Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 more year for Hart confirmed...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Great news!

OGH is vital to make sure all these new players know where they have come to, and don't just see us as a Club with no history/spirit.

I am sure many people are right when they say he won't get much match time, but I suspect Gus sees him as someone who can assist with the develpment squad and showing the youngsters how to behave when you are not playing in the first team. The guy is a model professional, and is an excellent role model for younsters to follow in terms of attitude and commitment. After this year I suspect they will give him a coaching role, or maybe even this on a part time basis.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
for all those saying he is worth another year as a sub - what exactly does he offer coming off the bench except the ability to run around?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hart said he wants to play upfront, but does he honestly think he play apart from maybe a Paintpot Trophy game? He has done well over the years, but really? Every dog has his day and his was at the end of the season before last.

Murray is likely to be suspended, then he has to get infront of Barnes, Holroyd and a striker that Gus wants to bring in. We also have Midtgarden on the books too.

I hope he proves his worth, but he hasnt scored since I was living in India. That was 4 years ago

Last edited:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Personally I don't think this is a good signing - what has he offered the team over the more recent years - not really that much when you compare it to Virgo and Kuipers and we have let them go - that is why I find it very strange - yes he WAS a good servant but to me he is someone from the past good times that should really move on - everyone else has

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
at the end of the day, Gus has decided to sign him. He obviously thinks he has a contribution to make to this promotion campaign.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think its a good extension, he obviously cares about the club and wants to play football. He may not be as good as he was or the most gifted but you're guaranteed 110% effort everytime he plays. I'd rather have him coming on as a sub than Neon Light thats for sure!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't believe he,s still here???
As long as his wages is super super low then i don't see a problem,but seems a waste of money to me.:glare:

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
i meant to put "may" have him on the books, typing too fast for my own good. Gus seemed interested but he is playing for his club this weekend.

Really? I guess that means we're probably not going to bring him in then.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great squad player, Great Club player, Great bloke. Totally the right decision.

I think we should be Gary a contract every year for at least another ten years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well as things stand he is 3rd choice striker !

Murray > Barnes > Holroyd > Baz > Barker / Hart

Even before we probably sign at least one more.

If we signed a similar player ie the stats were the same , this board would be cumming over the fact he has pedigree

If we signed a forward who had played only a dozen games, and not scored ONCE in four YEARS?

People would be 'cumming'. Do you really think that?

:shrug:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
im not sure Poyet is the type of manager who would hand a contract to gary purely on sentiment,he must see an advantage to keeping ogh on the books,the few games he came on last season that i saw he is still able to get behind defences and put in a Quality cross,which others seem to struggle with time and time again,offering a guy a contract simply because he can cross a ball may seem a bit daft but if theres 10 mins to go and we need a goal to get ourselves back into a game that cross could prove priceless.

p.s im not saying alls you can do is cross a ball Gary :smile: theres a rumour going round you can head it too

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably worth it just to have him in the dressing room as Gus and Charlies eyes on the shop floor so to speak. I doubt he'll get to play at all bar a glut of injuries or suspensions. A good link with the team when it had real spirit, might rub off on the others.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
well, there's a shocker. The same hkfc who has had a go at me previously for persistant criticism of individuals manages to start a thread where he can slate his least favourite player for about the 20th time this summer, despite the story being on the club website two days earlier. Happy days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I honestly DO understand all this, but the simple fact is that Gus DOESN'T pick him to play, does he? How many minutes did he play last year?

The ONLY sensible reaction to this news, is still; :shrug:

As what though? Not denying the legend part. Nor that he should be retained in some capacity where he can actually contribute something useful. Maybe as a player-coach of the development squad - to instill in those young lads, all the FINE attributes he has.

But, as sixth choice, non-scoring forward, sorry - just don't get it.

Murray > Barnes > Holroyd > Baz > Barker / Hart

Even before we probably sign at least one more.

well, there's a shocker. The same hkfc who has had a go at me previously for persistant criticism of individuals manages to start a thread where he can slate his least favourite player for about the 20th time this summer, despite the story being on the club website two days earlier. Happy days.

Have I? Where, exactly?

I have not slated him in the slightest. I've agreed he's a LEGEND, and agreed that he should be retained in a USEFUL role.

All I've questionned is the value in giving him another year as a player, which will ultimately prove to be a waste of yet another year of HIS CAREER, when he should be PLAYING elsewhere. Your mates, Scott and Brett have said the same thing in this same thread, but you seem to have not noticed that.

Anyway, carry on...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
l honestly thought of offering those new contracts to absolute has-beens were gone.

Apparantly not, OGH has been given a new one year contract.

Sorry Gary but thats just what you were, a has been.

Thanks so much for all that you have done for our great club, and yes you are a true Legend.

But as happens in football, and in life, its now time to move on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
l honestly thought of offering those new contracts to absolute has-beens were gone.

Apparantly not, OGH has been given a new one year contract.

Sorry Gary but thats just what you were, a has been.

Thanks so much for all that you have done for our great club, and yes you are a true Legend.

But as happens in football, and in life, its now time to move on.

Stop SLATING him. You BASTARD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here