Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About to go nuts!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm thinking of emailing Martin Perry but know idea what to say I hate to complain, have you emailed him?

Not yet, I am thinking about it though. I'll probably send it Ken Brown too if I do send an e-mail. I'm going to hold off until they get back to me today though.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Might be worth linking in this thread as to explain a liitle? let me know about the phone call results if you can.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm thinking of emailing Martin Perry but know idea what to say I hate to complain, have you emailed him?

Dear Mr Perry

I am writing in the hope that you may be able to resolve the unfortunate situation which has arisen, with regard to our carefully selected seats at the Amex Stadium. Myself and my brothers were at the highest level of priority, due to possession of 10-year season tickets at Withdean. Because of this, we were lucky enough to be able to choose the exact spot that we wanted - seats xxx - xxx in the back row of the North stand, directly behind the goal.

Now, just a week prior to the eagerly anticipated first game, we have been contacted by the ticket office staff, to inform us that due to an error entirely outside of our control, our chosen seats are no longer available. We have been offered alternative seats in a different block, which whilst still offering a good view, are really not where we wanted to be.

We would like to meet with yourself or your appointed representative, at the stadium, to discuss what alternative seating might be made available to us, and in what manner the club is offering to compensate us for this disappointment. Please contact me a.s.a.p. on xxxxxxxxx.

Best regards

etc, etc.

You're welcome.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Thanks hans, if this call gets us nowhere I'll use that

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Not like its a rush, Was just going to ask you how it was going. BTW Do you want a pint or a sscf?

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
I'm still reeling in shock over this and can not believe it's true. Looks like my freinds and me are getting moved to the lastsection of lower west. What a crock of shite!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Apart from a piss poor answer phone message I've not been able to get through to them all day today. Not heard a dickie bird and they certainly haven't tried contacting me. Considering it's their mistake I thought I'd be treated a little better than this.. Not happy.

Apart from hearing it from my brother I haven't been told a thing. The answer-phone message just said to ring them which I've done plenty of times to no avail.

I picked my seat in Feburary and because I loved the location so much I went and got myself a PSL. I've been totally shafted. I'm very unhappy about all of this.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Absolutely, no rush at all, it is not like there is a game in three days that I have already paid for, not to mention the £165 I have already paid towards this season ticket for no seat.

I'll take the pint as I am not sure what a sscf is. Incidently this whole issue has driven me to drink, before yesterday I hadn't had any alcohol for two weeks and was intending staying dry for for the whole of July, now I am likely to get pissed two days in a row. My liver will be suing the club even if I don't :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ok, does anyone have email addresses for Perry, Brown and even Bloom? I hoped that the club would see sense and be a bit more forthcoming with apologies and assistance but it seems this is not the case so it is up to us to kick up a fuss about this.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
I understand that the club is busy especially with the Ticket sales for SSCF, Spurs and Gills live today. But have still yet to hear back from Paul McGowan or rep from the club. So annoying

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ok so this is what I have just sent to Martin Perry and also to the ticket office. Not sure how well written it is or how well I have got my point across as I am extremely angry right now.

Dear Mr Perry,

I am writing to you with regards to the clubs response to the fact that my seat had to be removed from the back of the North Stand due to the installation of the big screen. At present the only communication I have had from the club is one phone call from one of the junior members of the ticketing team. This young lady, I believe her name was Catherine, was as helpful as she could have been and very apologetic. However, I do not feel that one phone call four days prior to the first game at the stadium is enough, when it is six months since I selected this seat. At this point the club should be bending over backwards to offer myself and the other forty or so people who have been affected as much assistance as possible yet at the moment we are being left in the dark.

I chose the seats directly behind the goal as this was where I wanted to be, now I have been offered seats at the far eastern side of the North Stand. I understand that it is likely that there are very few places that I can be moved to, but for me these are vastly inferior seats. I have been offered no compensation and more importantly not even a proper apology. This situation has unfortunately put a real dampener on what should be an extremely exciting to for me and all Albion fans.
I would appreciate the chance to meet with someone from the club to properly explain what my options are, as I feel unable to just accept the first alternative seat I am offered without even being given a chance to see it or what other alternatives I may have.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Saw Martin Perry at ground today, Had a quick word was basically told to speak to Paul at the ticket office. Not sure what to make of it really.

Anyway here is the view from my original seat and then my 'new' seat. Not a bad view just not what I wanted.

Attachments

• IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAG0221.jpg
    IMAG0221.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 255

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
My new seat is even further left than yours by the looks of things. Are you in the furthest block of seats or the one next to it? I have to say having been there today and seeing where my seat was and the view and position I had has just made the whole thing even more upsetting. Also because my mates are in the row in front I just cannot ask them to move, they are saying that at least one will move with me but I can't make them do that. I spoke with Paul briefly when I picked up my tickets for the open day, and I know it is not his fault but I still feel like this is not being treated like the major issue it clearly is.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What seat number was that Drumstick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here