Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 more year for Hart confirmed...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No Dickinson DIVED like he always does/did poncing about. Well it looked like it from where I was.

And as for the cross I dont remember who that was just the fact it was disallowed.

Ok so winning a penalty that never was and one cross makes him effective. My bad. I bet if I played for 90 mins I would get ONE good cross in too! That means Im effective! Which is obviously why OGH has been given a contract.

Please please please tell me you're joking about the pen at Orient?! PLEASE!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hart won't be on much money atall - prob less than when he was at his peak... Beats doing a different job so he'd accept most offers I think...

You must be thinking of a different game. Dickinson was FAR from ineffective at Orient last year. He was actually pretty good, including winning the NAILED ON penalty, that wasn't given, and pinging over the brilliant cross for Murray to turn in the [disallowed] 'winner'.

I don't recall whether Harty came on, in that game.

TMLS is right about OGH at Brisbane Road last season, he came on with about 15-20 mins left and admirably hassled the defence. No real penetration though and made a mess of his only chance on goal.

Agree with you 100% about Dickinson that day.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Please please please tell me you're joking about the pen at Orient?! PLEASE!

Nope. Im afraid because our Liam liked poncing about my first thought its a dive. AGAIN. No wonder the refs dont give them.

Granted his height probably goes against him as Forster being alot smaller certainly "won" some marginal pens.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Some on here do make me laugh as HART although loyal and gives 100% has never really had that many good seasons at the albion.

FACT

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Absolutely no idea, but come on, what have you thought of Gary's performances over the past couple of seasons?.

When fit, he's worth... something.

But I suspect that he hasn't been retained purely for his playing skills and attributes.

Whatever, what I do find hard to accept is that he has been retained for sentimental reasons, which is what you're implying.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Think it's good!

He will play 4 or 5 for the firsts .

Maybe he will. Although did he start ANY games last year? This year we will supposedly have a STRONGER squad...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When fit, he's worth... something.

But I suspect that he hasn't been retained purely for his playing skills and attributes.

Whatever, what I do find hard to accept is that he has been retained for sentimental reasons, which is what you're implying.

What l initially liked about Gus when he came to the club, is that he was brave enough to clear out all of the dead wood from the team (of which there was plenty), and show no sentiment at all to players who were either not good enough, not part of his plans, or simply over the hill.

l just hope that sentiment hasnt got in the way again, as with too many other managers in the recent past.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well done Gary. Usefull player to have about.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What l initially liked about Gus when he came to the club, is that he was brave enough to clear out all of the dead wood from the team (of which there was plenty), and show no sentiment at all to players who were either not good enough, not part of his plans, or simply over the hill.

l just hope that sentiment hasnt got in the way again, as with too many other managers in the recent past.

WHAT sentiment?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have no reason to doubt Gus judgement on this.

As people say he sees the players every day and knows what they are and are not capable of.

Besides if he can transform Navarro from useless, fat slow scouser to the new Zidane then he must be doing something right!

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
What none of us know really is what OGH adds to the squad generally - ie what does he do to help bring young players through, how does he demonstrate the virtues in working hard and being loyal, and how does he keep spirits up in the away dressing room at Brunton Park on a Tuesday night in February...

He's not on much cash - we renegotiated his contract last year if I recall - and presumably he must be thinking about taking his coaching badges. He's been a model pro for us, and if he's good enough for Gus, that's good enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here