Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion Vs. Milton Keynes Dons ****Official Thread****

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
So you think 5 reds in 9 games has nothing what so ever to do with the manager, who picks the team and gives the team talk before the game and all the preparation, the days leading up to the match.Interesting, if the players are not listening to the manager then we had better get one they will listen to!

So YOU think that the manager is sending them out to make sure we get one player sent off in a match? Because that makes sense? According to people at the match, it wasn't a sending off. Would you have preferred El-Abd to have stood off him and let him run down the wing?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Murray not Hart as we need goals not scurrying around

We're down to ten men. We need ten players who will work hard and scurry around to compensate for the lack of the 11th man, not someone whose languid style at the peak of his fitness is going to exacerbate the deficit, let alone his languid style as he comes back to full match fitness. (This isn't meant as a criticism of Murray's or his style, I just don't think it is wise to use in this situation)

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
So YOU think that the manager is sending them out to make sure we get one player sent off in a match? Because that makes sense? According to people at the match, it wasn't a sending off. Would you have preferred El-Abd to have stood off him and let him run down the wing?

My brother is there and said it was a stupid challenge from El-Abd and was defo a sending off.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We're down to ten men. We need ten players who will work hard and scurry around to compensate for the lack of the 11th man, not someone whose languid style at the peak of his fitness is going to exacerbate the deficit, let alone his languid style as he comes back to full match fitness. (This isn't meant as a criticism of Murray's or his style, I just don't think it is wise to use in this situation)

If it was 0-0 I'd agree with you but it isnt so I dont... hey-ho we were both wrong anyway

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
...who scores at a rate of a goal in every two games, as opposed to a goal every two years. We're losing, we need a goal.

Back to form Acker.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Thats funny, i could have sworn John Byrne said he thought it was a straight red.And i would have preffered El-Abd to have made a clean tackle actualy and won the ball, not make a reckless tackle 26mins into a game we are on top of and leave his team mates in the shit for the remaining three quarters of the match.Not to mention the most important people he has let down, that would be us...THE FANS.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

me too... eleven men and 1-0 down is better than 10 men after 30 mins.

Xen... where are you in A, if you're allowed to tell

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Yes! As we would still have 11 players then.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
EVERY report i've read/heard has said it WAS a red card.
It is not Slade's fault. It's El-Abds.

I blame Wilkins he coached them well Virgs,ElBad and Elphick anyway...................waits for mass criticism

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Kaboool, I'm not in the military

You must have the wrong treadmill and donkey then.... a mate of mine was downloading at 300kps from Kabul last week. Then again we ARE talking about Seagulls Player so it may not be the asses fault..... I mean the donkey

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
...who scores at a rate of a goal in every two games, as opposed to a goal every two years. We're losing, we need a goal.

Back to form Acker.

No, he doesn't. Scoring at a rate of one goal every two games would require a goal every other game.

Over his albion career he has averaged a goal every two games. This is not the same thing. For instance, last season he scored a hat-trick in one game followed by two in the next. He then went 8 games without scoring. Averages a goal every other game for that period.

This season he's had two first team appearances, no goals, no assists.

Gary hart set up at least one goal this season.

If we go all out attack, I'd be ok with hart and murray joining in, but it sounds like most of this second half we've been holding back to avoid being routed on the counter attack. Maybe as we enter late in the game...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dicko close to getting an equaliser.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Would you have preferred El-Abd to have stood off him and let him run down the wing?

It's already been said but Yes, then we'd have been in with a good shout in this game by playing 90 minutes with the 11 men other teams seem to manage.

Listening to the game I'm convinced we would be on at least a point today were it not for some crass stupidity from yet another Albion player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here