Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About to go nuts!!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
so what would have happened if you had a psl in an area that would possibly be taken up with f a cup allowing the full away allocation? or were those seats never st's anyhow

The club cannot sell your seat and you can pretty much rock up last minute and sort out your ticket.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Am hopeful Paul McGowan and the like can resolve this issue. I like others extend our support.
It is a tough situation as am sure everyone with arising seat issues are grateful of being part of a magnificent stadia, which houses our beloved Albion. The issue is purely a few construction problems that have come to light.
Personally I have/am affected by the barriers on the WSU as my view of you guys behind the North Stand Goal is restricted, as is the North Stand goal, through to corner flag.
I am aggrieved on the situation as was hoping for a 'perfect view' from the front row of WSU. But am still whole heartedly excited about the Doncaster game and the excitement of the 'Amex'.
I am hopeful but confident that we will start the season happy STH's when the club sort our seat issues.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I would be gutted. I do not think the club quite appreciate what an important thing it is. It is potentially decades worth of anticipation looking forward to what you decided would be the best seats. And the ones who chose the seats were there due to their long standing support. Nightmare.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Drumstick, the corner will be better, don't you worry. But definitely try and get some sort of compo from the club. Such a bugger.

Horribly, I KNEW this was going to be a problem when the screen was being installed. I mentioned it a few times on the webcam thread at the time, because Warren and I had had a look round the north stand a month or so before, and we were both worried about the size and location of the screen.

We're on the back row, mate, quite near the corner. See you there :thumbsup:

You guys are the other corner from what we are being offered, unfortunately.

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
I have posted a link to my original post on this subject below. I hope it works as I have never done it before!

Please Help Me Find My Seats!

I phoned the Ticket Office on Monday morning to check if my suspicions were true, and unfortunately they were! I think my call prompted them to contact the other people who have posted on this thread.

MODS: is it worth merging these threads as they are on the same subject?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I have posted a link to my original post on this subject below. I hope it works as I have never done it before!

Please Help Me Find My Seats!

I phoned the Ticket Office on Monday morning to check if my suspicions were true, and unfortunately they were! I think my call prompted them to contact the other people who have posted on this thread.

MODS: is it worth merging these threads as they are on the same subject?

This just make it worse. So far the club have reacted very poorly to this situation. These seats have been gone for weeks now and it isn't until four days before the first game that they finally decided to contact us about the problem. The fact that we then received a phone call from a junior member of the ticketing staff, rather than someone far more senior adds to it. The worst aspect for me is that we have just been offered one choice of new seats, rather than a proper examination of all our options. I know that we probably have very few choices of where to go but the least the club can do is offer us another chance to see all available seats.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This just make it worse. So far the club have reacted very poorly to this situation. These seats have been gone for weeks now and it isn't until four days before the first game that they finally decided to contact us about the problem. The fact that we then received a phone call from a junior member of the ticketing staff, rather than someone far more senior adds to it. The worst aspect for me is that we have just been offered one choice of new seats, rather than a proper examination of all our options. I know that we probably have very few choices of where to go but the least the club can do is offer us another chance to see all available seats.

You should have been invited to the ground with a senior member of staff to review your options and select another seat. And then talk about compensation. Not difficult to do, the club should just get on with it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fact that we then received a phone call from a junior member of the ticketing staff, rather than someone far more senior adds to it. The worst aspect for me is that we have just been offered one choice of new seats, rather than a proper examination of all our options. I know that we probably have very few choices of where to go but the least the club can do is offer us another chance to see all available seats.

Now this part, I very much agree with. The affected people should have been invited up to the ground to be walked round and shown the avaiable seats, and allowed to swap to where they wanted, even if (for example East Stand central) it is a more expensive seat.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You should have been invited to the ground with a senior member of staff to review your options and select another seat. And then talk about compensation. Not difficult to do, the club should just get on with it.

That is how I feel it should have been dealt with. At the moment it seems like I have to do the leg work to find a new seat, unless I just accept the first option I have been offered.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Another advantage of PSL is you can sell you seat legitimately through a ticket exchange and not risk having your smart card stolen. Can't wait to go tonight just hope I don't feel disappointed when I go and stand where my actual seat should be.

I still don't understand how this can happen and looking at the pictures in the other thread looks to me like there'd be room and its just H&S stuff :(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another advantage of PSL is you can sell you seat legitimately through a ticket exchange and not risk having your smart card stolen. Can't wait to go tonight just hope I don't feel disappointed when I go and stand where my actual seat should be.

I still don't understand how this can happen and looking at the pictures in the other thread looks to me like there'd be room and its just H&S stuff :(

I don't understand why you can't enter from the other side certainly.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I don't know, Whenever I've emailed the club in years gone by I've NEVER got a reply so don't see much point, just a total shame that with this farce, the barriers in the west and lack of chips/betting facilities the shine is really starting to come of this stadium for me gutted, At 22 I've been looking forward to this stadium most of my life. :(

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I don't know, Whenever I've emailed the club in years gone by I've NEVER got a reply so don't see much point, just a total shame that with this farce, the barriers in the west and lack of chips/betting facilities the shine is really starting to come of this stadium for me gutted, At 22 I've been looking forward to this stadium most of my life. :(

Whilst I feel for you over the seat mess up. Chips? Betting booths? Barriers that are going to be taken down? If these things are really ruining the stadium for you then I am afraid at 22 you have a whole lifetime of pain and disappointment ahead of you.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex

I have emailed Martin Perry twice on different issues and to be fair he has responded both times and offered to meet face to face as well. It's worth a try.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Whilst I feel for you over the seat mess up. Chips? Betting booths? Barriers that are going to be taken down? If these things are really ruining the stadium for you then I am afraid at 22 you have a whole lifetime of pain and disappointment ahead of you.

I never said ruining it, just taking abit of the shine off.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've just been to the club shop to try and get my situation resolved in person, they were not able to help me unfortunately. My number has been passed on to Paul, so I am waiting for a call back. You would think that we would be the ticketing staffs highest priority right now but it would seem that this is not the case. What I would like is for someone from the club to be at today's open day to sort out our situation.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I've just been to the club shop to try and get my situation resolved in person, they were not able to help me unfortunately. My number has been passed on to Paul, so I am waiting for a call back. You would think that we would be the ticketing staffs highest priority right now but it would seem that this is not the case. What I would like is for someone from the club to be at today's open day to sort out our situation.

I'm thinking of emailing Martin Perry but know idea what to say I hate to complain, have you emailed him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here