Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Cracking signing, that's one of our 3 weak spots sorted

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Ron was a decent keeper for Leeds, but he was out of contract and Shane Higgs had a year left, hence he went.

Higgs was first choice as well (I know Ankergren played half of last year, but that was only due to Higgs getting injured).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How many times last season did his mistakes cost us the match? The big errors he made I can think of are against Exeter (gave away a penalty) we won 1-0 after he saved said penalty. Another was against Wycombe where he had a bit of a poor first half, to put it mildly, and we went on to win 5-2. I know some peopleblame him for Adam Virgo needlessly getting sent off. I emphasise needlessly because as poor and rash as Brezovan's throw out was, the player that collected it was going nowhere, was no danger and it was Virgo's own decisions to lunge in like he did and imo he has no one to blame but himself. And that game ended 1-1.

So, in which games did Brezovan make these "way too many" mistakes that "cost us the game"?
Did we lose 2 points because of his error vs Carlisle? Most of his other errors didn't cost us, but that's just pure luck. He made at least four of five calamatous errors in half a season's worth of games, that will cost you in the end.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ankergren's record at Leeds

P 142 W 75 D 34 L 33

Clean Sheets 51

Can't argue with the stats TCB.... what did Kuiper have just out of interest?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Charlton one was probably the right decision to make, but Burton got in just ahead of him. If he hadn't come, Burton would, more than likely, have scored anyway.
Not sure about that, as I recall he had at least one covering defender, and was at least 6 yards outside his box.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Interesting signing - I would have said we would sign a striker today if anyone at all. A good addition though and as Gus says if he isn't 100% confident with either Poke or Walker then he had to get someone in.

It also makes me more relaxed about the striker issue - if Gus is happy with what we have then so am I.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
From memory, although hazy, I'm pretty sure that El-Abd and Elphick were beaten and Burton was ahead of them. This was on the edge of the penalty area and the ball would bounce down nicely to crack it in the net.

I saw it from side on (as I was in the home section), but can't recall seeing highlights of the incident.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Pretty shocked by this i.e. day before league opener and new keeper thrown straight in. Not an ideal start to getting a settled back line, but with Greer out we weren't going to be starting with a full strength back line anyway.

Think he'll be pretty solid across the season but do worry about tomorrow.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
having had the luxury of reading Gus' comments on the club website first it all makes perfect sense to me....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The bloke is an ever present in a team that finished top 6 x 2 and then 2nd in THIS division.

Amazing that this can be moaned about

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
From memory, although hazy, I'm pretty sure that El-Abd and Elphick were beaten and Burton was ahead of them. This was on the edge of the penalty area and the ball would bounce down nicely to crack it in the net.

I saw it from side on (as I was in the home section), but can't recall seeing highlights of the incident.
I did look for highlights on youtube, can't find the goals but I think I found Calderon's youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kalderon14

:lolol:

Last edited:

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
Poke obviously wasnt flair enough, great signing, with him and breadvan we look much stronger in that department!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's not Kuipers so for some he will be useless.

They will be saying the same thing in 10 years time.

Sad

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
What about all the Hundreds off chances that strikers and midfielders cost us last year by not being able to finish?

We should all just face the fact that TCB wont be happy unless it is FDM that plays.

We now have 2 really good keepers for this level that will make mistakes. ALL keepers make mistakes. Anyone remember what Green did this summer? and he plays for England.

Sorry TCB but you are being far to critical to a player who hasn't even set foot on a field in Albion colours and who was actually very very good at Leeds when Poyet was there.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here