Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren signed on two year deal

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Due to, at the time, living a mere 265 miles from B&H!! I can take any criticism anyone wants to waste their time posting, but don't knock my admiration and devotion to that man!

Sadly your admiration and devotion of an over the hill conference player seems to outweigh your love of the Albion. Maybe you could follow him to Crawley and leave the rest of us to have sensible debates about the actual merits of players.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Due to, at the time, living a mere 265 miles from B&H!! I can take any criticism anyone wants to waste their time posting, but don't knock my admiration and devotion to that man!

El Pres drove down from Manchester and back...thats admiration and appreciation.

Just thought I would mention it like.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What about all the Hundreds off chances that strikers and midfielders cost us last year by not being able to finish?

We should all just face the fact that TCB wont be happy unless it is FDM that plays.

We now have 2 really good keepers for this level that will make mistakes. ALL keepers make mistakes. Anyone remember what Green did this summer? and he plays for England.

Sorry TCB but you are being far to critical to a player who hasn't even set foot on a field in Albion colours and who was actually very very good at Leeds when Poyet was there.

What do the locals think of CA GYM?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It wasn't luck that Murray scored four goals v Wycombe. It wasn't luck that we were 2-0 up v charlton when an arguable mistake happened.

All we can ask is that when a mistake is made it doesn't cost us the game, either by making up for them (saving the penalty you concede, scoring to make up for the one you cost/missed, or stepping your game up so that the team improves), or making them only when we're far enough in front that it doesn't make a difference.

Going from costing us matches to costing us goals, then dismissing the cost of the errors (i.e. results of the games) as irrelevant/down to luck just sounds like your desperate to criticise him regardless.
No it doesn't, it sounds like having an opinion more sophisticated than looking at a number on a piece of paper and saying "they won this match so they all wos good".

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I text my Leeds supporting mate and he said "he is a good shot stopper ut not better then your black lad keeper". black lad keeper, who?

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
What do the locals think of CA GYM?

Ones I work with said that he is possibly one of the best shot stoppers they have seen. (Better than FDM) (thats for TCB) commanding but could be abit flappy at times.

Bit like Brez really:shrug:

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Why is this thread now talking about kuipers??

He's gone, get over it.

As to all this questioning over the signing of Ankergren then my take on it is that Poyet believed Poke or Walker could be READY to challenge for the number one spot earlier on in preseason. But now he doesn't believe they're READY to challenge for the number one spot hence signing a keeper he's a) worked with and b) has a good pedigree.

Doesn't mean that Poke or Walker WON'T make the step up but just not yet.

What;s the fookin problem with that ladies??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Please tell me more about how his work commitments match up with mine....

It called knowing what date it was (as it was announced well in advance) then booking the day off, surely you would have made some effort for your most favourite player? No?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
having had the luxury of reading Gus' comments on the club website first it all makes perfect sense to me....

And me.

Ankergren's arrival means Albion now have four senior keepers, but Poyet feels both Michael Poke and Mitch Walker had the chance to seize the number one spot during pre-season.

"I am certain that Michael Poke and Mitch Walker have great futures ahead of them, which is why we signed them both, but neither of them make me feel 100% safe right now so as a manager you need to make bold decisions.

"At the start of pre-season we saw both as players for the future, with the option to challenge Peter every day, but after Peter's injury we gave them the opportunity over the pre-season period to prove themselves, but I am not 100% convinced.

"However, I always felt it would take an outstanding pre-season, both in training and in matches for either to seize the position.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No it doesn't, it sounds like having an opinion more sophisticated than looking at a number on a piece of paper and saying "they won this match so they all wos good".

I think you misunderstood the last point, it wasn't about being concerned about mistakes. Of course we want to eliminate as many mistakes as possible. But, being human, players will always make mistakes, at every level.

My point with that last paragraph was the progression of the argument:

1-He cost us lots of games!
2-No, he didn't. We won or drew most of the games in which he made mistakes.
1-I meant goals! He cost us goals!!!
2-As will lots of people, this is third division football, and this is a results game and we didn't lose many games because of his errors.
1-Yeah, well, we only won those games because of luck!

See what I mean? When you start off complaining about costing us games, have that point disproved, you go to costing games, having that point argued against it's all about luck, is what sounds like someone is desperate to complain regardless.

As for the "looking at the results" I'm not just looking at results. Although that is the most important aspect for league success, and as such is a very important matter, I'm also looking at responses to mistakes (that thing about saving penalties, scoring to compensate for the one you cost, the whole team improving).

We can't ignore mistakes. I'm not arguing we should. Ignoring the flaws of a team because of winning results will lead to future failures when you face stiffer opposition.

What I'm arguing against is labelling Brezovan a "calamity goalkeeper who cost us too many games", and then desperately clinging to that label when all the evidence is against it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I CANNOT believe people are questioning TCBs ability to make the Kuipers appreciation evening. Why is that anybodys business, f***ing hell.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Got to feel for Poke a bit. Came here on the back of top season for Torquay hoping to battle for the No 1 and without playing a proper game he is now No 3 or worse. Can see him off on loan or permanent before the transfer deadline.

optimus prime

Aug 5, 2010
God knows, apparently anyone vaguely coloured is black to him which is a bit surprising as he lives in Bradford- you would think he's be able to tell the difference.

I live just outside Bradford myself mate, due to move down to Brighton in the next 3-4 months.

I know just the type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here