Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About to go nuts!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That is pretty crap news and I feel sorry for you guys.

As someone said earlier it's one of those things that happens, it's just crap when it happens to you. The whole situation is probably caused by a slight discrepancy between the design process and the building process. You could probably trace it back to one or two people, but that's no good for anyone.

In the grand scheme of the building project it's probably a minor issue, it's just a shitter that it affects people so badly. The same goes for the metal bars.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They could have just taken out four or five seats from Y nearest the screen though and maintained access. Or maybe they couldn't but it certainly looks like it, and would effect less people.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I am seat 344 (row Q), I booked it because I wanted to be dead centre, feel gutted for you guys that have got to move. I really hope your new seats are ok but I definitely think you should ask the club for something for the inconvenience, we'll just have to make sure the whole stand is rocking now so you don't miss out

They could have just taken out four or five seats from Y nearest the screen though and maintained access. Or maybe they couldn't but it certainly looks like it, and would effect less people.

Forgive me here but that implies as long as it doesn't affect you its OK. And i don't think you meant that.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Forgive me here but that implies as long as it doesn't affect you its OK. And i don't think you meant that.

No not at all, but it would have affected less people, that was my point. At present it seems they have removed 14 seats, removing at most 5 seats from Y would affect less. To be honest it was pure speculation and a little pointless as I know it isn't going to change. I expect the club has looked at all the options anyway and found this one to be the least problematic. Just generally a bit gutted and in a bit of a state of shock as my new seats are likely to be right on the edge nearest the East Stand, in a considerably worse position, in my opinion.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Got a phone call at 2.30 this afternoon from Paul. Hi is this Mr x, yes, got some bad news Mr x. What's wrong Paul? Afraid we've got to move you, you what?

The big screen has taken 30 - 40 seats from row z. So, how does that effect me as Im next to the isle and looked last night and my seat is still there. Mr x are you seat xxx? Yes. I do appolgise but you are ok and don't know how you got on this list.

Just said thank god for that and advised him to put on a tin hat as you're going to get some very angry people.

Shame on him passing over the dirty deed to a female to phone around and break the bad news.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Which seat are you?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Spare a thought for the poor guy on Sunday,my two seats were 63/64, as I was admiring the view he came along and asked me what my seat number was,I told him 63,looked at the seat next to me, it was 60...his ticket was 61...sort that out!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Which side of the aisle are you? They have offered me 395, as an exchange. I must be as far to the East as you can go now. Not happy at all.

Don't swear to much as you are very close to the family stand. :wink:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That is pretty crap news and I feel sorry for you guys.

As someone said earlier it's one of those things that happens, it's just crap when it happens to you. The whole situation is probably caused by a slight discrepancy between the design process and the building process. You could probably trace it back to one or two people, but that's no good for anyone.

In the grand scheme of the building project it's probably a minor issue, it's just a shitter that it affects people so badly. The same goes for the metal bars.

Got to agree with this. Feel very sorry for the small number of people who have been affected. In a way, the club is copping more flak because it made so much effort to give everyone EXACTLY what try wanted (at as I understand it, huge expense) and so now people on the end of this feel even more let down. It's a shame for all sides.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
Well 10 of us booked our seats on Jan 22nd 5 in row y and 5 in z. Now we are bollocksed! Been offered an alternative but not what we wanted. So pissed off might even drop my season ticket. Mistake/error whatever it is a bad way to treat loyal fans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here