Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About to go nuts!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The one item I take from this situation is the little value these PSLs have. One of the few arguments for the license was the fact the seat is yours and you cannot be moved out of the seat like, for example, those Toon fans were when the board wanted to install more executive seats.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I still think it's appalling that someone more senior at the club has not got involved. Martin Perry was quite happy spending 90 minutes some corporates on Tuesday night who were generally not Brighton fans but can't find half an hour for hard core fans in distress.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Saw Martin Perry at ground today, Had a quick word was basically told to speak to Paul at the ticket office. Not sure what to make of it really.

Anyway here is the view from my original seat and then my 'new' seat. Not a bad view just not what I wanted.

Not exactly terrible is it? I agree the club should have handled this better but, that aspect aside, are you really that unhappy with the outcome?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Algie its 384, Second block in.

Trueblue it not terrible I love the stadium its amazing and my 'new' seat is still brilliant, just not what I wanted and paid for over 6months ago. My original seat was dead in line with penalty spot and right in the middle of it all, exactly what I wanted. I just feel like the club could have at least made an effort to at least say sorry, nothing my brother has been trying to ring all day to sort it and had no luck whatsoever in even speaking to someone. Just felt abit brushed of and ignored after all us fans have done I feel its not fair, ok maybe we've not given as much as DK Bloom etc but relatively speaking we've given as much as we can when times have been hard and now just feel ignored. Wouldn't have taken MP 5mins to go to ticket office with me spoke to Paul, Why do I/we have to do all the running around when it wasn't our mistake? Even if they had just said for now there's not alot we can do, but if a seat in the centre comes up we will phone you about moving you there, Would it have been so hard?

Views of the stadium is it is fantastic I'll upload my pictures tomorrow when I'm not so drunken. I really cannot wait until Saturday now.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Trueblue it not terrible I love the stadium its amazing and my 'new' seat is still brilliant, just not what I wanted and paid for over 6months ago. My original seat was dead in line with penalty spot and right in the middle of it all, exactly what I wanted. I just feel like the club could have at least made an effort to at least say sorry, nothing my brother has been trying to ring all day to sort it and had no luck whatsoever in even speaking to someone. Just felt abit brushed of and ignored after all us fans have done I feel its not fair, ok maybe we've not given as much as DK Bloom etc but relatively speaking we've given as much as we can when times have been hard and now just feel ignored. Wouldn't have taken MP 5mins to go to ticket office with me spoke to Paul, Why do I/we have to do all the running around when it wasn't our mistake? Even if they had just said for now there's not alot we can do, but if a seat in the centre comes up we will phone you about moving you there, Would it have been so hard?

Views of the stadium is it is fantastic I'll upload my pictures tomorrow when I'm not so drunken. I really cannot wait until Saturday now.

Sums up my feelings entirely.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sums up my feelings entirely.

And absolutely reasonable. I appreciate there is a lot going on at the club - but as soon as this was seen as likely to happen alarm bells should have been ringing in the club. And it would be interesting to know when the problem was first identified. It is obvious that most in the final row of the North Stand were going to be long-standing supporters. I know the club is changing - but let's not lose the club-supporter relationship we have had.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I'm glad you're not feeling too bad about the seat itself now. I agree that for something like this you would at least expect some reassurance that you're top of the list if a centre seat becomes available. Plus an apology and maybe a free commemorative shirt for all affected or similar would be appropriate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still think it's appalling that someone more senior at the club has not got involved. Martin Perry was quite happy spending 90 minutes some corporates on Tuesday night who were generally not Brighton fans but can't find half an hour for hard core fans in distress.
For what it's worth, I agree. Martin Perry has gone right down in my estimations over this. Happy to lap up the glory but not doing his job and facing the music when proper fans are distressed. Exceptionally poor.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
From reports above the club have handled this pretty poorly. For MP just to brush off a fan with 'speak to Paul' is quite frankly, f***ing rude! I would like to think this will resolved to the fans satisfaction pretty speedily. If this is still festering next month then I suggest you get yourself along to the fans forum (date to be announced) and speak to Tony Bloom directly.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Oh forgot to mention Mr Perry stated that the railings in the 1901 club arnt being replaced by perspex, but GLASS. Assume it gives a better view through it.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Re: the law about not being more than 14 seats from an aisle, is there any scope for the affected fans to sign some sort of waiver of liability thus allowing them to sit more than 14 seats from an aisle? Or can the left most leg of the structure holding up the big screen be moved slightly?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'd sign a waiver to say I take my own responsibility and should anything happen I wont sue etc certainly.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As another working day has now passed I still have not been recontacted by the club or had a reply to any of my emails. This really is beyond a joke.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
As another working day has now passed I still have not been recontacted by the club or had a reply to any of my emails. This really is beyond a joke.

Did you get the PM from the Argus reporter? I declined to speak as I don't want to criticise the club in what is obviously a busy time, Still screwing though. Biscuit got threw in the end to Scottish Paul and he said if any seats come up more central they'll move us and he apologised to my brother. Still angry though just feel so ignored and shoved to the side as if its 'just a supporter'

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
To be honest I think I probably would talk to the Argus myself if they had asked me. I don't see why we should refrain from criticising the club when they clearly could not care less about our situation. I am going to go to Falmer tomorrow to get everything sorted out though, as I need to know where I am sitting on Saturday.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I love the club as we all do but after reading whats gone on since the club have got people's money and bums on seats i've heard lots of seperate stories of the clubs unproffessional and disorganised approach to certain things in the last few weeks, sure mistakes are made but it's how you react after these said mistakes is whats important.

In my mind Drumstick should get a large discount off of the season ticket, it wasnt what he chose, he now has to put up with what he's been given and the club should be embarrassed by the whole situation and if it was me i'd be totally fuming!

Feel for you mate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know why you don't talk to the Argus, you might get more joy than just whinging on here about it

Not many whinges on here are justified imo but in this case it is totally justified and the club have disappointed big time on this. Not good enough and MP has also gone down in my estimation for not getting personally involved when it would have been easy to do so. He is very happy to turn up for the plaudits.

I'd definitely have had a moan to the Argus given the opportunity if this had happened to me, the club might take it a bit more seriously if it was in there rather than on here.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Disgraceful from the club. They made a big thing at the presentations of saying how fan friendly the stadium was going to be and how hard everyone had fought for it. It would be a shame if that all turned out to be a PR line and that once they have fans' money, they really couldn't give a toss about issues that arise threw no fault of said fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here