Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - what's the point?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brighton need a bit more than a 20 year old still learning his trade if they are to go up this season.

Don't agree. But we need a bit more than a 20 year old to be sure of going up. We could EASILY get promoted with this squad - if we win at Plymouth we'll be second for goodness sake. But a proven striker up front....now that could lead to a classic season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I do wonder if said thread starter actually wants an intelligent discussion about Barnes or whether its just plain fishing. If its the latter, you need to find yourself a new hobby or move on to a different lake because the NSC lake has well and truly dried up..

Either start and participate in a sensible discussion or just go. Don't forget your fishing rod.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
not so sure .....4 pages so far :facepalm:

But its not 4 pages of people taking the bait. The holocaust comment was seemingly put in there to get a reaction, but it hasn't worked. Just further proof that people are sick of it.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
to be honest, i think it's all an act with WW and TCB. for cricket (on tv) watchers out there, they seem to be playing the Bob Willis role. it's quite tired and old now and it's very sad to see how many people dignify their bullshit with a response.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
CB and WW are true examples of a keyboard warrior, wouldn't say boo to a goose outside of the internet. Both virgins which is probably a lot of the reason they're miserable.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Remember folks, this is from the football sage who said of Glenn Murray
Murray 1 - that mark is just for scoring, otherwise a lazier, slower, less interested player I have yet to see. We woz MUGGED.

......and of Gus Poyet

The man's a f***ing idiot in that respect, and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.

He's clearly forgotten to take his anti-attention seeking medicine today, that's all.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think anyone can make TCB..

images

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
The way that TCB over reacts to everything, and has to have everything as the blackest of black or the whitest of white must stem from somewhere.
I think it comes from his job. He probably gets that sort of reaction when he is working everyday. I don't know his real name, so I have used one that suits him.

(A typical work day for TCB) NIGEL, you have had a complete ABORTION today. You totally f***ed UP every Big Mac you made, and the fies tasted like HORSE SHIT. You are a complete TARD when you serve customers, the question is 'do you want fires with that?' NOT f***ing FLIES!!!! And you can't even cleanthe toilets. The gents loo looks like there has been a f***ing HOLOCAUST!!! SAKE..............

or something like that :laugh:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ashley Barnes for Brighton. P15 (10 starts, 5 sub), scored 5.

Brighton with Barnes P15 W7 D4 L4

So far he has scored 1 in 3 (or 1 every 200 minutes on the pitch) and Brighton got 1.7 points per game with him in the team. He's 20 years old, played just 42 games before signing for Brighton.

Make what you like of that, which you usually do

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Ashley Barnes for Brighton. P15 (10 starts, 5 sub), scored 5.

Brighton with Barnes P15 W7 D4 L4

So far he has scored 1 in 3 (or 1 every 200 minutes on the pitch) and Brighton got 1.7 points per game with him in the team. He's 20 years old, played just 42 games before signing for Brighton.

Make what you like of that, which you usually do

They are pretty good stats for a 20 year old at this level. I think most people thought that he was a player with raw talent that needs time. Also in the system we play he is playing slightly out of position when he plays with Murray as we never seem to play a standard 4-4-2, so he is slightly withdrawn, wheras he scored his goals for us last season playing as the lone striker when Murray was suspended.
I like him, he reminds me a little of Michael Robinson, prepared to chase lost causes and do the donkey work for the team. Most teams need a player like that.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Someone pointed out WW to me today, and I was slightly surprised that someone who spouts all that negative rubbish was a a slightly geeky looking nerd. With a slightly rotund mate who may or may not be TCB. Made me chuckle

This is possibly one of the best posts I've read that slags me off - and let's face it, there's quite a lot to choose from.

I particularly enjoy the fact that:

1) You have the audacity to call me a "nerd", despite the fact that yesterday evening you yourself managed to walk down the train carriage with a load of goons singing your username, in possibliy the biggest display of geekery I've ever seen.

2) Assuming you were the person walking down the train to the chorus of "stumpy tim stumpty tim stumpy tim", you are easily as rotund, if not more so, than the person I was stood next to at the game.

3) Despite the fact that I was pointed out to you at the game, you failed to acknowledge me in person on the train, instead preferring to slag me off on your Iphone.

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
WW what you cannot deny is that you started having a go at Barnes as soon as he came on yesterday. Why do this? Are you not even prepared to give a player a chance?

The fact is once Barnes came on we played a lot better than we had previously, and managed to keep the ball better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone pointed out WW to me today, and I was slightly surprised that someone who spouts all that negative rubbish was a a slightly geeky looking nerd. With a slightly rotund mate who may or may not be TCB. Made me chuckle

This is possibly one of the best posts I've read that slags me off - and let's face it, there's quite a lot to choose from.

1) You have the audacity to call me a "nerd", despite the fact that yesterday evening you yourself managed to walk down the train carriage with a load of goons singing your username, in possibliy the biggest display of geekery I've ever seen.

2) Assuming you were the person walking down the train to the chorus of "stumpy tim stumpty tim stumpy tim", you are easily as rotund, if not more so, than the person I was stood next to at the game.

3) Despite the fact that I was pointed out to you at the game, you failed to acknowledge me in person on the train, instead preferring to slag me off on your Iphone.

This is BRILLIANT :thumbsup:

Stumpy Tim

Brilliant response GEEK.

1. Twas indeed me, with some lads from NSC singing at me who I had met for the first time. Not much I could do about that really, but those lads were decent blokes - not attention-seeking dweebs like you

2. He's definitely fatter, and a decade younger. Not that I care

3. This takes the biscuit. Why on EARTH would I want to acknowledge you? Give me a single reason please.

The point that I was making was that I always assumed that someone who is so fast to judge professional sportsmen (almost always negatively) like you would have something interesting about them. But you're just a geeky-looking kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here