Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren signed on two year deal

chickrun

Sep 13, 2006
surrey
I really cannot see the problem. Poyet has seen a weakness and rectified it. When signing Poke no doubt he was not expecting to start the season with him as number 1. last year we made a massive mistake signing Smith but how many games did it take to realise. the other year we signed Wright only to replace with Bennett. where is Wright now- out of Bristol Rovers i think. these things happy. At some stage we will have a settled squad and at that point we move forward. Obviously the sooner the better. Hopefully we are just a few players short of this.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Poke needs time,but hell there is no time..........that was the gamble !Once again you need to go on loan, some gambles fail ,lets move on !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not wishing to put Poke down but he is 25 in a few months isnt it time he started to show as a competant keeper if he is going to. Perhaps another loan may help but how many times can he go to Div 2 sides like Torquay before his best level is found. I think that we need to send him out on loan until January and then re assess the situation. I thought that he looked to be ok but obviously Gus wasnt happy.

seagull3655

Jan 3, 2010
Not wishing to put Poke down but he is 25 in a few months isnt it time he started to show as a competant keeper if he is going to. Perhaps another loan may help but how many times can he go to Div 2 sides like Torquay before his best level is found. I think that we need to send him out on loan until January and then re assess the situation. I thought that he looked to be ok but obviously Gus wasnt happy.

I started a thread about a month ago stating how Casper would be worth a look and was pretty much laughed off the site...

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
That is exactly my issue with Brezovan. You're absolutely right, for four matches out of five he will look excellent and very commanding. For the other 89 minutes in the fifth match he will continue to look good. Then he will have an absolute MESS of a moment and cost us a match. It happened way too many times last season for it to be a coincidence or to think he can eradicate it from his game.

I think you have just described every goalkeeper who lets in a goal over the course of 5 matches, what is your point exactly? If any keeper was better than you described he'd be playing for England.......Oops!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not impressed. A 4th goalkeeper. I would rather have seen Walker in goal tomorrow than Ankergren.

That seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Why? I've only seen Walker once and that was in a youth game and he looked far from being suitable for a senior team.

Anchorman has played 110+ games for a winning League One side.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A positive from my point of view.

I was not particularly impressed with Brezovan. Poke has obviously not impressed Gus.

Personal opinion, but if we had kept FDM he could have stepped right in and we'd have had no need to sign another goalie.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Why? I've only seen Walker once and that was in a youth game and he looked far from being suitable for a senior team.

Anchorman has played 110+ games for a winning League One side.

Not at all, I would rather play Walker than sign another goalkeeper. I haven't been impressed with Poke during pre-season, but I've been impressed by Walker. He was solid against Yeovil on the last day of last season and looked good technically. Ankegren played a blinder for Leeds at Old Trafford, I give him credit for that. But he lost his place to Shane Higgs, he loses any credit I'd given him for that. He's a classic league 1 goalkeeper, he will lack consistency and we'll end up not knowing who is better, Brezovan or Ankergren.

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
Not at all, I would rather play Walker than sign another goalkeeper. I haven't been impressed with Poke during pre-season, but I've been impressed by Walker. He was solid against Yeovil on the last day of last season and looked good technically. Ankegren played a blinder for Leeds at Old Trafford, I give him credit for that. But he lost his place to Shane Higgs, he loses any credit I'd given him for that. He's a classic league 1 goalkeeper, he will lack consistency and we'll end up not knowing who is better, Brezovan or Ankergren.

Solid against Yeovil or solid against Man U? LOL. This is ridiculous. 110 league starts for Leeds speak for themselves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why is everybody well Ninja Elephant, getting on Ankergrens back? Gus has explained that both Poke and Walker are not ready for any length of time in the first team and both are seen as the future, Ankergren is an established competant league 1 keeper who has performed well at this level and proved his worth. To say if we hadnt let FDM go is madness as again he had reached the end of the road in Gus's eyes if we hadnt let Zamora go we would have a goal scorer and the same with Carpenter and Rogers but football and time move on and so must we. Ankergren and Brezovan are now Poke and Walker perhaps are the future.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Not impressed. A 4th goalkeeper. I would rather have seen Walker in goal tomorrow than Ankergren.

FFS do you not want our Club to improve? No room in football for sentiment, we need to get - and play - the best players we can.

Walker will get his chance at some point in the future, maybe with the Albion, but if we have progressed before he is ready for first team football - maybe somewhere else.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Does Ninja Elephant just say his drivel for attention? Nearly every thread i've seen him post on is the opposite of logic and common sense... We would be in L2 and would still have Graeme Smith in goal if he was manager :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here