Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About to go nuts!!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
01273 878 230? If so it is them, I thought I was clear of it too.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Drumstick

Sorry you have had this happen to you.

Assuming you don't like where they have moved you to, you must insist that they let you know if more suitable seats become available for whatever reason.

Good Luck !

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Slightly o/t but this reminds me of a fiasco at Houston airport back in the early eighties. I was working in Saudi Arabia at the time and had a PanAm flight booked to Bahrain or Dhahran (can't remember as so long ago now - but not important). The thing that was important was that I was told that my seat was no longer available as they'd changed the seating layout due to a different Boeing 747 being used. I protested of course as had to be back at work and there was a stand-off (Texan not Mexican) until they eventually did find a seat after several hours and the flight was delayed.

When I eventually did get to my seat a huge (drunken) American started making comments and I was just 'so in the mood' for that that I told him to 'sit the f*** down or I would put him down'. Never heard another word from him.

So you have every right to make a fuss and hope you have some success - a better seat for a start?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
01273 878 230? If so it is them, I thought I was clear of it too.

Oh, I know it is them. Just looked at the webcam to work it out. Why have they taken so many out? Loads of the seats taken out are nowhere near the screen, including mine.

orryvn.jpg

Sorry the picture is so big (well it was on the preview) but that looks like they have taken seats out to halfway across the central block, when the screen ends 1 seat from the start of the block. I suppose the issue is getiing in and out of our seats past the screen, but I am definitely to the left of the centre of the block when looking at it from this direction. Or to the right of centre if facing the pitch. Still got my fingers crossed, while I wait for them to get back to me.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Going to see it tomorrow as said, Hope its cool if not I'll have a word maybe after a few games some people will cancel direct debits and I can nab those.

Mine I think is one of those central seats left of screen, If so I'll plead to have my seat put in. If its not below screen I cant see why.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Slightly o/t but this reminds me of a fiasco at Houston airport back in the early eighties. I was working in Saudi Arabia at the time and had a PanAm flight booked to Bahrain or Dhahran (can't remember as so long ago now - but not important). The thing that was important was that I was told that my seat was no longer available as they'd changed the seating layout due to a different Boeing 747 being used. I protested of course as had to be back at work and there was a stand-off (Texan not Mexican) until they eventually did find a seat after several hours and the flight was delayed.

When I eventually did get to my seat a huge (drunken) American started making comments and I was just 'so in the mood' for that that I told him to 'sit the f*** down or I would put him down'. Never heard another word from him.

So you have every right to make a fuss and hope you have some success - a better seat for a start?

Problem is, for those of us who chose the back row of the North stand, there is no better seat. We wanted to be here, we were amongst the first to get to choose our seats and chose here. Even if I was sat next to Tony Bloom or Gus I wouldn't be as happy with my seat as I am/was.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just got the call I'm definitely on the move, to around 395, so nearly 50 seats further left (if looking at the pitch). Not happy but what can you do.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Looks like my PSL is worthless too

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Going to see it tomorrow as said, Hope its cool if not I'll have a word maybe after a few games some people will cancel direct debits and I can nab those.

Mine I think is one of those central seats left of screen, If so I'll plead to have my seat put in. If its not below screen I cant see why.

The issue is it's the screen is effectively blocking an exit to the aisle, so the only way to your seat is from the other end. Stadium regulations stipulate that you cannot be more than a certain number of seats from an aisle, 14 I think.

This is why you never see rows with more than 28 seats if the have exits at either end, or 14 if they only have exits at one end.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Looks like my PSL is worthless too

Surely they have to honour that, but I imagine part of the reason you got one was because you had a prime position right in the centre on the back row.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Surely they have to honour that, but I imagine part of the reason you got one was because you had a prime position right in the centre on the back row.

It'll be moved to my new seat, just pointless as I only brought it as it was such a good seat.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If you were seat 345 and I am 351 does that mean the seats count from right to left as we look at it from the webcam? Seems a strange way to do it. Also looks like I must be close to being the last seat to get moved.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This means our capacity is down :ohmy:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Demand your PSL money to be returned if you feel your new seat is not worth keeping it.
I'm in row z as you know. Hope i'm not moved.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Drumstick, gutted for you.

I too bought my 3 season tickets in row Y in very early Feb, and I PMd you to find out if my seats were dead central, and you said they were, directly in front of you in row Z.

Listen, I live 140 miles away and I may not be able to make every game. I will PM you any game for which my seats will be empty and you will be welcome to sit there. It may not be many, but it will be some.

You should most definitely ask for a full refund of your PSL (because the service delivered has not turned out to be what you purchased) and you should also ask for a minimum 20% discount for each season until you are moved to the central block, that should be a discount of about £75 per season, which is a piss in a pot to the Club. If they turn that down, you can take legal advice and win a decent discount easily.

Let me know how you get on.

wedgee

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
you should also ask for a minimum 20% discount for each season until you are moved to the central block, that should be a discount of about £75 per season, which is a piss in a pot to the Club. If they turn that down, you can take legal advice and win a decent discount easily.

Sweet f***ing Jesus. Somebody has made an unfortunate MISTAKE. Its annoying for those involved, that they are not going to be sitting EXACTLY where they chose, and I have sympathy for them. However, the net result is that they are being moved about 25 yards to one side, to somewhere with an equally good view (some would say better).

The club really should, and most probably will, make some form of token goodwill gesture, such as a shop token for a free shirt, or something, but are people really suggesting that those affected should SUE the club. REALLY?

Get over yourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here