Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Coalition f*cking it up ?.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
However, I do appreciate that it is hard on savers when the interest they're receiving is so small, though the blow is lessened by low inflation.

So where exactly is that then? Been above the government targets for 18 months now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As someone living on a tiny income, with a flexible rate mortgage, Thank Goodness for the low interest rate; I'm paying a third of the amount per month that I was paying a couple of years ago. A return to that level would be devastating for me and, I'd imagine, millions of others. I can remember the horrendously high interest rates of the early eighties and how damaging to business they were. However, I do appreciate that it is hard on savers when the interest they're receiving is so small, though the blow is lessened by low inflation.

But you still managed to pay the mortgage when it was at a normal level 2 years ago, this is my exact point, people are now used to paying nothing on their mortgage and it is very bad long term as people generally will adapt their lifestyles according to the new unrealistic low levels of payment.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
After 3 annus horribilus years ...

Ouch. If you're going to quote Latin, then you should get it right. You don't need annus and year, they mean the same thing, and 3 takes a plural, so it's 3 anni horribiles - or why not just three horrible years?

I'd have thought you'd want house prices to come down - the cheaper they are, the more people buy them; the more people buy, you have more chance to earn commission. Admittedly, you'd get less commission per sale but I'm sure you'd rather have the market moving again.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
I fear we are on the brink of a massive double dip recession. Growth was 0.1% and the 1.2% first 1/4's and I fear growth with be much reduced and possibly back in recession for the 3rd quarter but certainly by the 4th quarter.

On a selfish point of view this government have done the square root of f*** all for my profession when I had high hopes. They have abolished the FSA from 2012 but will just staff the new organisation with the same people so no change. They even gave the top gig to serial loser Hector Sants who oversaw the shambolic FSA from 2004.

Property prices are on the edge of a precipice. Unless something happens and very soon we could see a huge property crash and property being brought by wealthy landlords and a whole generation of young and middle aged people renting from fat cat landlords for decades.

New jobs are not being created. The savage cuts which have to be done will mean the country in recession or near recession for 5 years at least.

I am serious worried. The coalition have done precisely diddly squat from what I can see and are proving a major dissapointment.

After 3 annus horribilus years there is still no light at the end of the tunnel. The signs are not good.

How do people see things panning out from now until 2015 ?.

The writing was on the wall for your profession two years ago and you should have got out then.

As for a double dip recession it won't happen, but people are going to have to get used to slow growth for the foreseeable future, and as for intrest rates i am expecting them to start going up in the spring of next year [America end of this year].

Dandyman

In London village.
I fear we are on the brink of a massive double dip recession. Growth was 0.1% and the 1.2% first 1/4's and I fear growth with be much reduced and possibly back in recession for the 3rd quarter but certainly by the 4th quarter.

On a selfish point of view this government have done the square root of f*** all for my profession when I had high hopes. They have abolished the FSA from 2012 but will just staff the new organisation with the same people so no change. They even gave the top gig to serial loser Hector Sants who oversaw the shambolic FSA from 2004.

Property prices are on the edge of a precipice. Unless something happens and very soon we could see a huge property crash and property being brought by wealthy landlords and a whole generation of young and middle aged people renting from fat cat landlords for decades.

New jobs are not being created. The savage cuts which have to be done will mean the country in recession or near recession for 5 years at least.

I am serious worried. The coalition have done precisely diddly squat from what I can see and are proving a major dissapointment.

After 3 annus horribilus years there is still no light at the end of the tunnel. The signs are not good.

How do people see things panning out from now until 2015 ?.

I think that is the first time I've agreed with one of your posts (with the exception of ever thinking CMD and his LibDem Fag would be anything other than a nightmare).

If this lot stay in power this country is for very very bad times IMO.

Dandyman

In London village.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Vintage day for the coalition yesterday; disarray over tuition fees with some of the Lib Dems actually sticking to their manifesto and coming out against raising them, Clegg begging everyone to forget about the manifesto and agree to raise them so he can keep his hand down Camerons pants for a bit longer and others taking the more traditional liberal line and saying that they didnt know what to do.

Added to this a decent performance by Milliband in the commons and the continued mess of the child benefit fiasco.

Keep it up boys!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You just have to humour him:thumbsup:

Well clearly the 0.5% interest rates for 19 months have worked haven't they Mr Clever. NOT. Also the reasons I have given but you have not understood probably.

Because they don't reflect the real economy.

But none of the economic indicators support this doom and gloom outlook either. In Q2 output grew by 1.2% (quarter on quarter) and household spending grew by 0.7%. Consumer and business confidence are falling but to nowhere near the levels seen in 2008, and in fact the confidence amongst manufacturers is on the increase. Export levels are up and global trade is picking up.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Vintage day for the coalition yesterday; disarray over tuition fees with some of the Lib Dems actually sticking to their manifesto and coming out against raising them, Clegg begging everyone to forget about the manifesto and agree to raise them so he can keep his hand down Camerons pants for a bit longer and others taking the more traditional liberal line and saying that they didnt know what to do.

Added to this a decent performance by Milliband in the commons and the continued mess of the child benefit fiasco.

Keep it up boys!

Whilst there's no denying the last government made mistakes, would the Conservatives or the Lib Dems have changed the way the economy was handled? no, Thatcher & Major didn't in the 80's & 90's and they wouldn't have done in the 00's.

All you're going to hear over the next 5-10 years is that this is all the last Labour government's fault, when this is not true. Yes, they made mistakes but at least they've been big enough to admit it.

Osborne and his chumps have already made 3-4 big errors with the economy in the short period they've been in charge and yet, all they'll do is blame it on the last government, when it's clear that their ridiculous plans to cut everything is the real reason why this country will enter recession again in the early new year.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Whilst there's no denying the last government made mistakes, would the Conservatives or the Lib Dems have changed the way the economy was handled? no, Thatcher & Major didn't in the 80's & 90's and they wouldn't have done in the 00's.

All you're going to hear over the next 5-10 years is that this is all the last Labour government's fault, when this is not true. Yes, they made mistakes but at least they've been big enough to admit it.

Osborne and his chumps have already made 3-4 big errors with the economy in the short period they've been in charge and yet, all they'll do is blame it on the last government, when it's clear that their ridiculous plans to cut everything is the real reason why this country will enter recession again in the early new year.

But it is the last Labour government's fault, and that will be as true in four years time as it is now. If I burned your house down today, I'd still be guilty of having burned your house down four years from now; though presumably you'd have built another one by then, and I hope The Coalition will have cleaned up much of Labour's mess by 2015.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here