Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About to go nuts!!

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I think I'd feel pretty frustrated if I were in your position. I suppose there must be technical reasons for not doing so, but looking at the webcam it seems there is a couple of feet clearance above the screen so I wonder why it can't be raised slightly. Even moving it slightly to the right would mean the aisle would be clear so the 14 seats removed from the back row of the middle section could go back in.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Corner views are always kind of distorted, I've got my north stand thing tomorrow so I'll check it out then. I'm pretty passive but Biscuit will go APE SHIT when they phone him I know that much. Yes we will be only two of us, I know its not the end of the world but I've been looking forward to that centre seat since 5th Feb.

Gutted, Just Gutted.
To be honest, I do feel for you. This is a shabby mistake on the part of the club. I'd kick up a fuss if I were you, and see if they won't put you in the 1901 seats for a couple of games by way of an apology.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think I'd feel pretty frustrated if I were in your position. I suppose there must be technical reasons for not doing so, but looking at the webcam it seems there is a couple of feet clearance above the screen so I wonder why it can't be raised slightly. Even moving it slightly to the right would mean the aisle would be clear so the 14 seats removed from the back row of the middle section could go back in.

I imagine it's a slightly bigger job than, say, relocating the TV in your living room

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
To be honest, I do feel for you. This is a shabby mistake on the part of the club. I'd kick up a fuss if I were you, and see if they won't put you in the 1901 seats for a couple of games by way of an apology.

Yeah, the ones left vacant after the metal bar/glass screen fiasco.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
:rant::rant:

Just got a call from the club, my seat doesn't exist now as the big screen is bigger than they thought! How the F**K have they done that? Going mental, I bought them on the 5th FEB and was so delighted to have the (In my opinion) best seats in the north, central and row z.

Now I'm being moved to the other side of the screen in the corner pretty much! Not alot I can do just ranting! I feel like crying I've been so so so so looking forward to this and its cocked up by someone who cant measure!

:rant::rant::rant:

Really sorry to hear that mate. Is it just row Z or is Row Y impacted as well? Must admit, the last few photos I've seen of the North it did appear that one or more rows hadn't been put in under the screen and I wondered when they were going to get round to doing them. Now we know - they won't! Me & my boys are due to be Row Y, seats 361-3 which is right under the screen. But will we have a seat there?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know its not the end of the world but I've been looking forward to that centre seat since 5th Feb.

Gutted, Just Gutted.
No, you're right, it's a nightmare. Obviously it's a mistake, and mistakes happen - but you didn't make the mistake, they did, so they should pay (for the mistake), not you. You've not only lost you seat for this year, but for the next bundle of years. Go and see where you were supposed to be, where you're being moved to, and see if you can get:
a) a discount every year
b) a place at the top of the queue (with others who have lost their seats) for when others don't renew

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
:rant::rant:

Just got a call from the club, my seat doesn't exist now as the big screen is bigger than they thought! How the F**K have they done that? Going mental, I bought them on the 5th FEB and was so delighted to have the (In my opinion) best seats in the north, central and row z.

Now I'm being moved to the other side of the screen in the corner pretty much! Not alot I can do just ranting! I feel like crying I've been so so so so looking forward to this and its cocked up by someone who cant measure!

:rant::rant::rant:

Out of interest did they say whether this is a permanent move, or are there any plans to move the screen to allow some or all of the seats to go back in?

Looks like there will be around 40 people affected. Ouch.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Cant see them moving the screen, if they were too it wouldn't be until next summer. They didn't mention it when I asked what there going to do about it. Poor girl it wasn't her mistake so I didn't get angry at her just screwing big time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Having sat in the middle and in the corner at MK Dons, which I believe is almost the same size and depth of stand, the view from the corner is 100X better.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Cant see them moving the screen, if they were too it wouldn't be until next summer. They didn't mention it when I asked what there going to do about it. Poor girl it wasn't her mistake so I didn't get angry at her just screwing big time.

That's really unfortunate. The fact that they are losing revenue on quite a few seats might make them consider it. I hope your new seat is ok.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I can't be the only one thinking that someone is having you on?

I wish, but no its real. Someone mentioned on a thread the other day that them and their mates had been moved to the west? I think.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Can't they just cut a chunk off the screen?

:jester:

ps Sorry to hear about your thoroughly rubbish sitch Mr Stick. I hope the club sort it & go the extra mile now i.e. give you a hefty discount for all the grief.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just missed a call from the club myself, trying to get back to them but failing. I thought I would be fine as I am to the right of the penalty spot, nowhere near the screen. All my mates are the row in front of me so if I'm moved I'll be really angry, I don't feel like spending the next few years sitting on my own. Of course I may be jumping the gun. So nervous about what they are going to say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Corner views are always kind of distorted, I've got my north stand thing tomorrow so I'll check it out then. I'm pretty passive but Biscuit will go APE SHIT when they phone him I know that much. Yes we will be only two of us, I know its not the end of the world but I've been looking forward to that centre seat since 5th Feb.

Gutted, Just Gutted.

Just be grateful they dont ask you to stand on your new seat and hold the aerial above your head as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here