Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Coalition f*cking it up ?.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Ftse is up because there is no where else to put your money except gold.
so what are you saying ? that people are investing in ftse shares that are wortheless but there is nowhere else to put money ??your statement is bollocks anyway there are plenty of bonds/commdities or other financial instruments where you could invest.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Boo hoo, people don't use mortgage brokers any more. Get the f*** over it.

Absolutely laughable that you even considered for one minute that another government was going to change this state of affairs.

Hows your career ?. VERY tough one can only hope. I truely hope it is and if God willing it is GET THE f*** OVER IT.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nasty little piece of work.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Boo hoo, people don't use mortgage brokers any more. Get the f*** over it.

Absolutely laughable that you even considered for one minute that another government was going to change this state of affairs.
A bit strong dont you think ?? you were out of work fairly recently so a bit of empathy wouldnt go amiss,by all means slaughter someone for their politcs or talking rubbish but i would expect better for somone who relatively recently had this sort of worry hanging over them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah nasty media. If only they had someone like Rupert Murdoch to make their case for them.

Unfortunately people don't take the trouble to find out the facts and will swallow the general line they're fed.

If doom and gloom sells more papers than growth then doom and gloom is what we'll get, and if people think things are worse than they are then they won't spend so it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A bit strong dont you think ?? you were out of work fairly recently so a bit of empathy wouldnt go amiss,by all means slaughter someone for their politcs or talking rubbish but i would expect better for somone who relatively recently had this sort of worry hanging over them.

When he was out of work, did he spend his time looking for something else, or did he spend his time on here wallowing in self-pity and blaming other people for his situation?

If he did the latter, then you're right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hows your career ?. VERY tough one can only hope. I truely hope it is and if God willing it is GET THE f*** OVER IT.
Interesting. You'll be pleased to know I did have had a nightmare of it until this year.

Right. I lost my contracting job in Feb 2009, and was out of work for 4 months with a mortgage to pay and a family to feed. As I was self-employed, I had no pay-off, I was paid until the end of the day. Eventually I found a job, although it payed barely half what I was on before, then disastrously discovered I had an unforeseen £8k tax bill (entirely my fault though) and 9 months to pay it off. Because my salary barely covered the mortgage and living expenses, we sold our car to part pay for some of it, then scrimped all of last year. Putting up with several friends and aquaintances poking fun at me for my Withdean absence, in the process. Then moved on in January to a job I've been happy in, and now found another one, having re-invented myself, taking on more responsibility in the process. Scary, but ultimately rewarding. I have also paid off that horrendous tax bill and closed down my business. People like tricky dicky and bushy will tell you this is all true, they among other people were very supportive towards me in all of this, but then I did constructively talk to them about this, and they were helpful in return.

Which is why I am perfectly placed to ask you to put a f***ing sock in it when it comes to you and your incessant f***ing moaning. What makes you so special? It's not like you've had no help from here is it? But all you do is continue to whine and moan. You're a serial quitter, and I'm sick of it. Sorry.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Soz mate, just written my thoughts on the matter. Your help was much appreciated, and I would do exactly the same for you. However, as HKFC has said, I am completely f***ing sick of this bell-end spending his life whining on here about the state of his profession. Hiney is in the same boat, only with a family to support, and I don't see him whinging on and on like the world owes him a living. And nor did I, and nor did others on here when they lost their jobs. Sure, get things off your chest but I swear this bloke could embarrass a scouser, such is the extent of his self pity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You seem a very different person these days. Have you had a life-changing experience recently?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
And you see my thread on house price drops as depressing:thumbsup:

I think the one thing the government has on its side is that we are not the first country to try the austerity route. Both Spain and Ireland are examples of what to do right and wrong.

I think the austerity measures to be announced next week will be severe but not as bad as we are imagining (the media have been used for months to soften us up).

Cut backs will be phased (see the students loans) to take us gently into austerity. The money markets will love it and the UK will keep its credit rating, which is the main aim of all this.

There is evidence that the private sector is taking up some of the slack on jobs.

My own theory is that the Government are happy to have inflation (despite telling everyone they want a return to 2%). It helps to erode the debt, but for me inflation is public enemy no1. It erodes pensions and savings and the value of what we earn.

With a vested interest in exchange rates at the moment, I cannot believe that the government is not keeping inflation high. The BoE interest rate should be being raised as we speak, to curb inflation as we all know none of us will be getting more money at the moment. Trouble is they are talking about QE2 which will devalue the £ again and pump more money into the econemoy, weakening yet further anybodys assets, including those with houses. The pound will sink again. This may be seen as good for exports, but as we import most of our raw materials and goods, the balance of payments will remain untouched.

We really need an interest rate rise, and mortgages should not go up as they are already 5% + above the BoE interest rate. The only people benefitting from low interest rates are the banks who get to borrow at .5% and lend at 6%, but pay .25% on savings.

CROOKS THE BLOODY LOT OF THEM.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Soz mate, just written my thoughts on the matter. Your help was much appreciated, and I would do exactly the same for you. However, as HKFC has said, I am completely f***ing sick of this bell-end spending his life whining on here about the state of his profession. Hiney is in the same boat, only with a family to support, and I don't see him whinging on and on like the world owes him a living. And nor did I, and nor did others on here when they lost their jobs. Sure, get things off your chest but I swear this bloke could embarrass a scouser, such is the extent of his self pity.

YOU brought up my predicament not me. I commented that I hoped, albeit naively that the new government may make things a little easier and then told me that my career of 20 years I like Hiney have fought tooth and nail for in the last 2 years should just f***ing GET OVER IT, that , according to you people do not want my services anymore.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
YOU brought up my predicament not me. I commented that I hoped, albeit naively that the new government may make things a little easier and then told me that my career of 20 years I like Hiney have fought tooth and nail for in the last 2 years should just f***ing GET OVER IT, that , according to you people do not want my services anymore.

your "predicament" has absolutely nothing at all to do with whatever government is in place. what exactly were you hoping for?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A miracle I guess :laugh:

With a vested interest in exchange rates at the moment, I cannot believe that the government is not keeping inflation high. The BoE interest rate should be being raised as we speak, to curb inflation as we all know none of us will be getting more money at the moment. Trouble is they are talking about QE2 which will devalue the £ again and pump more money into the econemoy, weakening yet further anybodys assets, including those with houses. The pound will sink again. This may be seen as good for exports, but as we import most of our raw materials and goods, the balance of payments will remain untouched.

We really need an interest rate rise, and mortgages should not go up as they are already 5% + above the BoE interest rate. The only people benefitting from low interest rates are the banks who get to borrow at .5% and lend at 6%, but pay .25% on savings.

CROOKS THE BLOODY LOT OF THEM.

There's absolutely no will to raise interest rates amongst the MPC at the moment (Andrew Sentance aside). Their latest minutes still continue to discuss the risks of low inflation (and deflation) which is admittedly rather bizarre. However to start to increase interest rates now would risk severely damaging the gentle increases in domestic demand and shattering business confidence.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well take up the ideas you were given on how to progress your 80s nite. In principle its a bloody good idea. With the right application it could be a big success.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A miracle I guess :laugh:
So you admit you wanted a miracle but thought it would be worth mentioning (yet again) that you did hope they'd do something for poor old you? Do bore off.

And no, YOU mentioned your predicament. Very first post. "Selfish I was hoping blah blah blah mortgages blah blah house prices etc etc"

Still, you got your way. You hoped I'd been through a shit time and you were right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here