Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren signed on two year deal

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry if already been said but last night Poyet said he didn't want to bring in a new forward at such a late stage as it might unbalance the team.

Now we have a new keeper who hasn't got a clue about how we play or who the rest of the team are and is being put straight into the team - explain that?

Would it have been as big a risk to play Poke and see how he did in a really competitive situation? 4 keepers and 2 not considered good enough - somethings wrong somewhere :glare:

the timing does strike me as a little strange. Had weeks to assess Poke and Walker but only the day before our first game do we get some one new in. Will he even know the names of the back 4? Got no doubt he will be good just the timing strikes me as quite strange

If Brezovan hadn't got crocked then I'm fairly sure we'd have gone into the season with Brez as the number 1 and Poke as his understudy. However, following this pre-season, Gus clearly doesn't feel that Poke or Walker are ready to take the number 1 shirt from the start, and so has instead been DECISIVE and elected to get some experience in.

Thats not "strange", and its not "wrong". Its a sensible decision, and it undoubtedly makes us stronger in that position. Thats all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
If Brezovan hadn't got crocked then I'm fairly sure we'd have gone into the season with Brez as the number 1 and Poke as his understudy. However, following this pre-season, Gus clearly doesn't feel that Poke or Walker are ready to take the number 1 shirt from the start, and so has instead been DECISIVE and elected to get some experience in.

Thats not "strange", and its not "wrong". Its a sensible decision, and it undoubtedly makes us stronger in that position. Thats all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

Spot on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Keepers are hardly vital to the flowing midfield movements leading to the goals. He plays in goal, it's a pretty straight forward job, keep the ball out of the net. I'm msure Gus will tell him where he wants the ball distributed after that.

What the f*** is all the moaning about anyway? We've signed a keeper who came in the top 6 twice, then second - in this very league. I for one am delighted.

Agree 100% biccy.

Im sorry but if I held someone in as high esteem as you do then I would have moved heaven and earth to spend time in their company.

You didnt, thats your choice, but you had a chance to really show your appreciation of the "great man" as you put it.

And for someone who goes way OTT of their myopic "appreciation/adulation/adoration" of a player and to not even attend the event well yes I think it needs mentioning.

This.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes, he should of risked his job. Get a f***ing grip and stop jumping on TCB's back

The point is that as he "idolises" Michel, it was the perfect time to actually put up or shut up....

...and he didnt...

As I said before if I was going OTT about a player then I would have gone to show my appreciation come hell or high water.

Yes, he should of risked his job. Get a f***ing grip and stop jumping on TCB's back

I'm not jumping on his back, I am asking him a relevant question, he idolises Kuipers and by the amount adulation he has given him on NSC over the years I would have thought he may have gone sick to see him at the dinner.

Christ, how many people go sick every day of the week and don't get found out and don't lose their jobs?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I would expect TCB to pay DOUBLE at Kuipers testimonial at Falmer.

Shame tho coz at the meal he could have chatted to him for hours and shake his hand and have photos and EVERYTHING. Even meet his wife.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Why the f*** are people moaning about getting a GK?

Ankergren is a proven top goalkeeper at this level and is a great back up for Brez or even number 1 keeper?

Stop moaning. Rant over

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
God we have alot of whiners on here! We've signed a top quality keeper for this division, proven and experienced and known to Gus.

He has seen what Poke and Walker can do during pre-season and during training and has decided that he needs back up. Maybe the reason why it was at this late stage was because Ankergren only became available/lowered his sights.

Whatever the reason, I trust Gus' judgement, and so should you...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Funny thing is having had ADVANCE notice of when it was then arranging to do things on that day seems a bit silly, for someone you "admire" so much of course. A chance to meet, greet, chat etc as opposed to just being a number in the crowd when the testimonial comes.

Indeed if you superfanned it like Trigger and Uncle Buck you could have even sat on his table!

But like I say El Pres lives in Manchester so mileage really isnt an issue.

Yes, f*** it, why didn't I just RESIGN in order to go for a meal in Church Road? I really am a f***ing pleb aren't I.

I have no idea why the hell I am explaining this to nsc, but I agreed a few things with my job in MANCHESTER that led to me having to be there at the time of Michel's meal which has now allowed me to do that job from BRIGHTON on a permanent basis. Nsc may have its fair share of spastics, but anyone seriously suggesting I should have not taken up this deal and continued to live 260 miles from home in order to go for a dinner in Hove is an absolute imbecile.

Thanks for explaining it to us all on NSC, the reason I asked and others I expect are curious is down to your adulation of Kuipers.

No one on here is suggesting you should have not taken up that deal, as until you posted the details of the said deal, no one apart from you on NSC knew about it. Unless of course you have disclosed this deal before now. If I had known you had signed up for a deal with your company that enabled you to move back to Brighton but prevented you from attending Kuipers dinner, I would not have asked the question.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Funny thing is having had ADVANCE notice of when it was then arranging to do things on that day seems a bit silly, for someone you "admire" so much of course. A chance to meet, greet, chat etc as opposed to just being a number in the crowd when the testimonial comes.

Indeed if you superfanned it like Trigger and Uncle Buck you could have even sat on his table!

But like I say El Pres lives in Manchester so mileage really isnt an issue.

We even got to shake the Royal Paw and watch the great man eat.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thanks for explaining it to us all on NSC, the reason I asked and others I expect are curious is down to your adulation of Kuipers.

No one on here is suggesting you should have not taken up that deal, as until you posted the details of the said deal, no one apart from you on NSC knew about it. Unless of course you have disclosed this deal before now. If I had known you had signed up for a deal with your company that enabled you to move back to Brighton but prevented you from attending Kuipers dinner, I would not have asked the question.

And neither would I.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here