Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About to go nuts!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So I am being moved to the last block to the East almost as far over as you can go. Seeing as it is at most 14 searts across in that block I will be seven seats in and if my mates join me they will be even further over. Ok, at least I know exactly what I'm being offered now, I need to go and talk to the ticket office tomorrow about this and see what other options I have.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
No compensation offered and don't forget the people affected are mostly long serving fans as they hand picked what was thought to be the best seats in that stand! Grrrrrrrrr

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No compensation offered and don't forget the people affected are mostly long serving fans as they hand picked what was thought to be the best seats in that stand! Grrrrrrrrr

No compensation? Now THAT's a disgrace, if true. Always had the club down as better than that.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Nothing offered in terms of compensation, Biscuit will be having a word tomorrow though should imagine they'll sort him out just to shut him up! :D

The more I think about it the more gutted I become, Reason we got such good seat is because we were invited before presentations started due to two ten year season tickets, donations and other stuff and now it's all gone :(

Still worse things happen at sea....

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Looks like my PSL is worthless too

I think i would definitely ask for the PSL to be refunded as you do not have your preferred seat. I understand mistakes are made but i think in this circumstance and taking into consideration the success of the season tickets there should be some compensation offered to these few people affected.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I remember you both choosing your seats - pretty much before anyone else on here. Sorry to hear this lads. Chins up though - don't let it ever tarnish your first season memories - it's not worth it!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm getting more and more upset the more I think about it. They really have to compensate us in some way as wherever we end up will be inferior seats to us. I'm going to the pub now to get pissed, I might bill the club for a drinking session I would not have had without this news.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'm going to the pub now to get pissed, I might bill the club for a drinking session I would not have had without this news.

Doing the exact same thing! Drowning my sorrows :(

Dandyman

In London village.
Also happened to me and a mate as part of a larger group. Although in fairness to Paul McGowan he has managed to keep us all together in our re-allocated seats.

Does raise the question of why did the club only realise the cock up this late in the day?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
all seems wrong to me, the only words i can offer are...

the very WORST seat at amex will be better than the very BEST seat at withdean.
doesnt really make up for it though

I am absolutely gutted for you guy's. The fact you are not being offered any compensation is quite frankly a complete and utter disgrace. For that utter tool earlier in the thread to say it is NOT a "massive deal" is totally wrong. They knew they where going to place a humongous, great television screen there and should have got the measurements correct. Instead they have ruined some fans perception of how they would be veiwing their first season at the AMEX. Not only are these people fans of the club, but have been for sometime and where asked to chose their seat at the first opportunity as they deserved it through loyalty to Brighton and Hove Albion FC. It is a disgrace that these fan's inparticualr have been treated in such a way.

This situation it has to be said sounds so very uncharecteristically shoddy of the club. They simply cannot fob you off without giving you some form of discount on the ticket and surely they will repay the PSL? The other thing is that those seats have been moved or rather not there for weeks. They could have at least phoned you guy's a bit earlier so that the choice of a seat that met your previous expectations as close as possible could have been met.

Very poor but hey ho, you have a seat still! :amex:

Dandyman

In London village.
I am absolutely gutted for you guy's. The fact you are not being offered any compensation is quite frankly a complete and utter disgrace. For that utter tool earlier in the thread to say it is NOT a "massive deal" is totally wrong. They knew they where going to place a humongous, great television screen there and should have got the measurements correct. Instead they have ruined some fans perception of how they would be veiwing their first season at the AMEX. Not only are these people fans of the club, but have been for sometime and where asked to chose their seat at the first opportunity as they deserved it through loyalty to Brighton and Hove Albion FC. It is a disgrace that these fan's inparticualr have been treated in such a way.

This situation it has to be said sounds so very uncharecteristically shoddy of the club. They simply cannot fob you off without giving you some form of discount on the ticket and surely they will repay the PSL? The other thing is that those seats have been moved or rather not there for weeks. They could have at least phoned you guy's a bit earlier so that the choice of a seat that met your previous expectations as close as possible could have been met.

Very poor but hey ho, you have a seat still! :amex:

Well said that man.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Guys I have read through all of this and all I can say is how sorry I feel for you. The people picking seats at the very beginning are the ones who earned the right to do so by sitting through the wind rain and snow at Withdean. I hope they not only compensate you but make it a PRIORITY to re-seat you in a better position at the earliest opportunity.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pretty poor customer service in my view and I do feel extremely sorry for you.

Perhaps Martin Perry might take a positive from NSC for once and sort this out properly.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Also happened to me and a mate as part of a larger group. Although in fairness to Paul McGowan he has managed to keep us all together in our re-allocated seats.

Does raise the question of why did the club only realise the cock up this late in the day?
How does that work out then? If they move your group then surely others will be moved elsewhere? Musicial chairs springs to mind as all seats have gone?

Dandyman

In London village.
How does that work out then? If they move your group then surely others will be moved elsewhere? Musicial chairs springs to mind as all seats have gone?

Only needed to move a couple of us.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Get the feeling that as the ground has supposedly been sold out for a while but they managed to move everyone easily in the same stand, then they have known about this situation with the screen and seats all along.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Pretty poor customer service in my view and I do feel extremely sorry for you.

Perhaps Martin Perry might take a positive from NSC for once and sort this out properly.

Totally this. Feel really sorry for the guys that have been effected. The club needs to be really consider how they can make these guys feel special about the place again. If Martin Perry cant sort it out then im sure Tony Bloom can. These guys should be treated to a one off game with the utmost vip treatment. Picked up by Limo, free pre-match meal, meet the players after the game, a gift voucher for the club shop and a personal opology from Mr Bloom/Perry. The cost wouldnt be alot but im sure these guys would appreciate the personal touch. C'mon BHA do the right thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here