Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappello resigns (merged)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The FA made his position untennable by saying who he can and can't have as skipper...usual f*** up by the powers that be and fair play to him for standing by his guns

No, they didn't. He became England manager with the FA having ultimate authority to withdraw the captaincy from a player if they deemed fit. He didn't press for that to change as a condition of becoming manager. It's his own stupid fault. He agreed to the rules of how things were done and now he's complaining when others are playing by those rules.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Gus off to spurs do make me laugh,what are some of you on?spurs are nearly a top 4 side so they will want an experienced manager for christ sakes.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Don't want redknapp, tactically not good enough. Mourinho looks a good option at the moment.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I'd quite like Roy Hodgson be given a go if Harry doesn't want the job. Much as I dont like him I actually think Harry could do well for England. Doesn't need to be great technically but needs to be a good man motivator which is one of the things I think he is good at.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
No, they didn't. He became England manager with the FA having ultimate authority to withdraw the captaincy from a player if they deemed fit. He didn't press for that to change as a condition of becoming manager. It's his own stupid fault. He agreed to the rules of how things were done and now he's complaining when others are playing by those rules.

Could you see a Prem manager like Dalgliesh or Fergie or Wenger being dictated to by there respective boards?? Not on your life. Capello has come out of this with a degree of being a decent manager.

Im not a Capello fan but if he picks Terry to be his skipper then he should and needs to have total control of the team.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
why are people saying that spurs would go for mourinho?!

you do know that he's currently REAL MADRID manager yeah?

But the rumour mill is saying that Real Madrid want him out. And he's been on record as saying he wants to come back to England. Not really a long shot

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
why are people saying that spurs would go for mourinho?!

you do know that he's currently REAL MADRID manager yeah?

Don't think he's that happy at REAL MADRID, got booed off by his own supporters after playing Barca. Not playing the football they like to see.

Heard somewhere not long ago a funny little rumour that a straight manger swap Mourinho for Arsène Wenger was on the cards, haha

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
You have to look at Pearce for the Euros. Then get Redknapp or Mouriniho in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here