednapp and favourite for the Spurs job will be POYET !!
It'll take a lot to lure Gus away, but if anyone can it is Spurs. I fear the worst !!

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
would love o'niel to take temporary charge during the euros, look what hes done to an average sunderland side,look what he could do to an average english side

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Time for the clear out of all the over-rated dross in the England team, and replace with.................. more over-rated dross.

Cappello's exit was probably inevitable when the trust between him and his bosses (the FA) broke down. Presumably he didn't trust the FA to support his judgement, but the FA couldn't trust his judgement any longer in the first place.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Favourite for the England job will be Rednapp and favourite for the Spurs job will be POYET !!
It'll take a lot to lure Gus away, but if anyone can it is Spurs. I fear the worst !!

Some people on here are deluded!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

If Spurs came knocking he would be gone in a flash. Plenty of compensation would sweeten the blow! HOWEVER, why would they want him? What has he achieved so far? Nothing that would register on their selection criteria.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Anyone else actually looking forward to the Euros now !

I know i am all of a sudden

All this talk of Poyet to Spurs....absolutely no chance. Way to early for him still.

Redknapp will stay with Spurs until the end of the season, then they will go for a big European manager.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
would love o'niel to take temporary charge during the euros, look what hes done to an average sunderland side,look what he could do to an average english side

I would go for O'Neill every time too because he gets the best out of players and seems to do well without spending buckets of cash however...

- he's only just got his dream job
- he's already interviewed unsuccessfully to manage England
- he's Irish and this shit goes in cycles. An Englishman will get it this time

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If spurs make CL then 'arry will stay there and leverage some good spending money from the owners to stay by threatening to take over England after the tournament.

Pearce will take the team this summer and hopefully pick all the young players he knows from the U21s and drop the old guard.

Beckham to replace him as manager of the GB squad :facepalm: so he doesn't play

If Pearce does well gets job full time, if not send him back to U21s without loosing anything and find another foreigner.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Terry is found not guilty, will Bernstein resign ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Presumably Capello will sue the FA for constructive dismissal

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bernstein did not say he is guilty. He just lost the captaincy. He has nothing to resign over.

But why did they remove his captaincy, but still make him available for selection ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here