Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - what's the point?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
In an ever-changing crazy world, it is comforting to me to know that The Complete Badger is always, WITHOUT FAIL, wrong. He has got it down to an art form. Its quite ironic for someone who sets themselves up as a "Voice of Reason". Bless him.

He was wrong about Dickinson (he thought he was really good)
He was wrong about Crofts
He was wrong about Brezovan
He continues to be wrong about El-Abd and Elphick
He was majorly and HIDEOUSLY wrong about Poyet (see my sig + Biscuit's sig)

For me, the jury is still out BIG TIME on Barnes. My suspicion has always been that he isn't quite up to it. However, given TCB's previous pathetic and hapless predictions, I have no doubt that he will bang in 25 this season now.

TCB was saying much the same about Jenson Button and Gus Poyet a year ago, he tends to end up with egg on his face, wipe it off and pick another bete noir only to look a mug again a few months down the line. I expect the same will happen with Barnes.
That is their MO and I am surprised no-one has twigged it. Pick someone or something that looks like they might fail, post OTT bollocks like this and then sit and wait. If they prove crap then they will gloat forever more (e.g. WW & Craig Davies). If they succeed, they move onto the next "target".

Look on the bright side - there is a good chance they will be arrested for wanking each other off on the train when they read the bites to their trolling! :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like Barnes.
Anyone who can score a volley such as the one he tucked away at Withdean the other week against Walsall has clearly got something about him.

Good finisher. Give him the service, he'll pay his way.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
What the hell has Barnes done wrong? He's been good of late, the team's playing well and he still has a pop at our players!

The Complete Badger more like The Complete Wanker!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I like Barnes.
Anyone who can score a volley such as the one he tucked away at Withdean the other week against Walsall has clearly got something about him.

Good finisher. Give him the service, he'll pay his way.

This. And I HATE people who say that. 'This' not 'that'. I'm confused.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You know what, I've been trying this 'ignore' lark with The Complete Wankstain and Wankstain Wanker for some time now and it's just not doing it for me anymore. So here goes; f*** off and crawl back under your rat-infested shitty little stones you wastes of oxygen. You're about as interesting and amusing as Eastenders with the sound turned down. Now I'm not a violent man but they make me want to eat babies, all babies, just in case they ever have any.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
You know what, I've been trying this 'ignore' lark with The Complete Wankstain and Wankstain Wanker for some time now and it's just not doing it for me anymore. So here goes; f*** off and crawl back under your rat-infested shitty little stones you wastes of oxygen. You're about as interesting and amusing as Eastenders with the sound turned down. Now I'm not a violent man but they make me want to eat babies, all babies, just in case they ever have any.

It wouldn't be NSC without them :thumbsup:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Well said, sir :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm not Barnes biggest fan based on what I've seen but all teh time we are getting results then all is good and no need for scape goats.

There are glimpses that Murray likes working off him and as mentioned his volley the other week prove he can do it.

No need to panic just yet

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is this the Ashley Barnes who is just 20 years old and still learning his trade....?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
barnes is a good player, 20 years old. i wouldnt mind having half his football skills....... complete badger? more like complete cu*t

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I've never seen the lad play until today but I can't say I noticed him too much until his header in injury time but the team deifntely improved greatly after he came and Murray got much more involved. I suspect Barnes had something to do with that.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ashley Barnes will improve. I have no doubt though that if we had managed to secure the services of one of the (apparently many) proven, experienced strikers we were after in the Summer we'd have a few more goals and a few more points. Not complaining - delighted with eighth - but wonder where we'd be with this stunning midfield, a brilliant defence and someone up front who sticks them in, week in week out.

(PS I know we tried to sign a quality striker and God forbid I'm not agreeing with The Complete Todger, I just suspect that we are watching an automatic promotion side that is one quality striker light).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here