Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About to go nuts!!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Cant see them moving the screen, if they were too it wouldn't be until next summer. They didn't mention it when I asked what there going to do about it. Poor girl it wasn't her mistake so I didn't get angry at her just screwing big time.

This is the bit I find unbelievable. Somebody who seems to have a ten year season ticket, a PSL and a hand picked seat months ago, gets a call from some poor doris in the office, less than 4 weeks before the season starts. Martin Perry always seems to be in the front line when it comes to parading people around the stadium (and rightly so), but he should also take some responsibility when things f*** up, not pass it off to some poor office junior.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There should absolutely be some form of compensation for those affected. No doubt about that at all. I think that's the one thing we can all agree on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought someone in the restricted view thread said the club had held back seats just for this kind of thing.

In my view the club have to find you seats as good as they sold you or better or they have to give you some serious compensation.

I would be totally gutted if I was you or any of the restricted view people and I think you should stand your ground and fight for a proper remedy asap.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I must say that while Gus is getting on brilliantly with the playing side, certain parts of the behind the scenes operation at the club still leave a fair bit to be desired. While I am nowhere in your boat, guys, I was rather hacked off by the ticket fiasco over the SSC and Tottenham games. I spent a good part of Wednesday and Thursday on the phone to the club. On Wednesday the website had crashed, and you got some garbled message about the familiarisation event on the phone, which if you rang you didn't get through to. Trying the option for the Ticket Office just got you cut off. Eventually I got through on the Thursday morning, but had to put a flight at risk. Fortunately, I am not currently working, but if I had been, I would not be going to either of the pre-season games. Why can't the club contract big games out to Ticketmaster? They only have to handle a big ticket operation a few times a season now.

And I got no text explaining about the familiarisation evening; there was just a web entry late on the Thursday, after I had taken off from Gatwick (no doubt many others were travelling too, whether on business or pleasure). As it happens I cannot go, as I have another event, but six days' notice is not good enough. I suspect that most of us who are long-term fans will grin and bear this. Others who are STH for the first time may well be off at the first bad experience. The club should heed the warning.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Back from the pub, Still pretty pissed off. :(

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
In all honesty I don't see what choice I have, I'm going to check it out tomorrow and see how I feel about it all.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Back from the pub, Still pretty pissed off. :(

Me too. We should probably try and get together and talk to the club collectively about refunds etc. It would be better if all of us request a compensation together.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Obviously not intentional but very very shit especially so late in the day after you have specifically chosen your seat.

That was the point of getting us down the to stadium wasn't it ? I had to take a days holiday, I imagine most others did as well.

Very easy to sneer from the sidelines when it hasn't happened to you.

I for one would be gutted. Hope the club do the right thing. I'd imagine that must involved putting you on top of a priority list to regain a central seat (as desired) when it comes available.

If you have bought a seat licence, I'd imagine the absolutely the least they could do is offer a full refund on that - whilst retaining the rights.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Pretty poor customer service in my view and I do feel extremely sorry for you.

Perhaps Martin Perry might take a positive from NSC for once and sort this out properly.

Sorry if it sounds dim but has he been known to read NSC then?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He has/does and it was alluded (recently) that he didn't like NSC. Although, some while back, he claimed his favourite poster was Ernest.
Have you got a job yet Paul?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you have bought a seat licence, I'd imagine the absolutely the least they could do is offer a full refund on that - whilst retaining the rights.

The club have a legal obligation to offer a full refund of the PSL, they have zero choice in the matter. of course the person removed may wish to transfer their PSL to the new seat as well.

As said earlier Martin Perry gets all the plaudits for delivering the stadium but this f*** up stops at his door as do the restricted view metal barrier seats.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm pretty shocked by this, tbh. I mean, people have actually bought a PSL?!

Agree. Also, can someone reiterate the PSL benefit please.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Drumstick, the corner will be better, don't you worry. But definitely try and get some sort of compo from the club. Such a bugger.

Horribly, I KNEW this was going to be a problem when the screen was being installed. I mentioned it a few times on the webcam thread at the time, because Warren and I had had a look round the north stand a month or so before, and we were both worried about the size and location of the screen.

We're on the back row, mate, quite near the corner. See you there :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Agree. Also, can someone reiterate the PSL benefit please.
It pretty much came down to the fact that, under no circumstances, can the Club deprive you of your seat. And that, if you ever decided not to go anymore, you can pass your right to the seat to someone else. At the market rate.

Warning: The value of your investment can go down, as well as up. You have not been charged for this information.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It pretty much came down to the fact that, under no circumstances, can the Club deprive you of your seat. And that, if you ever decided not to go anymore, you can pass your right to the seat to someone else. At the market rate.

Warning: The value of your investment can go down, as well as up. You have not been charged for this information.

so what would have happened if you had a psl in an area that would possibly be taken up with f a cup allowing the full away allocation? or were those seats never st's anyhow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here