Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Coalition f*cking it up ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Yoda

English & European
I fear we are on the brink of a massive double dip recession. Growth was 0.1% and the 1.2% first 1/4's and I fear growth with be much reduced and possibly back in recession for the 3rd quarter but certainly by the 4th quarter.

On a selfish point of view this government have done the square root of f*** all for my profession when I had high hopes. They have abolished the FSA from 2012 but will just staff the new organisation with the same people so no change. They even gave the top gig to serial loser Hector Sants who oversaw the shambolic FSA from 2004.

Property prices are on the edge of a precipice. Unless something happens and very soon we could see a huge property crash and property being brought by wealthy landlords and a whole generation of young and middle aged people renting from fat cat landlords for decades.

New jobs are not being created. The savage cuts which have to be done will mean the country in recession or near recession for 5 years at least.

I am serious worried. The coalition have done precisely diddly squat from what I can see and are proving a major dissapointment.

After 3 annus horribilus years there is still no light at the end of the tunnel. The signs are not good.

How do people see things panning out from now until 2015 ?.

IMO Yes!

The debt situation can be improved through 3 ways.
1)Economic Expansion which improves Tax Revenues and reduces spending on benefits like Job Seekers Allowance.
2)Improved performance of banks increases prospect of regaining financial sector intervention.
3)Government Spending cuts and tax rises (e.g. VAT) which improve public finances.

However, there is also a danger spending cuts could reduce economic growth and therefore hamper attempts to improve tax revenues, which is ALL this government seem to be doing and focused.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you admit you wanted a miracle but thought it would be worth mentioning (yet again) that you did hope they'd do something for poor old you? Do bore off.

And no, YOU mentioned your predicament. Very first post. "Selfish I was hoping blah blah blah mortgages blah blah house prices etc etc"

Still, you got your way. You hoped I'd been through a shit time and you were right.

Does the person proved to have had a shittier time get a free BHAFC ticket or something ?.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Are the Coalition f*cking it up ?.

Rich? = No

Middle Class? = You're gonna have to start using any savings you made while the going was good.

Poor? = f***ed in the arse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does the person proved to have had a shittier time get a free BHAFC ticket or something ?.
Why are you being all chummy? Half an hour ago I was the devil incarnate for pointing out how boring your self pity sounds. Now it transpires that I was in a position worse than yours but didn't bore everyone for three years and instead did something about it; and you're making out it was all a joke.

Can't you just stick to your guns Gareth? I said your self pity over three years is now getting absurd, you said you hoped I'd go through a shit time of it and luckily for you, I have done. That's the bottom line.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why are you being all chummy? Half an hour ago I was the devil incarnate for pointing out how boring your self pity sounds. Now it transpires that I was in a position worse than yours but didn't bore everyone for three years and instead did something about it; and you're making out it was all a joke.

Can't you just stick to your guns Gareth? I said your self pity over three years is now getting absurd, you said you hoped I'd go through a shit time of it and luckily for you, I have done. That's the bottom line.

No point in comparing notes but I can guarantee my situation has been far worse than what you have been though. But do not rewrite history you are the one who told me to f***ing get over it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No point in comparing notes but I can guarantee my situation has been far worse than what you have been though. But do not rewrite history you are the one who told me to f***ing get over it.

I think comparing notes is ESSENTIAL to bring this episode to a satisfactory conclusion.

And then, of course, NSC will judge on who has had it worse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm afraid I've already laid all my cards out on the table, Bozza. I think what makes it most horrendous is the FRIGHTFUL ribbing from the likes of you about my non-Albion attendance.

Stacked up against US's terrible misfortune (he has only had half a decade to realise mortgage brokering might not have much of a future), I don't think I stand a chance. :(

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'm afraid I've already laid all my cards out on the table, Bozza. I think what makes it most horrendous is the FRIGHTFUL ribbing from the likes of you about my non-Albion attendance.

Stacked up against US's terrible misfortune (he has only had half a decade to realise mortgage brokering might not have much of a future), I don't think I stand a chance. :(

I was in new housing development for pretty much most of my life, until about 2.5 years ago I never thought it would collapse in the way it has done, I always knew things were going to tighten up, as they have done before, but to this extent I doubt anyone ever thought it would get like this, and I have lived through 2 biggish recessions before.

Should I have realised that my whole career path was a waste of time and had no future in it? one thing I have realised, I will never work in that industry again as my age goes against me, and as for other options, all prospective employers do is look at my CV and say, why do you want to do ????? when all you know is construction, and that applys to all the mundane jobs on offer.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

:(

Indeed it was.............SHAMEFUL

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was in new housing development for pretty much most of my life, until about 2.5 years ago I never thought it would collapse in the way it has done, I always knew things were going to tighten up, as they have done before, but to this extent I doubt anyone ever thought it would get like this, and I have lived through 2 biggish recessions before.

Should I have realised that my whole career path was a waste of time and had no future in it? one thing I have realised, I will never work in that industry again as my age goes against me, and as for other options, all prospective employers do is look at my CV and say, why do you want to do ????? when all you know is construction, and that applys to all the mundane jobs on offer.
You do have my sympathies, Tony. It's horrible being out of work, and must be more so when you reach a point where you feel your age goes against you. But the simple fact is that you're not on here talking as if your own unfortunate situation is completely hopeless and somebody else's fault, time and time again, interjected with massive doses of self pity.

Indeed it was.............SHAMEFUL

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Isn't it a bit early to tell? They've been in power 5 months and have effected some bold plans to cut the defecit, however I don't think the effects (positive or negative) are going to really hit home for a while yet. I've never been a
Tory supporter, but in retrospect I'm quite glad labour lost the GE.

Me too but I declare an interest.

I just had an argument with A labour suporter this lunchtime, she voted Lib Dem in May for the first time because she likes Norman Baker - some people do - but now feels betrayed by people like Cable.

I said to her :

A) we have only been in power 5 moths; after 13 years Labour were still trying to blame the Tories for the mess we are still in.

B) Labour are trying disinherit the whole mantra of "New Labour" but does that mean Clause 4 will be restored? I think not. Ed Miliband has as much working-class background as David Cameron by the sound of him, an effete and affected peevish accent.

C) Where Ed will gain - and is making full weight of that - is that unlike his bro and most of the Labour heirachy he claims he was against the Iraq invasion. But what about Afghanistan?

D) A Lib-Lab coalition was impossible, the numbers didn't add up. When the LD's went with the Tories we had 56, they had I think 290 odd. By any mathematics that means we had less than 20% of the power. So we are lucky to get far more than 20% of the influence.

E) Every party makes pre-election promises it can't keep. Prescott pledged to renationalise the railways.

F)A lot of us "rejoiced" that the Tories lost in 1997, at that time it was broadly thought, hoped even, that there would be a Lib-Lab coalition. Paddy Ashdown certainly planned for it.

Etc etc...

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
You do have my sympathies, Tony. It's horrible being out of work, and must be more so when you reach a point where you feel your age goes against you. But the simple fact is that you're not on here talking as if your own unfortunate situation is completely hopeless and somebody else's fault, time and time again, interjected with massive doses of self pity.

Problem is, there are many many people in my position, not just related to the housing / finance industrys as well.
You are right, I will not pour out my issues related to lack of work ect on here, as basically there is no point, I will and will continue to comment now and again on threads like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here