Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren signed on two year deal

optimus prime

Aug 5, 2010
I did look for highlights on youtube, can't find the goals but I think I found Calderon's youtube abcount.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kalderon14

:lolol:

If you're looking for Casper at his best, look for Doncaster Vs Leeds in the L1 play off final 2008. I remember he played a blinder that day & if it wasn't for his efforts Doncaster would have totally mullared Leeds.

Also IIRC he made a couple of decent saves against EPL opposition in the CUP game against MUFC this january. A late save against Owen springs to mind.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunno why Brezovan is getting so much stick all of a sudden - 12 clean sheets in 25-odd games is none too shabby. And show me a keeper that DOESN'T drop the odd clanger here and there, and I'll point out that he's not playing in the 3rd Divison.

Ankergren is a great signing, and I'm perfectly happy to have Brez there as very capable backup.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Our players are human. All of them will make mistakes over the course of the season. Going forward those mistakes can cost us the chance of scoring, defending they can cost us a goal conceded. Every player can cost us a goal - not closing down, losing possession, being out of position, etc.

As a team we have to cope with the mistakes and not make so many they cost us the game. It isn't all about luck.

It wasn't luck that Murray scored four goals v Wycombe. It wasn't luck that we were 2-0 up v charlton when an arguable mistake happened.

All we can ask is that when a mistake is made it doesn't cost us the game, either by making up for them (saving the penalty you concede, scoring to make up for the one you cost/missed, or stepping your game up so that the team improves), or making them only when we're far enough in front that it doesn't make a difference.

Going from costing us matches to costing us goals, then dismissing the cost of the errors (i.e. results of the games) as irrelevant/down to luck just sounds like your desperate to criticise him regardless.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Dunno why Brezovan is getting so much stick all of a sudden - 13 clean sheets in 25-odd games is none too shabby. And show me a keeper that DOESN'T drop the odd clanger here and there, and I'll point out that he's not playing in the 3rd Divison.

Ankergren is a great signing, and I'm perfectly happy to have Brez there as very capable backup.

In the same "shocking Brighton defence" that TCB was on about no less. :whistle:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ankergren AND Brezovan are both better and more reliable keepers than Kuipers. Anyone declaring otherwise, is:

a. being mischeivous

b. thick

c. stuck in 2004, back when Kuipers really WAS a great keeper.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Good signing. We now have 2 proven keepers for this level. It's a shame for Poke but Poyet isn't messing around and you've got to admire his honesty.

Maybe Poke will get some match time in the cups.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Our players are human. All of them will make mistakes over the course of the season. Going forward those mistakes can cost us the chance of scoring, defending they can cost us a goal conceded. Every player can cost us a goal - not closing down, losing possession, being out of position, etc.

As a team we have to cope with the mistakes and not make so many they cost us the game. It isn't all about luck.

It wasn't luck that Murray scored four goals v Wycombe. It wasn't luck that we were 2-0 up v charlton when an arguable mistake happened.

All we can ask is that when a mistake is made it doesn't cost us the game, either by making up for them (saving the penalty you concede, scoring to make up for the one you cost/missed, or stepping your game up so that the team improves), or making them only when we're far enough in front that it doesn't make a difference.

Going from costing us matches to costing us goals, then dismissing the cost of the errors (i.e. results of the games) as irrelevant/down to luck just sounds like your desperate to criticise him regardless.

Haven't you had this debate with him on numerous occasions whilst airing your statistics last season on goalkeepers?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009

Too sensible.

Nurse!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its ok. TCB didnt even make the Kuipers appreciation evening!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the same "shocking Brighton defence" that TCB was on about no less. :whistle:

Well, it WAS shocking in the first half of the season (I watched that first half of the season DVD through my fingers). But Brezovan was a big part of a VASTLY improved defence from the turn of the year. Of course there was the odd cock-up along the way, as will be the case with every keeper at this level, but I have no qualms about him donning the gloves for us. I'm just even more pleased to have him as decent backup to experienced quality like Ankergren.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Well, it WAS shocking in the first half of the season (I watched that first half of the season DVD through my fingers). But Brezovan was a big part of a VASTLY improved defence from the turn of the year. Of course there was the odd cock-up along the way, as will be the case with every keeper at this level, but I have no qualms about him donning the gloves for us. I'm just even more pleased to have him as decent backup to experienced quality like Ankergren.

Agreed.

I attribute part of the improvement to Brezovan though. He communicates a lot better with the defence than merely shouting "AWAY" "AWAY"!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
can't see poke ever playing for the first team.

good signing though. i don't rate breadvan, mitch is a bit young at the moment, and the poke signing seemed a bit odd at the time.

the team is now REALLY coming together.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Haven't you had this debate with him on numerous occasions whilst airing your statistics last season on goalkeepers?

I honestly don't remember. I know I had a discussion about giving smith a chance (early on in his reign, and perhaps another chance later in the season after the team had found form) with clivewalkersomething, which he took as me arguing he was a better keeper than Kuipers. But I tend to put most discussions on here out of my mind when they're over.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Kuipers was past it, get over it. We have a new keeper now who played for one of the best clubs in the division. It makes sense.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Attachments

• Calde.jpg
    Calde.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 295

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here