Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Coalition f*cking it up ?.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Vintage day for the coalition yesterday; disarray over tuition fees with some of the Lib Dems actually sticking to their manifesto and coming out against raising them, Clegg begging everyone to forget about the manifesto and agree to raise them so he can keep his hand down Camerons pants for a bit longer and others taking the more traditional liberal line and saying that they didnt know what to do.

Added to this a decent performance by Milliband in the commons and the continued mess of the child benefit fiasco.

Keep it up boys!

A better day today though. Scrapping a couple of hundred quangos is exactly the sort of thing they promised to do.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All you're going to hear over the next 5-10 years is that this is all the last Labour government's fault, when this is not true. Yes, they made mistakes but at least they've been big enough to admit it.

To be honest since they came to power EVERY time a Con/Lib Dem politician is interviewed the first thing that is said is about the previous government. It just like a primary school playground all they do is pass the blame but fail to do anything about it

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Whilst there's no denying the last government made mistakes, would the Conservatives or the Lib Dems have changed the way the economy was handled? no, Thatcher & Major didn't in the 80's & 90's and they wouldn't have done in the 00's.

All you're going to hear over the next 5-10 years is that this is all the last Labour government's fault, when this is not true. Yes, they made mistakes but at least they've been big enough to admit it.

Osborne and his chumps have already made 3-4 big errors with the economy in the short period they've been in charge and yet, all they'll do is blame it on the last government, when it's clear that their ridiculous plans to cut everything is the real reason why this country will enter recession again in the early new year.

As I have posted elsewhere; all incoming governments blame the previous government for any unpopular decisions they have to make, but this will only wash for about a year. Then people get tired of hearing that song.

The Tories want to cut everything for the same reason that they always want to cut evrything; so that they can buy some votes with tax cuts when the time comes. Thats fine. Thats normal for them. What isnt normal is for the Lib Dems to be up to their necks in shite. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that has ever voted for them. If they stick with the coalition they will be wiped out at the next local elections as the only way people whove previously voted for them will have to go is to Labour.

Paddy Ashdown and Charles Kennedy had built a party that was worthy of support and its been destroyed in 5 months.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
But none of the economic indicators support this doom and gloom outlook either. In Q2 output grew by 1.2% (quarter on quarter) and household spending grew by 0.7%. Consumer and business confidence are falling but to nowhere near the levels seen in 2008, and in fact the confidence amongst manufacturers is on the increase. Export levels are up and global trade is picking up.

Well said. In general the country is in pretty good shape.

We will have a house price correction, but we've had them before and they dont wreck the country's economy. As I said before my biggest concern is inflation.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Actually its a slow news day now the Chileans are out and I am bored so am playing devils advocate as I knew the lefties would bite. SUPER DAVID CAMERON.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It just like a primary school playground all they do is pass the blame but fail to do anything about it

Just a minute we've had announcements almost daily of what they are doing and the big day next week. Wake up at the back.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
A better day today though. Scrapping a couple of hundred quangos is exactly the sort of thing they promised to do.

Yeah putting a few thousand people out of work, thus losing their tax payments and forcing them to claim benefits that will cost the country is a great way of reducing the deficit and the benefits bill.

Actually I forgot about their other acheivement yesterday; although overall employment came down, the long term unemployed number went up and so did the number of people claiming out of work benefits.

As I say; great day at the office.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It could be a lot worse - we could still have Gordon Brown in charge!

At least this government are trying to fix the damage done. Change takes time, and things will get better not worse - but it will be a bumpy ride for some.

Some sectors of work are going to be effected more - being an estate agent can't be great in a recession, but people are still buying houses. Its just a different type of sell you have to offer.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
To be honest since they came to power EVERY time a Con/Lib Dem politician is interviewed the first thing that is said is about the previous government. It just like a primary school playground all they do is pass the blame but fail to do anything about it

It seems the impatience of the average football fan is being reflected in some comments on politics. The election was in May. Labour had thirteen years to destroy this country. It's by no means certain that it can be saved; but it was hardly going to be done in five months. I think it is essential that every Conservative/LibDem politician reiterates that the blame is Labour's, at every opportunity. Clearly there are millions who still haven't got the message.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I fear we are on the brink of a massive double dip recession. Growth was 0.1% and the 1.2% first 1/4's and I fear growth with be much reduced and possibly back in recession for the 3rd quarter but certainly by the 4th quarter.

On a selfish point of view this government have done the square root of f*** all for my profession when I had high hopes. They have abolished the FSA from 2012 but will just staff the new organisation with the same people so no change. They even gave the top gig to serial loser Hector Sants who oversaw the shambolic FSA from 2004.

Property prices are on the edge of a precipice. Unless something happens and very soon we could see a huge property crash and property being brought by wealthy landlords and a whole generation of young and middle aged people renting from fat cat landlords for decades.

New jobs are not being created. The savage cuts which have to be done will mean the country in recession or near recession for 5 years at least.

I am serious worried. The coalition have done precisely diddly squat from what I can see and are proving a major dissapointment.

After 3 annus horribilus years there is still no light at the end of the tunnel. The signs are not good.

How do people see things panning out from now until 2015 ?.

in one word .....YES

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yeah putting a few thousand people out of work, thus losing their tax payments and forcing them to claim benefits that will cost the country is a great way of reducing the deficit and the benefits bill.

Actually I forgot about their other acheivement yesterday; although overall employment came down, the long term unemployed number went up and so did the number of people claiming out of work benefits.

As I say; great day at the office.

So you think you can make an omelette without breaking a few eggs? Do you live in cloud cookoo land?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
So you think you can make an omelette without breaking a few eggs? Do you live in cloud cookoo land?

To make an omelette you break the eggs, put them in a pan, mix together with the other ingredients, cook and serve.

You dont break the eggs, put them in the bin, fail to buy the rest of the ingredients, throw the pan away and then say omelettes are rubbish anyway.

And no I dont; South Central Buxted actually.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well clearly the 0.5% interest rates for 19 months have worked haven't they Mr Clever. NOT. Also the reasons I have given but you have not understood probably.
No, because I'm just a thickie, and you are a very clever person who sells mortgages.

Difference is in my business I make a very very comfortable living, whereas in yours, you sell things to people who are too lazy or scared to source them on their own. But then its me thats thick!!

I could blind you with gargon about importing and exporting, and use words to tie you up, but in realiaity its very simple what I do, abit like mortgages. It just take a bit of common sense. It's just if you make it sound too simple, then even those with a doubt, wouldn't give you the time of day.

You like to make things sounds far worse and more confusing than they actually are, just to justifty your position in life.

As I've said before, your profession in my eyes is a complete waste of time and effort. You may as well pay someone to go Tescos and do your food shopping for you. Shopping for a mortage is as easy as buying a loaf of bread these days ... if you can afford to pay for it. And as people wise up to that fact they don't need your type anymore you struggle and bitch and whine about it.

Go an get a real job, that doesnt pray on the peoples worries and concerns. You are obviosuly not that clued up on things, otherwise you would hae got a new job years ago, like a lot of others in your "profession" have.

Bottom line is Uncle Speilly. if you can afford a mortgage, its very very very easy to get one, no matter what you might like to put across. I found one within a day of looking, and got a mortgage that even a all off market advisor could not get close too. And I done that all on my little own, despite constantly being told by you I have no idea what I'm talking about.:facepalm:

Mortgage Advisors/brookes or whatever else you like to be known by, were only needed when people needed to go "through the back door" to get fnance. Now the major lenders have tighten up the rules on who they lend too, ie those that can afford to pay it back, and stoped taking the word of someone that is on a commission to sell their money, it's no wonder people don't need "financial advise" anymore, because if you can afford it, you can get it. If you can't afford a mortgage, you shouldn't be getting one. I can't afford a million pound house (yet) so I dont have one. I've brought a property I can afford, and can continue to afford if the rates rise. It's simple really. I can't afford a Bentley (yet) so I dont drive one. I could go out tomorrow and buy on on finance if I wanted too, but would probably go bust in the long term. Certainly afford it comforbably, so choose not to have one

Anyway, I thought you were selling Solar Power to people now, or did you discover that was another fly-by-night con job?

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
To make an omelette you break the eggs, put them in a pan, mix together with the other ingredients, cook and serve.

You dont break the eggs, put them in the bin, fail to buy the rest of the ingredients, throw the pan away and then say omelettes are rubbish anyway.

And no I dont; South Central Buxted actually.

There is naught so blind as those that cannot see.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what a load of bollocks. what have they f***ed up? they havent really done anything yet. the cuts haven't been announced, the economy is growing albeit slightly despite all the worry of a double dip (which some people seem determined to talk us into). shall we wait untill at least one of the doom laden prophecies has occured before we call it?

oh, and the one thing they have done is scrub enough off the budget to keep the international markets happy. FTSE and £ both doing well at the moment, up since May. the people with the money see a positive future here.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The FTSE went up even in the recession...

I explained earlier it was QE that did it.

Heres an example

SPX%20Monetization%20Corr.jpg

Last edited:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

So Labour were in power between 1997 and 2010 and had the opportunity to
pass any legislation they so desired because they had three whopping majorities and it wasn't there fault where the country sits right now. Whose fault was it then? The King of Siam's? Magic Johnson? Bob Carolgees and Spit the Dog? The lead guitarist out of Def Leppard? Do me a favour!

Oh yes good old Gordon Brown said sorry for selling our gold low, raiding private pension schemes, having a laissez faire attitude with the banks and spending billions of pounds on Labour's love of public spending projects. Well hang on a second maybe he didn't unless I missed that.

Anyone else care to add as to what Gordon Brown and Labour hasn't said sorry for...oh wait a minute I have thought of another thing...Iraq!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here