Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - what's the point?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm still fuming about their number 15 pulling his hair like he did, but Barnes did the best thing not retaliate just stick away another goal instead.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not sure why Barnes gets the flack he does and seems to be an easy target for criticism. I think some forget how old this guy is and yet he has scored 9 goals in this league already this season. That is more than the far more experienced (and expensive) Lambert.

His contribution is equal to the rest of the teams and his goals have helped us get where we are. Yes he will have bad games as he learns his trade but we have great prospect on our hands and one that is looking more and more like an absolute bargain.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He was really good today, terrific movement, he wanted the ball, cool finish,

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair he needed a stint on the bench.He was very effective coming on last season and now he seems to be repeating that, lets hope he regains the early season form.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Not sure why Barnes gets the flack he does and seems to be an easy target for criticism. I think some forget how old this guy is and yet he has scored 9 goals in this league already this season. That is more than the far more experienced (and expensive) Lambert.

His contribution is equal to the rest of the teams and his goals have helped us get where we are. Yes he will have bad games as he learns his trade but we have great prospect on our hands and one that is looking more and more like an absolute bargain.

:thumbsup: Yep. spot on. the slagging he has received from some posters is totally unjustified

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here