Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - what's the point?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brilliant response GEEK.

1. Twas indeed me, with some lads from NSC singing at me who I had met for the first time. Not much I could do about that really, but those lads were decent blokes - not attention-seeking dweebs like you

2. He's definitely fatter, and a decade younger. Not that I care

3. This takes the biscuit. Why on EARTH would I want to acknowledge you? Give me a single reason please.

The point that I was making was that I always assumed that someone who is so fast to judge professional sportsmen (almost always negatively) like you would have something interesting about them. But you're just a geeky-looking kid.

Did u enjoy ur day tho pal? You must've made the longest journey out of all 6000 fans!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
D422_607.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I did actually. Very impressed with the way Poyet's got them playing, and away games are always a laugh.

It's a bit different to yrs gone by now yes - attractive football :thumbsup:

So how are we gonna solve this issue - should Stumpy and WW post a pic each and we'll decide who's the biggest geek :lolol:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Barnes is a 100 times better than Holroyd and he will score goals .... but I still think we are short of a decent striker who will get us into the play-offs

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well we had fun in our carriage with a small orchard, McCarthy, the Laird and some odd Fulham fans.

Was WW with you? He's not that kid u call Potter is he?

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Let's face it, once The Complete Todger and Withdean Wanker pop their respective cherries then all of this nonsense should stop - maybe they could help each other out?

Back to the point:

Ashley Barnes is an improving player, he appears to have the right attitude and application, I'm sure the performances will come - although they won't be consistent in his first season here.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Brilliant response GEEK.

1. Twas indeed me, with some lads from NSC singing at me who I had met for the first time. Not much I could do about that really, but those lads were decent blokes - not attention-seeking dweebs like you

2. He's definitely fatter, and a decade younger. Not that I care

3. This takes the biscuit. Why on EARTH would I want to acknowledge you? Give me a single reason please.

The point that I was making was that I always assumed that someone who is so fast to judge professional sportsmen (almost always negatively) like you would have something interesting about them. But you're just a geeky-looking kid.

So you know those blokes are decent, but that I'm not?

Because you spoke to them, and not me?

Despite the fact that you walked off when I tried to speak to you?

Yeah, good one.

There's only one keyboard warrior here, and it isn't me.

I don't pretend to be a professional sportsman - I'm certainly not one, and I'm definitely not as good at football as the likes of Barnes. But that's not going to stop me having an opinion.

I'm not going to get too worried about petty insults from cretins who are happy to talk about you online as if they know you, but run off at the slightest hint of having to hold an actual conversation in real life.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Yeah, good one.

I don't pretend to be a professional sportsman - I'm certainly not one, and I'm definitely not as good at football as the likes of Barnes. But that's not going to stop me having an opinion.

I'm not going to get too worried about petty insults from cretins who are happy to talk about you online as if they know you, but run off at the slightest hint of having to hold an actual conversation in real life.

So on that basis you would obviously have no problem walking up to Barnes and telling him what you think to his face. Or are you just hiding behind your keyboard as well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
keep it coming lads, great reading.

The thought of both of you sitting near each other on a train back from carlisle getting wound up via NSC is absolute classic.

Any more for anymore

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So on that basis you would obviously have no problem walking up to Barnes and telling him what you think to his face. Or are you just hiding behind your keyboard as well.

Think you're failing to understand the concept of discussing football on a football message board.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Think you're failing to understand the concept of discussing football on a football message board.

Its not discussing football though is it. It is you and that other cretin TCB picking out individual players to have a dig at.

If Barnes scores a couple of goals against Plymouth you will both go quiet for a while, but you won't start a thread about how well he played or took his goals because that will go against your unbalanced view of a young hard working player who plays for our club. No you will just wait for the next time he does not quite perform to your exacting standards and lay into him again from the safety of your computer.

I repeat you would not say any of this to him face to face, because people like you are just cowards.

Stumpy Tim

Yeah, good one.

I didn't say you weren't a decent bloke... I said you looked a bit nerdy - which isn't unusual at your age. I don't know what you're like in the real world

I also didn't know that you tried to speak to me to be honest. I would certainly have stopped for a chat, like I did with those other lads. I certainly don't think you're the cretin you appear on NSC in real-life

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here