Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balotelli is an utter SCUMBAG

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I actually like him, but today he was scum, and should be banned, just to let him know that it's unacceptable.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fifa actually encourage football associations to take action on video evidence and this stuff about not doing so if a ref has seen the incident is purely an FA invention.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Prior to today I've enjoyed the "cult status" that has built up around this guy, as some of his antics have been genuinely amusing.

But that came to a DEAD STOP today. For a player to deliberately stamp backwards on a fellow pro's head, for no apparent reason. And then to have the AFFRONT to go back in such a cowardly manner with a "you alright mate ?" gesture to his victim, merely to (successfully) dodge a richly deserved red..sorry, that guy is scum, pure and simple.

I used to like him. I cannot recall EVER having such an about-turn opinion on anyone as I have today on Balotelli. He is a complete shit.

Me too, fireworks out of the window and last week he was paying for petrol and decided to pay for everyones fuel in the place.
BUT, that was without doubt a deliberate stamp, nasty and deliberate. Should get a big ban and shouldn't be on the pitch to score the winning pen.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I think its pretty obvious its intentional. IF he was falling and went to step for stability why would step back when you are falling forward??

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
Must admit I didnt even see it until the replay and I think it is one of those ones that looks a lot different in slow mo, where it does look deliberate. Without having the replay at his disposal I dont see how the ref could have red carded him.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
regardless if you think it's intentional or not, you have to say Parker is pure class for just getting on with the game. He even had an opportunity for a revenge tackle soon after he came back on but carried on as normal.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I'm undecided on whether it was intentional or not, he does appear to plant his foot quicker than he would do normally though, which is why it looks like a possible stamp.

Webb doesn't actually look directly at the incident, he may see it out of the corner of his eye though. He can hardly make a decision based on what he may have saw.

Also, Balotelli wasn't actually looking at Parker when the contact was made, and I think its quite unlikely he intended to stamp on his head/face... for no reason at all - he wasn't provoked. Parker didn't make much of it himself, I think when a player is stamped on you have a pretty good idea as to whether it was intentional or not. Anyone see Pepe the other night vs Barca? That was far more blatant.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
If Graham Souness says it was deliberate, then it was deliberate. If anyone knows about vicious cynical fouls he does, he was one of the dirtiest players around.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Must say that I didn't think it was deliberate. No-one can know for sure of course, but it would have been a very harsh red card.

Does make me laugh when people say it was "obviously" and "clearly" deliberate when the number of people on here saying otherwise (and the lack of any action by the ref) indicates that there was nothing clear or obvious about it.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I remember when West Ham's Julian Dicks allegedly stamped on Chelsea's John Spencer in the head in September 1995. The camera angle couldn't PROVE 100% whether or not he meant it but that didn't stop the media slaughtering Dicks and David Mellor on 6-0-6 calling him 'an animal'.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Not as bad/obvious as this one from a couple of years ago (which got a 5 game suspension).

As for Balotelli, I'd say a deliberate kick out, but he never looked to see where Parker was so getting him in the face could possibly be classed as an accident (not that that's any excuse for the kick).

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Having seen it a couple of times now it does look deliberate, also it looks as if he is diving to the ground not falling over. Having said that poor old ref Howard Webb did not have the benefit of being able to keep looking at it and had to make an instant decision so let us hope the FA do something about it, but dont hold your breath!

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
When I saw it in real time on MOTD2 I was not sure. It's certainly looks a odd movement, even more so in slow motion replay but he's off balance and I'm still not anywhere near convinced that it was a cynical stamp. Lescott's foul with his arm was far more conclusive for me and he should have gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here