Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - what's the point?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I am not so sure......... :shrug:

Ta

I didn't say you weren't a decent bloke... I said you looked a bit nerdy - which isn't unusual at your age. I don't know what you're like in the real world

I also didn't know that you tried to speak to me to be honest. I would certainly have stopped for a chat, like I did with those other lads. I certainly don't think you're the cretin you appear on NSC in real-life

Never mind - i think everyone on the train was battered anyway so i'll put it down to that...

Its not discussing football though is it. It is you and that other cretin TCB picking out individual players to have a dig at.

If Barnes scores a couple of goals against Plymouth you will both go quiet for a while, but you won't start a thread about how well he played or took his goals because that will go against your unbalanced view of a young hard working player who plays for our club. No you will just wait for the next time he does not quite perform to your exacting standards and lay into him again from the safety of your computer.

I repeat you would not say any of this to him face to face, because people like you are just cowards.

You're in a pub outside a football ground away from home, talking with a fellow Albion fan.
Conversation goes something like this.

"what do you reckon about Ashley Barnes?"
"i think he's a bit shit mate, to be honest"

What's the usual response?

Is it:
"oh. I don't agree to be honest, i think he's a prospect" ?

Or is it

"f*** off you fat spotty nerdy virgin dick miserable f***ing prick annoying ****"

If Barnes scores against Plymouth i'll be pleased.
It won't stop me having an opinion.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Ta

Never mind - i think everyone on the train was battered anyway so i'll put it down to that...

You're in a pub outside a football ground away from home, talking with a fellow Albion fan.
Conversation goes something like this.

"what do you reckon about Ashley Barnes?"
"i think he's a bit shit mate, to be honest"

What's the usual response?

Is it:
"oh. I don't agree to be honest, i think he's a prospect" ?

Or is it

"f*** off you fat spotty nerdy virgin dick miserable f***ing prick annoying ****"

If Barnes scores against Plymouth i'll be pleased.
It won't stop me having an opinion.

No one wants to stop you having an opinion but it would be nice if it were more balanced sometimes.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No one wants to stop you having an opinion but it would be nice if it were more balanced sometimes.

Fair enough - it is quite hard to make it apparent on here, but i do genuinely rate a LOT of our players at the moment. Again though, it's just how I see it, doesn't mean it's right.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Fair enough - it is quite hard to make it apparent on here, but i do genuinely rate a LOT of our players at the moment. Again though, it's just how I see it, doesn't mean it's right.
Given that you have trained it all the way to Carlisle you are obviously a big fan of the club and posts like this show that you are a supporter, why are you SO f***ing NEGATIVE most of the time?

Just curious like......

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
See, behind this screen (and its only 10")

I think your a pair of UTTER knobs. If i ever sit on a train with you, and we start talking, i'm not going to ask "are you TCB or WW?"

Your albion opinions don't piss me off, i didn't rate elphick the second quater of the season, some one talked to me on the running track, i said my opnion, we talked. done. nice.

When you say it with such venom, you just appear like *****, as if the way you talk about footballers your meant to support, is the way you talk about other things.

Plus using the word holocaust, on Yom Kippor, with our Jewish chairman? :facepalm:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Withdean Wanderer this is a debate to have in about 30 mathces time not nowand should not use words like holocaust to describe a player.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The venom with which some people post suggest a certain degree of strength of their opinion.

If your opinion is that strong, you should be willing to say it to someone's face. If you're not willing to say it to someone's face, it can only mean you're faking how strongly you feel for one reason or another (to antagonise, for linguistic style etc.), which kinda undermines your point.

Stumpy Tim

Wow, what a thread.

1) I don't rate Ashley Barnes. Maybe using such a description to criticise him was a bit distasteful, but generally I am very happy with BHAFC at the moment and, as I have said a number of times, am absolutely convinced we will be in the top two this season. That actually makes me an optimist, not a pessimist as many people seem to say. However, even Man United and Chelsea have the odd player not up to their level, so it's always going to be the case with us too. In my opinion, Barnes is one of the two or three in that bracket right now.

2) I didn't see Stumpy Tim's insult of WW and myself while I was on the train yesterday, but having had it all pointed out to me after he had done his vanishing act in front of us I find it quite humorous. He obviously knew who we were (as he'd already posted it on nsc), but when confronted with us on a packed train carriage, and when WW asked him why he'd taken a pop, he was all smily and ran off like a little girl.

3) Following on from that, to the person above who thinks WW should be able to tell Ashley Barnes what he thinks of him in real life, you're missing the point. This is a BHAFC messageboard and the point is to discuss the club and its players. That does not mean you have to tell them to their faces. However, the point of nsc is not to slag off and insult other posters, so if you want to do that then I'd say it's a different kettle of fish once you're in the same room. A man would defend their words, as I would if I a) slagged off anyone on here and b) met them.

4) Stumpy Tim may want to take a leaf out of Beach Hut's book. Despite him probably thinking we are a couple of twats on nsc, he sat on our table from Carlisle to London and was happy to chat and seems a nice guy, even if he was even more pissed than any of us!

As I said before, I didn't hear WW say a word to me. I would have gladly chatted to you lot. There was one older guy who mentioned something about Sydney, but that was it. If we're both at Plymouth I'll gladly discuss why I (and most other people on this board) have a pop at you. Come over & say hello

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
How GAY is this thread?

rtw_2007.1200621420.colin-and-tomx-very-very-gayx.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
However, the point of nsc is not to slag off and insult other posters,

So, its perfectly ok to publically slag off and insult the chairman/manager/players/gully/groundmans in fact any other employee of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club BUT you shouldn't slag off and insult other posters.

:facepalm:

So again tweedle dee and tweedle dum are singing from the same choir sheet I really think you both need to read a dictionary to understand there is a difference between criticism and abuse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here