Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Coalition f*cking it up ?.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm not sure, but there's a conga line of bears heading through my back yard, each with a toilet roll in his paws, heading for the woods...

And if I see the Pope at shul tomorrow, I'll let you know -- though I don't expect it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What you Labour apologists don't seem to understand is that 12 years of dire management could only be followed by such frugal measures to get the economy back on track. We are all paying the price for Blair and Brown's profligate spending. No sector of society is immune from the errors of the last decade.
Until and unless we get the £ right and our excessive public sector spending under full control we will never ever see a recovery. Stick with it and see where we are in 5 years.
What we do need now are technology and business start up tax breaks to really get the private sector engine working and generating wealth the tax revenues from which can be spent on affordable public sector projects.
Very simple unless you want to print money willy-nilly like the last lot did!
A bit like our household spending, if you ain't got the money you can't afford it and don't buy it!

TNBA

TTF

I'll give you a sector in society that won't be affected, the bankers! Philip Green is another who thinks the public sector should be run like one organisation, ie all the paper supplied by one supplier etc etc but this comes from a man who evades tax to the tune of quarter of billion! Another sector that won't be affected is Cameron et al. Their catchphrase would be more appropriately 'your all in it together and we're watching from the sidelines (very probably enjoying a bit of hospitality thrown in).'

I'm not sure, but there's a conga line of bears heading through my back yard, each with a toilet roll in his paws, heading for the woods...

And if I see the Pope at shul tomorrow, I'll let you know -- though I don't expect it.

Oh my aching sides.

Seeing as you seem to think one nation conservatism died with Disraeli I hope you don't mind if I file whatever political opinions you have under B for Bullshit.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You may file it under UOLB -- Unrepentant Old Labour Bullshit, if you'd like.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Every thread has the same purile sh1te about how my career has gone wrong and someone please help me even now to the point where the mis-guided belief was the Government will personally help me.

Shit happens and just for once get up of your arse, smell the beans and do something positive like change your job, your profession you chose has moved on and there are a huge load of companies taking over your niche market.

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Its not the cuts in the Public sector thats concerning me (but they will be bad) its the cuts in the Private sector that are coming up that is going to be bad!!

I understand lots of companies are going to lay off staff after crimbo - hope not but thats what the scarey bit is.

And there is rumbles of another bank crisis.
I think thats why the coalition are doing U turns over public spending cuts.

Is this the sort of thing you were thinking of?

Gonzalo Lira On The Second Leg Down Of America's Death Spiral
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gonzalo-lira-second-leg-down-americas-death-spiral

Stumpy Tim

Every thread has the same purile sh1te about how my career has gone wrong and someone please help me even now to the point where the mis-guided belief was the Government will personally help me.

Shit happens and just for once get up of your arse, smell the beans and do something positive like change your job, your profession you chose has moved on and there are a huge load of companies taking over your niche market.

This. Don't forget the usual tack of slagging someone off for telling him like it is, before apologising 5 minutes later.

He really should get banned for his constant shit

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Property prices are on the edge of a precipice. Unless something happens and very soon we could see a huge property crash and property being brought by wealthy landlords and a whole generation of young and middle aged people renting from fat cat landlords for decades.

Do you ever read what you've written before you hit that Submit Reply button ??

Surely , a huge property crash would result in these "wealthy landlords" becoming very "unwealthy landords" . Resulting in the distinct possability that this "whole generation of young and middle aged people" might thus be in a position to become buyers of the now "ex-wealthy landords" distressed property sales ...

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Do you ever read what you've written before you hit that Submit Reply button ??

Surely , a huge property crash would result in these "wealthy landlords" becoming very "unwealthy landords" . Resulting in the distinct possability that this "whole generation of young and middle aged people" might thus be in a position to become buyers of the now "ex-wealthy landords" distressed property sales ...

Thats a bit unfair - he arranges mortgages whats that got to do the property market?:whistle::wozza:

larus

The difference is you want the property market and the country to go bankrupt. I do not.

Oh my god. Talk about hearing what you want to hear - perhaps you should be female.

There's a HUGE difference between realising that House Prices rising above the rate of inflation year after year is not a good thing and wanting the housing market and country to go bankrupt.

Another US complete over-reaction. I realise that your profession is going through tough times and for that you have my sympathy.

The other side of the argument about spending more is that if as a country we'd carried on spending (as per Ed Balls/GB), we would have lost the confidence of the markets (the people who buy our government debt), and interest rates would have risen. Then the interest rates which we would be paying back on the debt would be much higher.

I think by 2014, the interest repayments on our debt will be more than is spent on Defence and Education combined (something like that anyway....).

It's not always easy to do the right thaing, as the right thing is not usually the popular thing. Shame that Labour can't learn that!!!!

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
US I think your predicament is little to do with the economy more to do with the rapacious nature of the lenders who, having f***ed up, have gone back to basics ripping off their customers to build their bonuses and reserves again.

I have been looking to remortgage and yes I did use a broker but everything out there is just not good value value over the medium to long term.

I have decided to just sit thight and hope to get a deal at the right time before base rates go up.

For the record I was looking to fix for 5-10 years I was ok with losing a little in early years paying more than base but was hoping to more than make that back by being fixed below where I expect interest rates to go.

Stumpy Tim

US I think your predicament is little to do with the economy more to do with the rapacious nature of the lenders

No. It's more to do with him being a self-pitying dullard who has nothing better to do than blame everything wrong in his life on everyone else. And anyone who says so is a "nasty piece of work". Apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here