Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balotelli is an utter SCUMBAG

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Agree with Easy 10... He has a really vicious streak... could have really hurt parker and there is no way it was misplaced footing or accidental... defo forced his foot down on his head

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally I thought it was accidental and that he moved his foot back to regain balance and just happened to catch Parker :shrug:

You don't have a second account called Falmer do you ? Accidental my arse !

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He has some SERIOUS issues, Balotelli.

Instead of spunking loads of money on shagging beautiful women and fireworks, he should try an anger management course.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
In Rugby Union, there is the citing process, where acts like stamping, eye gouging etc can be reviewed post-match (often because they are in a ruck or maul and not seen by the ref at the time). Maybe there should be a similar process in Football these days?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Personally I thought it was accidental and that he moved his foot back to regain balance and just happened to catch Parker :shrug:

do behave, he clearly makes himself move unbalanced by this action.

hero to zero imo.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I'm not so sure Balotelli meant this. Have you ever tripped over something while moving backwards? If not try it and see what happens. There is a instinctive reaction to move your foot back and down very quickly to try to catch your balance. I know Mario's a bit of a loose canon but I want to see the incident again before making my mind up. My first reaction was that he was just trying to catch his balance and couldn't know that Parkers face was right behind his foot.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Must say, when I first saw it I thought it was accidental, but I'm not going to argue that strongly, or at all.

I will say that one of the podcasts I was listening to or an article I read (I forget which, now) discussed him and his eccentricities, and they made him seem like someone who isn't necessarily vicious or deliberately hurtful, but as someone who doesn't bother to try to have any forethought, or any sense of repercussion, very much 'in-the-moment'. There was a story of him discovering party poppers, he let one off in a team mate's face and then went back to what he was doing.

I'm not sure 'thug' of 'scumbag' would be the right word, if this is another example of that. I'd offer up an amateur assessment and suggest he has psycopathic/sociopathic tendencies, which for me is something different to being a thug or a scumbag.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I read an article on Edin Dzeko a few weeks ago, saying how difficult it was growing up in a violent, bloody war-torn environment in the former Yugoslavia and how it's taught him not to take anything for granted; to respect people, money and the success football brings and how lucky he is.

The complete opposite to that twat Balotelli, who only makes headlines for all the wrong reasons.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Prior to today I've enjoyed the "cult status" that has built up around this guy, as some of his antics have been genuinely amusing.

But that came to a DEAD STOP today. For a player to deliberately stamp backwards on a fellow pro's head, for no apparent reason. And then to have the AFFRONT to go back in such a cowardly manner with a "you alright mate ?" gesture to his victim, merely to (successfully) dodge a richly deserved red..sorry, that guy is scum, pure and simple.

I used to like him. I cannot recall EVER having such an about-turn opinion on anyone as I have today on Balotelli. He is a complete shit.
Have to agree with this - gone straight from 'likeable rogue with a flaky side' to 'colossal prick on a level with Roy Keane' - he may not be as consistently dirty as some but the results of his action today could have turned out much worse for Scott Parker if his foot had caught him slightly differently.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
On the basis of the video evidence the guy should be deported as an undesirable.

I have no affiliation beyond the Albion but Scot Parker is an excellent player, a seemingly nice guy, and one who would never ever be described as the sort of player who would ever become involved in that sort of thing.

No-one has, as yet, suggested what our friend Mancini has had to say about it - I think he should be somewhat embarrassed and ought to be doing something about it !

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Not as bad as this effort from Totti though. Instant Red

Sometimes a bully needs a taste of his own medicine. Shame with this one is Totti didnt carry on.

Balotelli is a risk to everyone playing on the pitch with him.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
With Mario there is always going to be the good the bad and the ugly but the game needs characters and this guy is a walking lunatic

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Misread the thread title ..thought it was about Bellotti. Who, by the way, is a complete & utter scumbag of the highest order.
Balotelli is Mother Theresa compared to the bar steward that is Mr Bellotti!

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Having watched the above clip numerous times i concur.....it was a stamp. If he was trying to catch his balance his other leg would have gone out. The direction of movement was not natural. I dont think he realised it was parkers face behind him but there was some intent to make contact.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
That was a deliberate stamp, completely blind or biased if you think anything else. Secondly,if I remember rightly, he did not get booked, again, if I remember rightly, a player cannot be charged afterwards, or card/ban increased if he/it was not cautioned at the time of the offence.

Total tosser with fantastic football ability which makes him a complete tosser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here