Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren signed on two year deal

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be honest, if having doubts about a player released by a team that was in our league last season makes me a "cock sucker" then a cock sucker I shall be. Kuipers was released by a team in our league last season :lolol:

As for Ankergren, if he was THAT good Leeds would have kept him. If Kuipers was THAT good, we'd have done the same :dunce:

In fact, he was only in their team last year because Higgs was injured. I think there are enough doubts to be justified in having the concern that we may have four keepers on the books but none that will win us 10-15 points a season like Michel used to do when we last got promotions. In 2004

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Excellent signing - really happy with this.

Two good, experienced League One keepers can only be good news for the club. Gus has made a good move bringing him in.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How I long for a proven, experienced, match-winning number one. If he was Dutch it would be all the better. Mind you, they're so hard to come by only an idiot would give one away.

And that, I fancy, perfectly sums up why you're immediately slagging off the 'keepers we have. I suggest you either 'man up' & get over the departure of Mr Kuipers; or - better still - just f*** off & support Crawley.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And that, I fancy, perfectly sums up why you're immediately slagging off the 'keepers we have. I suggest you either 'man up' & get over the departure of Mr Kuipers; or - better still - just f*** off & support Crawley.

:lolol:

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth

unnesseary

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good signing for me - let's face it, signing a keeper who has won promotion from this league previously is not going to be a bad thing. It also gives us serious competition when Brezovan is fit, which encourages good performances. Plus, as pointed out earlier in the thread, in most other seasons we would have waited until 5 games in to the season and then got in a loan to sort things. It's good that Poyet has acted quickly - even if he's virtually had to admit he's made a mistake on Poke.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Absolute bollocks.

He isn't here so that's irrelevant. What it does show is something a few of us said for many years - that it will be VERY hard to replace Michel. Keepers like him just don't grow on trees at this level. Most teams have to put up with calamities like Brezovan or, if they're lucky, shaky ones like Ankergren. I believe the course of the season will show none of them to be up to the job, which is a shame because I think we'll play some great football.

What about the calamaties by Kuipers? or do you conveniently overlook them when it comes to rating a keeper?

All keepers, whatever the level will make mistakes. Thats what happens in football and no amount of pretending Kuipers never did or that anyone else who plays in goal for the Albion in future isn't allowed to make a mistake doesn't make them unfit for the job in a promotion winning side (fingers crossed)

What exactly had Kuipers done before he joined us? - Give the new guy a chance before you decide that he isn't worthy of replacing Kuipers or being in a promotion winning side. - I bet if it was the other way around and Kuipers was the new keeper and Ankergren was an idol of yours, you would be saying that Kuipers wasn't good enough, etc....

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
God, what a f***ing typically awful thread.

This is an OUTSTANDING signing, and I'm genuinely quite shocked that we signed a player who played nearly every game for the 2nd best team in the division last season. Its a stunning signing all things considered.

One question, TCB. If Kuipers is so amazing why is he playing non-league football? Isn't it a bit odd that a Championship big gun didn't come in for him?!?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
the complete badger this is for you . brez made a couple of mistakes last season and still a good keeper and walker is young and still learning and poke is a good keeper and we hav got to him time and not slagging them off

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A fantastic signing by Gus , Ankers is an experienced L1 keeper and possibly one of the best in this league at present. Its no good starting off the first few games with a second choice goalie when our intent to win promotion has to be shown right from the start. Poyet wasn't 100% confident in handing Pokey the gloves until Brez came back from injury but now the side looks even stronger than ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here