Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren signed on two year deal

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Gus took a gamble on Poke and he hasn't been impressed him so far.That's obvious and i'm pleased he has got another keeper in. Thankfully Poke is only on a years deal so we could see him loaned out soon.Walker is deffo one for the future but isn't ready yet.
Good work Gus.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Gus took a gamble on Poke and he hasn't been impressed him so far.That's obvious and i'm pleased he has got another keeper in. Thankfully Poke is only on a years deal so we could see him loaned out soon.Walker is deffo one for the future but isn't ready yet.
Good work Gus.

Gus obviously goes by ' it's better to do something than nothing, even if it's wrong', not that he's wrong in this case, obviously. Excellent signing.

Why the f**k anyone would whinge about this is beyond me.
I'm just pleased we are in a position to make such a signing because in the past he wouldn't have had the funds to do it.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
In the past we would have soldiered on and possibly lost the first few games before doing anything about it. This is a positive move by Gus well done to him and all concerned.

* sits down in shock* ... as I now find myself agreeing with BG:thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dear oh dear. I've got an answer for absolutely everything you dullards are throwing at me today. I've just spent the first five days of my holiday in MOSCOW. Is that "sad"?

How come you came back so soon ? Did you get thrown out for being a miserable git ? As far as being sad goes your constant negative posts would indicate that you are in fact depressed hence 'sad' is very applicable to you. At least WW has some good points.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
How come you came back so soon ? Did you get thrown out for being a miserable git ? As far as being sad goes your constant negative posts would indicate that you are in fact depressed hence 'sad' is very applicable to you. At least WW has some good points.

Oi leave him alone ...

You know that you shouldn't ' mock the afflicted'

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I still expect us to sign Lua lua and you can't blame Newcastle really over this.There season doesn't start untill another week and they probably want to have a good look at there players before loaning them out. I reckon we will get him next week and i believe Gus is holding out for it. I'm also pleased Gus isn't rushing out to buy any old rubbish like what Slade did.We all know including Poyet that we need a striker and winger and if it takes another 3 weeks to get the right people in then so be it.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I still expect us to sign Lua lua and you can't blame Newcastle really over this.There season doesn't start untill another week and they probably want to have a good look at there players before loaning them out. I reckon we will get him next week and i believe Gus is holding out for it. I'm also pleased Gus isn't rushing out to buy any old rubbish like what Slade did.We all know including Poyet that we need a striker and winger and if it takes another 3 weeks to get the right people in then so be it.

Hey, steady with the Slade bashing. Without Slade, there would be no Poyet, as we'd have been in the depths of the 4th tier.

Slade also broguth in Bennett, probably our best player at the moment. He also brought Nav who has gone from strength to strength, Dicker who has been good so far etc etc.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If Brezovan hadn't got crocked then I'm fairly sure we'd have gone into the season with Brez as the number 1 and Poke as his understudy. However, following this pre-season, Gus clearly doesn't feel that Poke or Walker are ready to take the number 1 shirt from the start, and so has instead been DECISIVE and elected to get some experience in.

Thats not "strange", and its not "wrong". Its a sensible decision, and it undoubtedly makes us stronger in that position. Thats all that matters as far as I'm concerned.
I agree with you E10. The really interesting bit of this will come when Brez is fit again. Brez and Casper going head to head for the keepers position will be fascinating.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Delighted :amex:

I said we were a goalkeeper, left winger and striker short of a team capable of automatic promotion and that's now 1/3 done :clap2:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hey, steady with the Slade bashing. Without Slade, there would be no Poyet, as we'd have been in the depths of the 4th tier.

Slade also broguth in Bennett, probably our best player at the moment. He also brought Nav who has gone from strength to strength, Dicker who has been good so far etc etc.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

I'm not bashing Slade but the facts don't lie. His cash signings have mainly been rubbish value where as the free transfers he has picked up have been excellent including Crofty.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gus obviously goes by ' it's better to do something than nothing, even if it's wrong', not that he's wrong in this case, obviously. Excellent signing.

Why the f**k anyone would whinge about this is beyond me.
I'm just pleased we are in a position to make such a signing because in the past he wouldn't have had the funds to do it.

Well yes, either the funds, or a manager bold enough to take a positive deciision like this. Too many managers in recent times, (naming no names), would have just been content to hide behind their image, and play their favourites.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Great signing.

Obviosuly Gus isn't happy with playing Poke or Walker for the start of the season, so he had no choice. Last thing we want is a keeper that isn't ready. Now we have a proven number one at this level, with another proven number one as backup, and two younguns backing them up. Should make the need for a loan keep this season a non starter!

I wonder though if Poke being signed for just a year was done to drive a better deal with Casper?

He could have started the season without a club, so I wonder how good a deal Gus got him for?

A Casper Signed in June =£xxxx wages

A Casper signed a day before the season + Poke = £xxxx in wages.

I wonder what the lowest amount is?:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here