Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balotelli is an utter SCUMBAG

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
It may or may not have been deliberate - there's certainly enough evidence for the FA to look closely at.

If it was a stamp, does it matter which part of the body it hit - if he didn't know what part he was likely to stamp on he's just as culpable as if he'd known, because the risk of serious injury is the same.

Only in football would a violent, petulant psychpath be excused by so many with the words "awww, what a character, the game needs characters...."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But did Balotelli know Parker's face was there? Was he AIMING for the eye socket?

You could say it was BAD LUCK that Parker's face was there, not his upper thigh or...no part of him at all?

Wasn't overly bothered either way was he ?

He knew Parker had tumbled to the floor, he'd caught his face accidentally with his leg on the way down already, and trod on his hand, so he knew Parker was prone. So the coup-de-grace was a nice bit of "have some of THAT" with a thrusted backward stamp just before he hit the deck. Could hit the shoulder, could hit the chest, could be full in the face, what did Balotelli care as long as in that instant he got his boot stuck into Parker somewhere ?

Animal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wasn't overly bothered either way was he ?

He knew Parker had tumbled to the floor, he'd caught his face accidentally with his leg on the way down already, and trod on his hand, so he knew Parker was prone. So the coup-de-grace was a nice bit of "have some of THAT" with a thrusted backward stamp just before he hit the deck. Could hit the shoulder, could hit the chest, could be full in the face, what did Balotelli care as long as in that instant he got his boot stuck into Parker somewhere ?

Animal.

Why haven't you started the same thread, with regards to Karl Henry's back-heel on Saturday?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Accident.

See Harry's in court today over the tax evasion charge.

Stamp duty is therefore a diversion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In the immortal words of Arsene...I have not seen eet

Did he stamp on someones face then ?

No he backheeled Albrighton who then play acted and rolled like a girl - sorry HKFC I know you're a BIG Mario fan but you cannot compare the two incidents as someone's head was involved in this one!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. It was a deliberate stamp and a straight red.

2. Spurs would have got at least a point from the game if he'd been sent off, maybe 3.

3. The authorities will do f*** all about this incident.

4. Howard Webb is beginning to look like a ref who will go out of his way not to send players off.

It's a hell of a coincidence that despite stamping into someone's face being a very rare incident this one involves - surprise, surprise - Balotelli. We know from his previous history he does this sort of thing regularly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No he backheeled Albrighton who then play acted and rolled like a girl - sorry HKFC I know you're a BIG Mario fan but you cannot compare the two incidents as someone's head was involved in this one!

They both kick out backwards. Neither knew where on the victim's person the impact would be. Balotelli's was with more force than Henry's though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Modric's arms is all over his back, perhaps he thought he was kicking out at the person who was touching his upper body? Perhaps in combination of feeling something (which we can see as parker's head) touch his leg and someone's hand on his back he may have though someone was trying to trip him and was lashing out at that?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
From a legal point of view, a deliberate stamp is far more serious than the Suarez racism incident or what Terry has been accused of.

8 match ban for racism - 4 match ban for stamping on head.... Something seems wrong here. I am not black or a football player - but having my head stamped on or my leg broken and potentially ending my career seems worse to me than "name" calling however dispicable. IMO

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
Cannot help but compare what happened to Barnes against Burnley for landing on a player with his studs with Balotelli's unpunished stamp yesterday. He clearly stamped on Parker as his foot went against his natural direction of travel after the collision with Parker. He then fell to the ground and rolled over. We all know that Manchester is one of Webb's favourite cities but how he missed it escapes me. Perhaps FA will act retrospectively but I doubt it. They are to busy protecting inconsistent refs.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

2. Spurs would have got at least a point from the game if he'd been sent off, maybe 3.

4. Howard Webb is beginning to look like a ref who will go out of his way not to send players off.

It's a hell of a coincidence that despite stamping into someone's face being a very rare incident this one involves - surprise, surprise - Balotelli. We know from his previous history he does this sort of thing regularly.

Cant help but agree with this

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

This is a mass of contradictions: if it's a deliberate stamp then video evidence can be used to punish retrospectively - if the authorities take no action, then it's not been seen as deliberate.

The second part makes no sense either: stamping on someone's face is a very rare thing and yet Balotelli has history of doing this sort of thing regularly. How something can be very rare and happen regularly is an interesting phenomenon that would baffle the cleverest of logicians.

8 pages: must say with someone earlier who said that if this hadn't been against Spurs, there'd have been little or no controversy about this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
8 pages: must say with someone earlier who said that if this hadn't been against Spurs, there'd have been little or no controversy about this.

Sorry, but thats nonsense.

I have no feelings one way or the other about Man City or Spurs, I was jusy revolted by the incident. He could've done it against Wigan or Wolfsburg for all I care, makes no odds. Whatever why you slice it it was a dangerous, cynical, snide act of violence which he then tried to disguise with a ridiculous little forward-tumble he launched into. Followed by some weaseling up to Parker afterwards to try to give the impression he gave a toss about how many pieces Parkers face happened to be in, and whether he still had both eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here