Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Coalition f*cking it up ?.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Cuts - You aint seen nuthin yet!

1M more unemployed soon.

i will be intersting how the left react if the cuts are not so deep as feared, or as many jobs lost as feared. in fact, considering the costs of making redundancies in the public sector, i reckon we will all be pleasantly surprised how relativly few there will be over all, and they'll be deferred over the next 3-4 years. if you hadnt noticed in the past week or so several announcments have reigned in expected cuts, its all been stage managed.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
No, because I'm just a thickie, and you are a very clever person who sells mortgages.

Difference is in my business I make a very very comfortable living, whereas in yours, you sell things to people who are too lazy or scared to source them on their own. But then its me thats thick!!

I could blind you with gargon about importing and exporting, and use words to tie you up, but in realiaity its very simple what I do, abit like mortgages. It just take a bit of common sense. It's just if you make it sound too simple, then even those with a doubt, wouldn't give you the time of day.

You like to make things sounds far worse and more confusing than they actually are, just to justifty your position in life.

As I've said before, your profession in my eyes is a complete waste of time and effort. You may as well pay someone to go Tescos and do your food shopping for you. Shopping for a mortage is as easy as buying a loaf of bread these days ... if you can afford to pay for it. And as people wise up to that fact they don't need your type anymore you struggle and bitch and whine about it.

Go an get a real job, that doesnt pray on the peoples worries and concerns. You are obviosuly not that clued up on things, otherwise you would hae got a new job years ago, like a lot of others in your "profession" have.

Bottom line is Uncle Speilly. if you can afford a mortgage, its very very very easy to get one, no matter what you might like to put across. I found one within a day of looking, and got a mortgage that even a all off market advisor could not get close too. And I done that all on my little own, despite constantly being told by you I have no idea what I'm talking about.:facepalm:

Mortgage Advisors/brookes or whatever else you like to be known by, were only needed when people needed to go "through the back door" to get fnance. Now the major lenders have tighten up the rules on who they lend too, ie those that can afford to pay it back, and stoped taking the word of someone that is on a commission to sell their money, it's no wonder people don't need "financial advise" anymore, because if you can afford it, you can get it. If you can't afford a mortgage, you shouldn't be getting one. I can't afford a million pound house (yet) so I dont have one. I've brought a property I can afford, and can continue to afford if the rates rise. It's simple really. I can't afford a Bentley (yet) so I dont drive one. I could go out tomorrow and buy on on finance if I wanted too, but would probably go bust in the long term. Certainly afford it comforbably, so choose not to have one

Anyway, I thought you were selling Solar Power to people now, or did you discover that was another fly-by-night con job?

Very harsh Mr. Burns.

But absolutely (in my opinion) the crux of the matter. The whining about the massive job losses are a sad but inevitable consequence of a false economy driven by a government that have certain ingrained beliefs about the way a society should run.

and it is easy to despise the 'toffs' as someone on here called them trying to make out it is the nasty upper-class Tories picking on poor old working class man.

Not true - quangos generate nothing and cost huge amounts. For you Uncle Spielberg it is a nasty truth - the same as when i was a money broker a few years ago - there was, with an increasingly, regulated market absolutely no value in the services I offered.

I could:

a - carry on in that job, earn no money and tell everyone that its all going tits up

or

b - re-train at nightschool, take classes to gain certain accreditations in an industry where there was a scalable and sustailnable value that the paricular profession of my choice could deliver in this market or a healthy one.

They say the truth hursts - and the reason so many people are squawking at this government is that their culture of self-entitlment is coming to an end and the culture of buy now pay later is f***ed. So for those who lack the ability to service their debts or out-goings they cant admit to themselves that they just over f***ing spent.

Like Labour did.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Are the coalition f***ing it up? No.

1. They couldn't do any worse than Brown - it simply wasn't possible.
2. FTSE up, stable inflation and interest rates, no evidence of any regression since the election.
3. Brown and Clegg still talking. A lot of commentators thought the coalition would have broken up by now, which it hasn't.

Of course the cuts in the Pre-Budget speech and the 2.5% increase in VAT rates are key. Importantly, income tax and corporation tax rates remain broadly the same as before (still relatively low levels when compared with previous decades) so the conditions are there to support economic growth.

I think if we do go back into recession the most likely reason will be because of the doom-mongers TALKING us back into it.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
i will be intersting how the left react if the cuts are not so deep as feared, or as many jobs lost as feared. in fact, considering the costs of making redundancies in the public sector, i reckon we will all be pleasantly surprised how relativly few there will be over all, and they'll be deferred over the next 3-4 years. if you hadnt noticed in the past week or so several announcments have reigned in expected cuts, its all been stage managed.

Its not the cuts in the Public sector thats concerning me (but they will be bad) its the cuts in the Private sector that are coming up that is going to be bad!!

I understand lots of companies are going to lay off staff after crimbo - hope not but thats what the scarey bit is.

And there is rumbles of another bank crisis.

I think thats why the coalition are doing U turns over public spending cuts.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Are the coalition f***ing it up? No.

1. They couldn't do any worse than Brown - it simply wasn't possible.
2. FTSE up, stable inflation and interest rates, no evidence of any regression since the election.
3. Brown and Clegg still talking. A lot of commentators thought the coalition would have broken up by now, which it hasn't.

Of course the cuts in the Pre-Budget speech and the 2.5% increase in VAT rates are key. Importantly, income tax and corporation tax rates remain broadly the same as before (still relatively low levels when compared with previous decades) so the conditions are there to support economic growth.

I think if we do go back into recession the most likely reason will be because of the doom-mongers TALKING us back into it.

The Ftse is up because there is no where else to put your money except gold.

The vat increase is going to kill the building trade after xmas ( but its busy now!)

The coalition are only still talking because if they break up now they will look bigger fools than they already are.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Its not the cuts in the Public sector thats concerning me (but they will be bad) its the cuts in the Private sector that are coming up that is going to be bad!!

I understand lots of companies are going to lay off staff after crimbo - hope not but thats what the scarey bit is.

Really? Where did you hear this? Or is it purely anecdotal?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

and this information is from where? do you know people in that have been told, or managment planning this (across how many companies)?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

And there is rumbles of another bank crisis.

I think thats why the coalition are doing U turns over public spending cuts.

And a comet might smash into the earth tomorrow, or aliens may land and take control or a nuclear bomb may go off by accident and an earthquake is due to hit London anytime (well according to some bs I read the other day).

These are all mights/mights/mights, they might but they also might not happen. It is utter conjecture by you based on your own political leanings.

The only thing that the majority of sensible people know is that something has got to be done about a fcuking enormous debt that is left over after 13 years of Labour rule, because basically they have spent money that the country does not have and now like any sensible government (and individual for that matter) (y)our outgoings need to be reduced.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
And a comet might smash into the earth tomorrow, or aliens may land and take control or a nuclear bomb may go off by accident and an earthquake is due to hit London anytime (well according to some bs I read the other day).

These are all mights/mights/mights, they might but they also might not happen. It is utter conjecture by you based on your own political leanings.

The only thing that the majority of sensible people know is that something has got to be done about a fcuking enormous debt that is left over after 13 years of Labour rule, because basically they have spent money that the country does not have and now like any sensible government (and individual for that matter) (y)our outgoings need to be reduced.

This is, of course, the correct answer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I fear we are on the brink of a massive double dip recession. Growth was 0.1% and the 1.2% first 1/4's and I fear growth with be much reduced and possibly back in recession for the 3rd quarter but certainly by the 4th quarter.

On a selfish point of view this government have done the square root of f*** all for my profession when I had high hopes. They have abolished the FSA from 2012 but will just staff the new organisation with the same people so no change. They even gave the top gig to serial loser Hector Sants who oversaw the shambolic FSA from 2004.

Property prices are on the edge of a precipice. Unless something happens and very soon we could see a huge property crash and property being brought by wealthy landlords and a whole generation of young and middle aged people renting from fat cat landlords for decades.

New jobs are not being created. The savage cuts which have to be done will mean the country in recession or near recession for 5 years at least.

I am serious worried. The coalition have done precisely diddly squat from what I can see and are proving a major dissapointment.

After 3 annus horribilus years there is still no light at the end of the tunnel. The signs are not good.

How do people see things panning out from now until 2015 ?.
I can't be arsed to go into another political debate, we all know where we all stand.

I will say this though: I am incredulous that you ever believed this government was ever going to do something about your "profession" going down the khazi! Everybody on this board has told you for the past 3 years that you might be better off looking to do something else, and yet here you are whining on about it. I'm afraid that lower houseprices are in the national interest, and most people simply don't need mortgage brokers to set up a mortgage any more.

One other thing, I used to work directly for Hector Sants when I was at CSFB about 10 years ago. He was anything but a loser back then, and quite a nice bloke actually, so it's a bit rich you of all people calling him a serial loser!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't be arsed to go into another political debate, we all know where we all stand.

I will say this though: I am incredulous that you ever believed this government was ever going to do something about your "profession" going down the khazi! Everybody on this board has told you for the past 3 years that you might be better off looking to do something else, and yet here you are whining on about it. I'm afraid that lower houseprices are in the national interest, and most people simply don't need mortgage brokers to set up a mortgage any more.

One other thing, I used to work directly for Hector Sants when I was at CSFB about 10 years ago. He was anything but a loser back then, and quite a nice bloke actually, so it's a bit rich you of all people calling him a serial loser!

Me of all people. Yep your right Simeon I am a loser. If only I were more like you. I have a photo of you on my bedroom wall and EVERYDAY I wake up and look at your photo as my inspiration. I say to myself " don't give up Gareth, one day, maybe one day you can be like Simeon and as successful as Simeon ". I still haven't lost that hope and thats what keeps me going really.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Me of all people. Yep your right Simeon I am a loser. If only I were more like you. I have a photo of you on my bedroom wall and EVERYDAY I wake up and look at your photo as my inspiration. I say to myself " don't give up Gareth, one day, maybe one day you can be like Simeon and as successful as Simeon ". I still haven't lost that hope and thats what keeps me going really.
Boo hoo, people don't use mortgage brokers any more. Get the f*** over it.

Absolutely laughable that you even considered for one minute that another government was going to change this state of affairs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At the end of the day if the media want to bash the new government and erode confidence we've got f*** all chance of avoiding a double-dip. If, on the other hand, they lay off and give them a chance we might just get out of this mess.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
At the end of the day if the media want to bash the new government and erode confidence we've got f*** all chance of avoiding a double-dip. If, on the other hand, they lay off and give them a chance we might just get out of this mess.

Yeah nasty media. If only they had someone like Rupert Murdoch to make their case for them.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Crikey - has Alistair Campbell switched sides?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here