Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - what's the point?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He was bloody brilliant today. Yes he fluffed some chances but he took a difficult one and was involved in most of best attacks.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I was chuffed when Ashley Barnes signed for us, yes for a lot of money rumoured to be £250,000 but he shows he cares for our club and works his socks off for our club.
He also now scored 3 goals this year - 2 in 2. No he will not be a 20 goal a year man but a fantastic player to have in our club.
I really like the guy and im delighted when hear he scores a goal.
I hope he will succeed here and i am pretty certain he will.
Keep up the great work Barnes

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Superb yesterday. Noticed on the telly that the keeper got as touch to his shot that hit the post. Very unlucky not to get a hat-trick. In the right place at the right time. Three so far this season I think. I'll predict he'll get 18 this season.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think the front pairing of Muzza and Barn-es works really quite well. Murray always brilliant in the air and Barnes dropping off at times to collect and lay off. Yesterday Barn-es got into those positions where i would have hoped he'd have scored more, but as long as he keeps being wily in the box then he should carry on knocking them home and only getting better at it. When given a chance he generally gets it on target. Good stuff.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Barnes is a good player. I am sure he's disappointed that he missed the early chances, but it would be worse if he wasn't getting into scoring positions (like a number of other forwards in recent years).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lovely composed finish tonight for his second, just strolled up and stroked it home, perfectly placed. It was quite Murrey-esque. He's getting better and better - so much of our build-up play comes of him just dropping off to help link up the play. He finds space and uses it.

Could have a real little gem on our hands there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here