Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren signed on two year deal

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Well on one hand I'm convinced Brezovan is the weak link in our team, so I'm no opponent to another keeper. However, why we need so many I don't know. What was the point of signing Poke?

Maybe this guy was not an option when we signed Poke? He was on Talksport radio the other evening (the slot where they give out of contract players a chance to sell themselves) and sounded very hopeful of getting a good Club either here or abroad. Maybe his relationship with Gus has meant that his demands have reduced now or something?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im sorry but if I held someone in as high esteem as you do then I would have moved heaven and earth to spend time in their company.

You didnt, thats your choice, but you had a chance to really show your appreciation of the "great man" as you put it.

And for someone who goes way OTT of their myopic "appreciation/adulation/adoration" of a player and to not even attend the event well yes I think it needs mentioning.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Poke and Walker not good enough yet!
GP does not mess about, it does not matter how old you are, if your good enough you play. Quoted last night at the Fans Forum.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Did people realistically expect we could sign someone better than Ankergen?

I haven't seen enough of him to judge, but his calibre suggests he will be good enough.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Apparently he has history with the Swindon fans.

Words were exchanged and he threw a lighter back into the crowd that was thrown at him.

The fire of tomorrow has been stoked that little bit more.

Sorry if already been said but last night Poyet said he didn't want to bring in a new forward at such a late stage as it might unbalance the team.

Now we have a new keeper who hasn't got a clue about how we play or who the rest of the team are and is being put straight into the team - explain that?

Would it have been as big a risk to play Poke and see how he did in a really competitive situation? 4 keepers and 2 not considered good enough - somethings wrong somewhere :glare:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the timing does strike me as a little strange. Had weeks to assess Poke and Walker but only the day before our first game do we get some one new in. Will he even know the names of the back 4? Got no doubt he will be good just the timing strikes me as quite strange

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Now we have a new keeper who hasn't got a clue about how we play or who the rest of the team are and is being put straight into the team - explain that?

Keepers are hardly vital to the flowing midfield movements leading to the goals. He plays in goal, it's a pretty straight forward job, keep the ball out of the net. I'm msure Gus will tell him where he wants the ball distributed after that.

What the f*** is all the moaning about anyway? We've signed a keeper who came in the top 6 twice, then second - in this very league. I for one am delighted.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Keepers are hardly vital to the flowing midfield movements leading to the goals. He plays in goal, it's a pretty straight forward job, keep the ball out of the net. I'm msure Gus will tell him where he wants the ball distributed after that.

What the f*** is all the moaning about anyway? We've signed a keeper who came in the top 6 twice, then second - in this very league. I for one am delighted.

NSC innit

I'm well chuffed

That's a very good point. Please talk me through my holiday entitlement, the end of my holiday year and what commitments I already had....

How about going sick for someone that you idolise?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here